Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

Old 03-16-2017, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waitil723 View Post
My LO tells me it's easier to do time when you don't have a gf or wife because you're only thinking of yourself and not having that pressure of keeping up a relationship. He says "you can't miss what you don't have". Whenever he has been in previously we were on a break or it wasn't that long of a stay like 3months-6months max. But this time it's 2 years in prison so we are feeling it this time.
What does LO mean? My fiance has been in trouble with the law before. This is his first time being arrested and sent off. It's really hard on both of us. He is blessed to be at a place that isn't a bad place. I don't get to see him but once a year. Because he is in another state. I miss him so much.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2017, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks1170 View Post
What does LO mean? My fiance has been in trouble with the law before. This is his first time being arrested and sent off. It's really hard on both of us. He is blessed to be at a place that isn't a bad place. I don't get to see him but once a year. Because he is in another state. I miss him so much.
Loved One

Old 03-20-2017, 03:20 AM

Missing my husband more than ever!!! Just had a newborn baby girl 6 days ago and it's so difficult to put a smile on at times knowing he's in prison. This is our 4 th baby and my oldest just turned 6 so I'm pretty much super mom. He's been there for all my pregnancies and with this one he had to turn himself in 2 months before my due date. I'm truly grateful for my family (parents, in laws, and siblings), but I miss my other half and so do my kids! I miss being spoiled by my babe! Telling me don't worry I'll watch the kids while you take a nap ��... he's in reception so I can't even talk to him. Can't wait for all this to be over ����... in the meantime I'll be patiently waiting for July 2017! ��
Old 03-20-2017, 04:06 PM
Married May 27, 2017!

I miss him so much right now. We've been approved to get married. In Colorado I can marry him at visit, but right now I don't even know when I'll be there next since everything is up in the air.

I've loved him forever and can't wait to be his wife, but being in California and him in Colorado visiting is hard.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:26 PM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenwyn View Post
I miss him so much right now. We've been approved to get married. In Colorado I can marry him at visit, but right now I don't even know when I'll be there next since everything is up in the air.

I've loved him forever and can't wait to be his wife, but being in California and him in Colorado visiting is hard.

I think its wrong that they send them to a different state. We live in Georgia and they sent my fiance to North Carolina. I am only able to visit once a year.
The Following User Says Thank You to rks1170 For This Useful Post:
THEDRSBRIDE1175 (05-19-2017)
Old 03-20-2017, 04:39 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonswifey View Post
Missing my husband more then I have ever missed anyone in my life. I was suppose to hang out with a friend yesterday and I ended up putting my cell phone and house phone on silent and staying in bed all day. I just didn't want to talk to anyone. I love him so much and its just killing me having him away like this.
I soooo understand what you feel!!! I know this is an old post but I feel this way all the time!! My fiance has been locked up since march 2014, we have 2 boys together Noah 7 yrs old and Jaiden 4 yrs old, he got locked up a month after we found out my father was diagnosed with small cell lung cancer and was told with treatment (chemo and radiation) he might have a yr left!!! This was the worst time in my life !!! I lost my best friend and soul mate to prison while trying to prepare myself to lose my father.... The two most important men in my life and I lost them!!! Thank god for our children or I don't think I would have made it through and everyday im still going through it, my father passed away April 28 2015 and I still don't think I have accepted it, then my fiance was sentenced to 12 1/2 yrs and his release date is march 2025, he has filed appeals and won the first one and the judge knocked off three yrs an he is going through his second one now, he is trying to get into a drug and alcohol program for early release and he was also suppose to get parole or probation or some sh*t for 6 yrs I don't understand all this legal crap but does he have to do the full 12 yrs and probation or part of the 12 yrs then probation? Anyway im sorry for blabbering on n on I just dont have anybody out here that gets it or knows what im going through
Old 03-20-2017, 09:53 PM

Red face Missing my love

Missing my love everyday it's so hard at times I've been there for him since before he got locked up last year but just fully got wit him Jan 18 of this year......I've been down wit him I love him so much he made some bad chooses but who don't like I always say u can't help who u love my heart tells me he loves me just as much as I love him.....He makes me happy we only have like 89 days left I ain't seen him n over 30 cuz he was only able one visit every 30 days n now tht them are up I am trying to get off this weekend to go see him but don't think thts gonna happen .....I wanna spend the rest of our life's together I wanna show him how he should be treated not like he is use to the days r dragging by how dobu guys keep going
Old 03-20-2017, 10:09 PM

Default Missing my love

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopingwaiting View Post
I just want to vent my feelings here cuz I have nowhere else to put them. I'm so frustrated that I fell in love with him. He told me he was facing time before we got together. He warned me and I didn't listen. I just thought somehow it would be different for us or that I wouldn't be affected by it or that I would be able to keep our prison life out of my work and social life, but it's taking over. Recently, my mind has kind of shifted into letting him go because at a recent visit it just became clear that my needs were not being met and I don't care if you're in prison or here by my side, if my emotional needs are not being met at the very least, then it is impossible for me to fake like they are. I can only do so much selfless giving - I seriously have NOTHING left to give. He's sweet, he hasn't done anything wrong. He just keeps signing letters "You're the BEST" and I'm starting to feel like all I ever do is fufill his every little request. But the second I ask him to tell me that he loves me - He's never officially said "I love you" he says he can't. And I get it. Fine. You're in prison and you don't want to be vulnerable or you see love as a promise that you might not be able to keep. That is fine. I just wish he'd set me free if that's the case. Let me go. I don't want to be the one to do it. I can't bear to let him down on top of all of this. He's told me before that I'm the light at the end of the tunnel for him and that he fantasizes about our future together all the time. I know he loves me, I know it. It's just so infuriating that he won't say it - and I feel so childish, I do. But dammnit, I don't think it's the worst thing in the world to want to hear I love you. Especially when you love him and you're giving him everything you have. I've gotten to the point where I resent him so much I'm not sure what I feel anymore.

Thanks for listening.
Girl Iam the same way some days but mine tells me he loves me but some time I wonder if it's just prison talk bit I feel ya
The Following User Says Thank You to Ronniesbaby17 For This Useful Post:
hopingwaiting (04-21-2017)
Old 03-21-2017, 04:00 AM
Married May 27, 2017!

Quote:
I think its wrong that they send them to a different state. We live in Georgia and they sent my fiance to North Carolina. I am only able to visit once a year.
Oh, he's in state, not feds. He was my best friend growing up and we reconnected while he has been incarcerated. His family moved away when we were 17. Kinda a long story, I was married when we reconnected. But my husband had a terminal illness and let me write him because he knew he was going to die anyway. I didn't visit him until after my husband had passed. My husband wrote him for a while and finally wrote him a letter asking him to marry me. So we're hoping to do that soon.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:44 AM

I miss my husband every day. It's crazy, how slow time passes when your other half is not around. I feel lonely, mostly. But some days I am distracted, and other days I just can't shake it. I saw this forum by searching google. It's nice to know that there are people out there in the world going through the same thing, and not giving up. I really admire each and every one of you. We are all strong.
The Following User Says Thank You to susuglvz For This Useful Post:
hannahcat (03-22-2017)
Old 03-23-2017, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenwyn View Post
Oh, he's in state, not feds. He was my best friend growing up and we reconnected while he has been incarcerated. His family moved away when we were 17. Kinda a long story, I was married when we reconnected. But my husband had a terminal illness and let me write him because he knew he was going to die anyway. I didn't visit him until after my husband had passed. My husband wrote him for a while and finally wrote him a letter asking him to marry me. So we're hoping to do that soon.

No he is federal. Is just that he is in another state. So I can't visit him but once a year.
Old 03-30-2017, 12:41 PM

Unhappy

hello!! I honestly don't know how the heck I keep going bcuz sometimes I feel so overwhelmed and I feel like he's never coming home!! As of right now his out date is 3/17/2025 but he won his first appeal and is in the middle of his second, an the first one he won they knocked off 3 yrs I think he said, he is in federal prison in Schuylkill FCI in pa and I am in NY 2 1/2 hours away so its not that far but we have two boys together and I am not able to work rt now so shit is hard, what I don't understand is how you get a 12 yrs sentence and still have to do 6 yrs supervision??? Isn't the supervision supposed to be apart of the sentence like do six yrs then 6 yrs parole or how ever it work ? I have repeatedly asked him to send me the court papers so I could see for myself (because he loves to "lie" and surprise me and I have a feeling that's what he's doing but idk.....
Old 04-02-2017, 07:28 PM

I miss my man. I work on weekends so I can only see him on holidays. I won't be able to see him again until Memorial Day. That's two months away.🙁
Old 04-02-2017, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONWIFE View Post
I miss my man. I work on weekends so I can only see him on holidays. I won't be able to see him again until Memorial Day. That's two months away.

Aww if it makes you feel any better my hubby is about to go off to reception so you know how that goes. Chin up love it will be ok
Old 04-06-2017, 01:50 PM

Default I miss my husband 😔

I miss my husband and it's only been about 2 weeks Denice he's been aboutb2 weeks since he left it's killing me inside because he's like my best friend the only person that makes me laugh all the time the one I hold at night to fall asleep like he's my teddy bear it's just driving me crazy but I'm trying my hardest to stay strong because this is what he ask of me to do for him so that he doesn't break down while he's gone I just miss him so much I only saw him twice before he moved to rikers island, I just can't wait till I see him again I just need to see his face and hug him so tight
Old 04-06-2017, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopswife55 View Post
I miss my husband and it's only been about 2 weeks Denice he's been aboutb2 weeks since he left it's killing me inside because he's like my best friend the only person that makes me laugh all the time the one I hold at night to fall asleep like he's my teddy bear it's just driving me crazy but I'm trying my hardest to stay strong because this is what he ask of me to do for him so that he doesn't break down while he's gone I just miss him so much I only saw him twice before he moved to rikers island, I just can't wait till I see him again I just need to see his face and hug him so tight

I totally understand my husband just went to reception so I can't hear his voice or nothing and that is killing me. I feel so down and some what depressed smh. The waiting game is a tough game to play but keep your head up love
Old 04-06-2017, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renea0428 View Post
I totally understand my husband just went to reception so I can't hear his voice or nothing and that is killing me. I feel so down and some what depressed smh. The waiting game is a tough game to play but keep your head up love
Thank you I will I just feel depressed all I wanna do is just sleep the day away on my days off but I got to start keeping myself busy as much as possible
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snoopswife55 For This Useful Post:
Renea0428 (04-06-2017), THEDRSBRIDE1175 (05-19-2017)
Old 04-06-2017, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Thank you I will I just feel depressed all I wanna do is just sleep the day away on my days off but I got to start keeping myself busy as much as possible

Yes exactly my problem
Old 04-06-2017, 02:32 PM

Yea he doesn't understand lol like we're females we are emotional !
Old 04-06-2017, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Yea he doesn't understand lol like we're females we are emotional !

They never do lol
Old 04-06-2017, 02:41 PM

Lol but we are gonna get through this us women have strengths that we didn't even know we had it's just the beginning is always hard but once he gets couple months into his bjd I'll feel better . How long is your man away for ?
Old 04-06-2017, 02:42 PM

Quote:

Hell yes that's wrong why did they do that? We live in California and he is here so I'm blessed on that part
Old 04-06-2017, 02:53 PM

That's not cool thats why did they do that ?
Old 04-06-2017, 02:56 PM

Quote:
That's not cool thats why did they do that ?

Maybe you can call and ask. Are you married?
Old 04-06-2017, 03:05 PM

No I'm just in engaged he wants to get married once he reach his final destination he has to go through reception hopefully in a few days then he will be going to his final destination somewhere up north in New York