Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > IDAHO Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

IDAHO Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions Topics and conversations dealing with the State of Idaho - Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, News & Information, etc.

Old 07-06-2008, 04:36 PM

Default Wanted: GREAT attorney for parole / probation

I hear Dennis Sallaz of Sallaz & Gatewood is the best attorney to have represent to P & P. I intend to retain him when the time comes however new evidence has surfaced that could possibly punch holes in the case of my friend. Any other "hot shot" criminal attorneys that can be recommended? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Old 08-29-2008, 10:33 PM

I hear Sallaz is the best. Stick with him.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:57 PM

Denny Sallaz is the best! He got my man out last time and I am hiring him again this time. He is a hard guy to get a hold of, but his paralegal is helpful. He charges $3000-$3500 per parole hearing, but he will work with you on the retainer.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:29 PM

Denny Sallaz is a great lawyer. He will be representing my boyfriend soon. Word of advice, stay AWAY from DC Carr
Old 07-04-2009, 11:04 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPNLady View Post
I hear Dennis Sallaz of Sallaz & Gatewood is the best attorney to have represent to P & P. I intend to retain him when the time comes however new evidence has surfaced that could possibly punch holes in the case of my friend. Any other "hot shot" criminal attorneys that can be recommended? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
He is a great attorney have your freind get ahold of him. GOOD Luck
Old 12-19-2009, 05:29 PM
ALLI CAT

hi there, i hired chris burglund out of boise idaho, she was great. she got my husband back out and off of parole. my honey is no longer on parole. she also works with d.c. carr. great people in my opinion, we had alot of support and backed up everything that was on my husbands parole violation, so it worked out for us. good luck to you. alli
Old 08-31-2010, 02:01 PM

If you are thinking about hiring an attorney for parole, I recommend to call Curt McKenzie Law Office and ask for Denise. They truely care about you and work hard for you. Unfortunately we had a horrible experience with Dennis Sallaz and we switched to them. Curt McKenzie is also an Idaho state senator.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:41 PM

Default I agree

I agree Salaz is the best! I wish I hadn't waited 6 months to get him on the case cause he had him out in one month. However he is spendy!

Quote:
Old 11-02-2010, 04:43 PM

Default DC Carr

yes!!!DC Carr is a serious POS! Someone needs to sue the pants off that guy for taking money and never providing a service
Old 11-03-2010, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyball View Post
I agree Salaz is the best! I wish I hadn't waited 6 months to get him on the case cause he had him out in one month. However he is spendy!
For what happened to us, Sallaz being "spendy!" is understatement.
Old 03-06-2017, 02:53 PM
sfifer

Default Not Sallaz . . . He's Resigned in lieu of Disbarment

Quote:

Dennis J. Sallaz submitted his resignation to practice law in the State of Idaho, in lieu of disbarment, which became effective on March 1, 2017.

He screwed one too many families out of way too much money. He was horrible and ineffective.
Old 03-07-2017, 01:07 AM
Ex-Prisoner & ACLU Intern
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,874 Times in 753 Posts

Yep, Denny is done:

Quote:
DENNIS J. SALLAZ
(Resignation in Lieu of Disciplinary Proceedings)

On February 28, 2017, the Idaho Supreme Court entered an Order accepting the resignation in lieu of disciplinary proceedings of Boise attorney Dennis J. Sallaz, effective March 1, 2017. The Idaho Supreme Court’s Order followed a stipulated resolution of a disciplinary proceeding that related to the following conduct.
While serving as counsel for a client, Mr. Sallaz drafted and executed a purchase agreement pursuant to which the client purchased Mr. Sallaz’s interests in an Idaho limited liability company. That company purportedly held certain real estate, title to which was in dispute at the time Mr. Sallaz and his client executed the purchase agreement. Mr. Sallaz did not adequately explain his conflict of interest in the transaction to his client, obtain his client’s written informed consent to the conflict of interest, or advise his client in writing of the desirability of seeking the advice of independent legal counsel on the transaction. Mr. Sallaz admitted that with respect to that business transaction, his conduct violated I.R.P.C. 1.7(a)(2) [Conflict of interest based on the lawyer’s personal interests] and I.R.P.C. 1.8(a) [Conflict of interest in business transaction with client]. Additionally, Mr. Sallaz admitted that he placed personal funds in his trust account, which simultaneously held clients’ funds, in violation of I.R.P.C. 1.15(a) [Failure to hold property of clients or third parties separate from lawyer’s own property].
The Idaho Supreme Court accepted Mr. Sallaz’s resignation in lieu of disciplinary proceedings effective March 1, 2017. By the terms of the Order, Mr. Sallaz may not make application for admission to the Idaho State Bar sooner than five (5) years from the date of his resignation. If he does make such application for admission, he will be required to comply with all bar admission requirements in Section II of the Idaho Bar Commission Rules and will have the burden of overcoming the rebuttable presumption of the unfitness to practice law.
By the terms of the Idaho Supreme Court’s Order, Mr. Sallaz’s name was stricken from the records of the Idaho Supreme Court and his right to practice law before the courts in Idaho was terminated on March 1, 2017.
Inquiries about this matter may be directed to: Bar Counsel, Idaho State Bar, P.O. Box 895, Boise, Idaho 83701, (208) 334-4500.

I've never understood why people bother to hire attorneys to represent them at parole hearings anyway. From everything I've seen, it never made a difference. Your record is going to speak for itself, and 99% of the time the parole board has already made up their mind and decision before you even walk into the hearing room.

So it's just a waste of money.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nickel Timer For This Useful Post:
patchouli (03-08-2017), Patrickj (04-11-2017)
Old 03-08-2017, 12:25 PM

Smile Shame on you sfifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfifer View Post
Dennis J. Sallaz submitted his resignation to practice law in the State of Idaho, in lieu of disbarment, which became effective on March 1, 2017.

He screwed one too many families out of way too much money. He was horrible and ineffective.
In your position as an employee of the State of Idaho at the Commission of Pardons and Parole, this post is shocking coming from you......who went to Law School, took the Bar Exam in two different States at least four times and could not pass thus, working where you do. Your post absolutely reflects your character and unprofessionalism and sadly, the thrill you thrive on from other's mishaps. Also, he did not resign in lieu of disbarment, he resigned in lieu of disciplinary action. Your stated post is in fact not accurate and you may want to check your facts before you state same. Going through law school, you should know and understand the term "Libel." Your father would be so disappointed in you, even more so than he was when he passed. Now, instead of posting smut and untruths, get to work and earn those tax payer dollars that provide your income!

Last edited by patchouli; 03-08-2017 at 12:43 PM.. Reason: Removed first name from title
The Following User Says Thank You to Amore222 For This Useful Post:
David (03-15-2017)
Old 03-09-2017, 03:21 PM

Default Reply to your message

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickel Timer View Post
Yep, Denny is done:

I've never understood why people bother to hire attorneys to represent them at parole hearings anyway. From everything I've seen, it never made a difference. Your record is going to speak for itself, and 99% of the time the parole board has already made up their mind and decision before you even walk into the hearing room.

hmmmmmm
Old 03-15-2017, 09:03 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,598 Times in 1,553 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfifer View Post
I don't know Dennis Sallaz, nor am I advocating for him in any way, but apparently he had some satisfied clients (or sock puppets) in the past, or nobody would have posted here about him. Then again, members with low post counts (Like You), are always suspect when it comes to showing up to drop a negative review and nothing else, IMO. Even if he did screw people over, it sounds like you have an ax to grind.
Old 03-15-2017, 09:09 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,598 Times in 1,553 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickel Timer View Post
No doubt, it can be.. But, in some parts of our not-so-little prison & parole world, people have connections, and can make things happen that might not without them. I'm NOT saying that this was the case, but it sounds like at least a few old members really thought highly of this guy. It also sounds like Ms. Fifer, who is currently listed on the Parole Commission staff for the State, may not have been happy with some of the results? Total speculation, but it might explain her previous post. Then again, she might be privy to him actually screwing over families. I couldn't pull it up, and at the end of the day, it doesn't matter if he is no longer able to practice law. Or is that just in Idaho?

Yep.. It's Wednesday night.. Back to mopping!