Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KANSAS Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

KANSAS Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions Topics and conversations dealing with the State of Iowa - Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, News & Information, visitation, mail, etc

Old 02-22-2017, 11:02 PM

Post 2017 Kansas Visitors forms & info

I have noticed that there are a few links in here that are outdated and also information on visitors forms and such.

THIS IS CURRENT FROM DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS KANSAS WEB SITE - 2017

You may check an inmate’s location and status on the Department’s Kansas Adult Supervised Population Electronic Repository (KASPER). -

KASPER - OFFENDER POPULATION SEARCH

If you need information on Visiting a inmate at any of the Prisoner locations
in Kansas, you will need to fill out a Visiting Privileges Application.

I would highly recommend reading the 13 pages that comes with the Application.This will explain ALL the Do's and Don'ts with the visit, and how they access your information for approval.

VISITING

Quote:
The prospective visitor will need to complete the form and mail it

back to the facility for review and approval. A criminal background check is

completed on all visitors. The visiting rules are sent out with the request form.

FORM FOR VISITING PRIVILEGES - IMPP 10-113D: Offender Visitation

Quote:
No visitors will be allowed into a correctional facility until the application has been approved.

However, members of an inmate's immediate family, who the inmate has submitted on his visitor’s list for temporary approval, may be allowed visitation pending completion of the approval process for the first 30 days after the inmate's transfer from an RDU to a facility for general population confinement.

Quote:
How are visiting privileges determined?

Visitation privileges are determined by the incentive level assigned to each inmate in the following manner.

Those inmates assigned to the following incentive levels are provided the following privileges:

Intake Level: limited to visits from attorneys, clergy and law enforcement.

Level I: limited to visits from attorneys, clergy, law enforcement, a primary visitor and immediate family members.

Levels II & III: allowed visits from any approved visitors.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON VISITATION....

YOU CAN READ MORE BY CLICKING HERE

Is physical contact allowed during a visit?

Quote:
Contact during visits is limited to a brief embrace or kiss at the beginning and end of the visit. Hand holding is not allowed.

Quote:
Yes. Inmates are permitted telephone privileges to place collect or prepaid telephone calls. Inmates cannot receive calls.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON ACCESS TO PHONES CLICK...HERE

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND IF YOU ARE NEW WITH PHONES -

Quote:
Every new number must be verified and activated before the inmate is allowed to call. Numbers with missing information will not be entered into the telephone calling service computer system.
HOW TO SET UP TELEPHONE CONTACT...

Quote:
Friends and family may establish accounts by contacting the inmate telephone service provider, CenturyLink, to establish a pre-paid account at 1-855-698-0010, or accounts may be set up online at no cost at http://centurylinkcorrections.com. Inmates cannot call cell phones unless a pre-paid account is established. This may be done by the family by calling ICS at 1-855-698-0010 to set up a pre-paid collect account for their cell phone. Please call 1-800-333-8856 for other phone questions (i.e., accidental blocks, etc.,).

EMAIL

Quote:
Yes, you can correspond with an inmate through electronic messaging by going to www.JPay.com, establishing an account and identifying the inmate(s) with whom you wish to correspond. An inmate can correspond with you in either one of two ways: by replying to an electronic message you have sent to him/her; or by having the system send you a form letter requesting permission for him/her to be able to correspond.

FOR MORE INFORMATION ON EMAILING CLICK.......
HERE

FOR MORE INFORMATION AND GENERAL QUESTIONS YOU CAN VISIT THIS LINK AND HOPEFULLY YOUR ANSWER WILL BE THERE

CLICK HERE FOR GENERAL QUESTIONS

LINK TO J-PAY - JPay | Your Home For Corrections Services

LINK TO CENTURY LINK - Century Link Corrections

LINK TO IC SOLUTIONS - ICSolutions - Friends & Family

Last edited by char_hart80; 02-22-2017 at 11:08 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to char_hart80 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (02-23-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2017, 02:38 PM
Donation Award 

I have been able to send 30 second videos and pictures to my son through Jpay. I seem to only be able to do the videos via the app on my phone but he loves to see them.
Old 06-05-2017, 01:35 PM
Donation Award 

Default temporary vistor application

"However, members of an inmate's immediate family, who the inmate has submitted on his visitor’s list for temporary approval, may be allowed visitation pending completion of the approval process for the first 30 days after the inmate's transfer from an RDU to a facility for general population confinement."

So.... I called El Dorado for 2 weeks and finally got someone at the visitation desk to answer the phone. I asked how I could get the temporary approval because everyone there was telling my son they had no idea what he was talking about. She advised me that she has no clue why any of the sites still state the above as that process is not followed anymore. I was extremely disappointed especially given she then advised it takes 2-6 weeks to approve the standard visitor application. I sent an email to the DOC publication department but as I expected I have received no response but thought I would note this so others are not disappointed. It's been a year since I have hugged my son and I am anxiously awaiting my application to get approved.
Old 06-12-2017, 05:54 PM
Donation Award 

Default Visitor Application

DO NOT print and use the visitor application from the link in this thread. I did so and 3 weeks has passed I just got it back in the mail with a nasty little note that my son has to send the most up to date one to me as mine clearly says DO NOT COPY on it. Well that is what they provide on the DOC website for El Dorado so I am unsure what her issue is.

Just don't want anyone else to waste weeks waiting on pins and needles to go see their loved one - in addition I spent $10.00 to overnight it. Again money lost to the system.
The Following User Says Thank You to TiLulu For This Useful Post:
patchouli (06-12-2017)
Old 06-12-2017, 06:06 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 28,295 Times in 13,245 Posts

Wow. That form is dated Dec. 2016 and they have a new form already I'm so sorry you've had to go through this When your son sends you the "new" form, will you please compare it to the one posted and let us know if its the same / different. Thanks!