Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Probation, Parole & Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Probation, Parole & Supervision Having problems (or need info) with Probation, Parole or Community Corrections & Supervision?? Lets talk about it here.

Old 11-27-2005, 09:25 PM
Movin forward
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,177 Times in 1,377 Posts
Default Question for Searcher... Employment

Is it a requirement of the Interstate Compact to have a job lead in order to be granted parole?? My man is in Colorado and was trying to parole to CA or PA... he was flopped because all he had was an address (in CA) but no job lead. I was under the assumption that a job lead would help but was not required...
Old 11-28-2005, 11:34 AM

Location: Originally Maine, then MA, NY and now back in New Englad area

Your question is perhaps phrased incorrectly or I’m reading it wrong. The Interstate Compact has nothing to do with being granted parole. The individual states have their own criteria for granting parole. The Interstate Compact refers to people requesting transfers who are not residence, in this case they have to have employment or a viable means of support (in additional to qualifying family). You can only apply for Interstate Compact upon being granted parole (even if your still inside and are awaiting a release date). So, Parole would be granted prior to any Out of State Transfer Investigation was conducted. I could see a situation where the inmate ended up being denied for an transfer because he didn’t meet the criteria for an Out of State Transfer so a parole board could deny parole if the inmate has no alternative release plan. But, the denial of parole isn’t made by the OOS request but actually because the inmate has no acceptable release plan. Do you follow?

Searcher
Old 11-28-2005, 12:24 PM
Movin forward
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,177 Times in 1,377 Posts

I do follow... Thanks for the information. I did word it incorrectly but your response provided the information I needed (thanks for reading between the lines).