Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > Pennsylvania General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pennsylvania General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Pennsylvania that do not fit into any other Pennsylvania sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 09-03-2010, 04:29 PM

Default Desperately need advice from Bobble

My fiance is going for a PCRA hearing on September 7, 2010. His attorney had waited until the last minute to file, then cancelled the first hearing back in June so it was rescheduled for September. He was transported to SCI Greensburg, he is in AC custody, basically in the hole, no privledges, nothing. He has not received his meds since arriving there which he needs for his anxiety, no phone calls, nothing. I called there today to see if he was allowed visits, was told yes, I get there and they gave me a 1 hour non-contact visit because he "must have done something wrong to be in the hole" per the guard. So I guess I want to know some things: Is this legal? No meds? He is being punished for wanting a PCRA hearing. He asked how long on average someone is there, and the guy he is celled with has been waiting THREE MONTHS to be returned to his home prison to complete his sentance. My guy was in the last phase of TC, was to see Parole in November. BOBBLE I need help. He needs his meds. Is there anything I can do to get him transported back ASAP? I am emotionally wrecked right now. Out of everything we have been through this is the worst!! HELP PLEASE!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2010, 05:07 PM

I was so upset that I forgot something. They were asking him his past medical history when he first got into his cell, his cell mate was present, so no privacy. I work in health care and that is totally AGAINST HIPPA laws to discuss those things out in the open like that. Now mind you my guy has NEVER gotten into any trouble since entering prison, so I feel his rights are being abused. Also, he has severe sleep apnea and of course they would not allow him to bring his bi-pap machine from his home prison. I really need help, this is very devastating to him and to me!!!!
Old 09-04-2010, 09:16 AM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,099 Times in 1,178 Posts

My first suggestion is that you call the Corrections Health Care Administrator at Greensburg and explain all of this to him or her. That is the person who is ultimately responsible for health care within that institution. If you can't reach the CHCA or you don't feel your concerns were addressed, call back and ask for the Superintendent's office.

Let me know (PM is faster) how this goes.