Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Probation, Parole & Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Probation, Parole & Supervision Having problems (or need info) with Probation, Parole or Community Corrections & Supervision?? Lets talk about it here.

Old 05-12-2017, 10:19 AM

Default Couldn't pee = positive test?

I can't believe this. My brothers been at the halfway house since the 3rd and is having issues. He had just come out of the bathroom when they called him into test....waited 2 hours and he still couldn't go sontjey gave him a positive test. What happens now?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2017, 10:24 AM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 1,071 Times in 583 Posts

I'm not knowledgeable about Maine (if that's where he is) but he should see if there's an appeal process. Would have been best if he could have gotten a blood test right then since many drugs will be out of the system in a matter of days. He will likely just be tested more often now. If he does go back to court for his inability to urinate and explains the situation I doubt he will be placed back in prison UNLESS he's had other issues at the HWH.

ASPC LEWIS - STINER
Old 05-12-2017, 10:31 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 27,429 Times in 12,870 Posts

Yes, no specimen and/or a diluted specimen is the same as a positive. Its considered a violation....hopefully they won't hold it against him. Let us know how it turns out
Old 05-12-2017, 02:33 PM

I hope they won't hold it against him too. He's only been there a week!! I wonder how he could get a blood test done? They'll only let him go certain places. I sent a message to his lawyer. He didn't think it would be a big deal for now. He has had issues with not being able to go before....when he was out on bail. We always had a blood test done at his doctors office on those days just in case. Fortunately it never became an issue. Crossing my fingers that it won't be now either. I'll know more when he calls tonight.
Old 05-12-2017, 02:52 PM
Ex-Prisoner & ACLU Intern
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,549 Times in 629 Posts

Gosh, I hate hearing about these types of reports... I suffer from a pretty serious case of paruresis myself, finding it hard to urinate in the presence of others. (Always had to time my pee breaks in prison to when my cellie was out, which in some cases meant holding it clear until chow call when we were let out of our cells.)

The only way I was able to overcome it (when ordered to piss on demand) was to just drink a bunch of water. As I understand it, it is actually very difficult to get a diluted test result, usually only if you actually try to mix a urine sample with tap water (or toilet water) afterwards or something, so tell him to not be afraid to really liquify so that he really needs to go when the time comes.

Because at least how it worked in Idaho prisons, is a failure to produce a specimen was just as bad as a hot specimen. In other words, you're going to be disciplined, which means getting a write-up, thrown in the Hole, and possibly given more points which could escalate you to a higher security custody level. And often times requesting a blood draw instead just isn't an option.

I hope he isn't punished too harshly for his failure to produce.
Old 05-12-2017, 03:14 PM

I'm scared to death. He's done so well....completed RDAP with flying colors and is ready to move on.
Old 05-15-2017, 09:56 AM

They gave him another chance last night and he was successful. He has a hearing today in the first one.....hopefully all will be well.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kerulu For This Useful Post:
LifeTraveler (05-15-2017), Nickel Timer (05-15-2017), patchouli (05-15-2017), Sinir.Fridyrr (05-15-2017)