Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Drug & Alcohol Treatment & Rehabilitation > Drug & Alcohol Testimonies and Success Stories
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Drug & Alcohol Testimonies and Success Stories Information, inspiration, and resources for addiction.

Old 07-10-2008, 09:00 AM
Donation Award 

Default Question for recovering addicts

My husband is a recovering crack addict and he has over a year clean time now (7 months on the outside)... I recently found out that a co-worker of his is a former meth addict and another co-worker is a former crack addict... He has worked with the former meth addict the entire 7 months he's been with the company, but the former crack addict just started working there.

My question for other recovering addicts, is it more tempting when you are around other former addicts (especially your DOC addicts) to go out and do it again? My husband is not from this area, he left his old "people, places and things" behind over a year ago... I feel the need to add that my husband is the only one of the bunch currently working a program.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2008, 09:46 AM
1 love....1 God

recovering addict over here ..crack was my drug of choice .... i can only speak from personal expereince , my husband is a crack user also , we have known and been friends with each other for over 25 years and never once have we gotten high together. if your husband has his heart and mind set to stay clean working with a x-user shouldnt be an issue , unless someone is sitting there saying "yo i got a rock in my pocket meet me in the bathroom" there shouldnt be a problem. temptation is all around , strenghth and will power (which alot of people take for granted in certain situations) will become 2 of the most powerful words your husband will ever need , know and use on a regular basis. trust that your husband will be fine but never let your guard down and always watch for signs of using again. goodluck

I am the author of my life and unfortunatly im writting in pen and cant erase my errors

SAVE A LIFE DONT DRINK AND DRIVE

Justice is only served when the one whom injustice was done to is satisfied

Last edited by barbie16118; 07-10-2008 at 09:49 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to barbie16118 For This Useful Post:
TNgirlie (07-10-2008)
Old 07-10-2008, 04:43 PM
Donation Award 

I doesn't matter if the drug is 30 feet or 30 miles away. If they want it, they will have it.

Likewise, if they don't want to use again, it's just one more right decision away not to use again.

This could be a great teaching for your husband, being around ex-addicts not working a program. I would suggest he attend Al-Anon meetings along with his regular meetings. Al-Anon is for anyone affected by addiction, and working with ex-addicts qualifies your husband.

It also qualifies you. **hint**

JJT
The Following User Says Thank You to JJT For This Useful Post:
TNgirlie (07-14-2008)