Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ILLINOIS > Illinois General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Illinois General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Illinois that do not fit into any other Illinois sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 04-29-2018, 05:47 PM

Angry Good time release in Illinois?

my boyfriend is in vandalia correctional center an about 2 or 3 weeks ago they had told them that good time release was back an could start happening in about 2 weeks well didn't happen so now they are back peddling an telling us it on hold now but it still could happen anytime. i have called places an got really no answers, an just around the first of this week my boyfriend got moved to another dorm an got a new counselor an now she says it could be the middle of may ??
so confused !!! can anyone help us???
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2018, 10:43 AM

How much time does he have left?

Old 05-01-2018, 10:30 AM

sorry it took me so long to reply i'm new to all this an can't find anything . he has 90 days left until his parole date of july 30 2018, but he spent 21 days in mclean county jail an an i don't know how they credit that works either. thank you for replying im so lost
Old 05-23-2018, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyfoxworthy View Post
my boyfriend is in vandalia correctional center an about 2 or 3 weeks ago they had told them that good time release was back an could start happening in about 2 weeks well didn't happen so now they are back peddling an telling us it on hold now but it still could happen anytime. i have called places an got really no answers, an just around the first of this week my boyfriend got moved to another dorm an got a new counselor an now she says it could be the middle of may ??
so confused !!! can anyone help us???
Have you heard anything new? My husband is also in Vandalia, he is scheduled to be released in July and we have been waiting on this supposedly good time.... Iíve called Springfield they said the paperwork for good time has been sent and Vandalia is still saying they are waiting for it to hit their desks and it will take 10 days for all paperwork to be final. Remind you we have been hearing this since March!!! I think itís all a joke, just release them already damn!
Old 05-23-2018, 02:19 PM

It was suppose to be in May. it is at the wardens discretion as to whom gets it. he can hand down anywhere between 90 and 180 days. As of now I haven't heard of anyone getting it yet. so as usual, it's a sit and wait game.

Old 05-24-2018, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy&Me View Post
It was suppose to be in May. it is at the wardens discretion as to whom gets it. he can hand down anywhere between 90 and 180 days. As of now I haven't heard of anyone getting it yet. so as usual, it's a sit and wait game.
I called Springfield once again yesterday, now the last is saying that they arenít sure when the extra good time will be released that itís all up to the state and when they want to release it and as of now she hasnít heard anything.
Old 05-27-2018, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffyj16 View Post
I called Springfield once again yesterday, now the last is saying that they arenít sure when the extra good time will be released that itís all up to the state and when they want to release it and as of now she hasnít heard anything.
Sorry I haven't gotten back with any one on this but I called transfer cordenators office an they keep telling me that it's still on hold this is crazy it's not right to tell them it's their an then it's not I'm going to try again to get ahold of his counselor Tuesday maybe I can get some answers. Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts and helping as much as you can