Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 07-21-2019, 09:44 AM

Default Something going on at FCI El Reno Camp? Haven't heard from him for 5 days!

My husband is at FCI El Reno, at the camp. I havenít heard from him in 5 days. Iím worried sick, as we email multiple times a day and usually talk on the phone once a day or every other day. I feel like Iíve gone through every avenue to figure out whatís going on but Iím not getting any answers. Weíve been married for almost 11 years, so this isnít something Iíd consider normal. Heís been at El Reno for about a year and a half and to date, thereís been no issues and certainly anything like this has happened. Heís never been in trouble since being there, and heís scheduled to be released at the end of the year. Please help calm me down with advice or anything else I can do. If you have a loved one there, is there something going on I could be unaware of? Iím in Houston, over 7 hours away...but Iím prepared to go up there on Thursday for Friday visitation if I donít hear anything by then.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2019, 09:57 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,343 Times in 16,286 Posts

I can't answer your question, but do want to welcome you to PTO Have you checked to see if visitation has been cancelled? If so, it may mean the camp is on lockdown. I hope you hear from him soon! Please update and let us know everything is ok.

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 07-21-2019, 10:12 AM

Last I checked, visitation had not been cancelled. That’s one of the reasons I’m worried. I put money in his commissary account just in case, but his brother told me that he put money in there as well, so this isn’t an issue of him not being able to contact me for that reason. I was in a car accident Thursday and there’s just no way he wouldn’t contact me knowing that. I don’t know anyone who has a loved one there but was hoping maybe someone on the forum does and could talk me down. I’m making a big move to Florida in 2 weeks to be where my family is, where he will be sent at the end of the year also, and I feel like I can’t leave Houston without answers. I don’t even know how I could go another 2 weeks without answers either.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boymom83 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (07-21-2019), patchouli (07-21-2019)
Old 07-21-2019, 03:39 PM

He could be in SHU.
Old 07-21-2019, 07:25 PM

That possibility has crossed my mind. I’m actually writing him a letter right now in case that’s what has happened. I just didn’t think he would do something or be involved in something when he knew he would have these last 2 weeks before I move to see me before he finally leaves at the end of the year. He’s never been to the SHU and from what little I do know, I believe it’s over in the medium security prison and not at the camp where he is.
Old 07-21-2019, 08:58 PM

Hi, I don’t know where exactly El Reno is, I’m from Idaho. However I did read a news piece that on July 15, ICE has started raids in Houston and are housing these people in Local Federal facilities until they can get places set up for them, if that perhaps is at your husbands prison, that might be the cause for no communication. Just a thought

OWL
Old 07-21-2019, 10:37 PM

El Reno is in Oklahoma. I’m the one who is in Houston. I don’t believe that to be the issue. I heard about the stuff going on in Houston though, and it doesn’t surprise me one bit.
The Following User Says Thank You to Boymom83 For This Useful Post:
Itshardtowait (07-21-2019)
Old 07-21-2019, 11:18 PM

I’m sorry, I’ve heard nothing about Oklahoma

OWL
Old 07-22-2019, 09:13 AM

So I called this morning hoping for more info but got none. They said all they can tell me is that they are not on lockdown and that he is housed there, both of which are questions I could have answered myself. He did say that he can have visitors. So I don’t have a clue what’s going on. Any ideas?
Old 07-22-2019, 10:01 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,295 Times in 12,848 Posts

Some prisons have special visiting days for SHU inmates, but not El Reno. However, SHU visits are limited to one hour, and "All visits for inmates that are housed in the SHU will be conducted utilizing the video visiting system".

You might be able to find out if your visit will only be for one hour, which means he is in the SHU. Also ask if you can have additional time since you are coming from far away. Letters to and from the inmate are usually the only way to find out what is going on,
Old 07-22-2019, 11:01 AM

Yeah I asked him about the letter thing and he told me that mail is as normal. If I don’t hear from something from him on Wednesday, then I’m going up there Thursday for visitation on Friday. That’s a good idea to find out about the length of visitation. Thank you for the advice!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boymom83 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (07-22-2019), patchouli (07-22-2019)
Old 07-25-2019, 06:03 AM

So I just got this email...any ideas on what it means? Other then the obvious, he can’t email me. I’m leaving today to go up there.

This is a system generated message informing you the above mentioned federal inmate temporarily does not have access to messaging. You will receive notification when they are again eligible for messaging.
Este es un sistema generado mensaje que le informa al interno mencionado federales temporalmente no tiene acceso a la mensajer?a. Usted recibir? una notificaci?n cuando son de nuevo objeto de mensajer?a
Old 07-25-2019, 06:16 AM
Site Moderator

Donation Award 

It could mean he's in the SHU, or he has temporarily lost phone & email access as a lesser punishment for a conduct violation. My bet would be on the SHU, no emails and only one short phone call every month.
Old 07-25-2019, 08:15 AM

When I called they said regular visitation. So not sure...those are the 2 possibilities I have come to. I’m on my way up there as we speak.
fbopnomore (07-25-2019)
Old 07-25-2019, 07:29 PM

So, I finally got a call. Just so happen to be right as I was pulling into the hotel I’m staying at. He is in the shu, and it was supposed to be for seven days. Which would’ve been Tuesday, but they only do releases on Thursdays. For some reason he wasn’t on the list today, even after reminding the guard. Apparently what happened was that he did not go to his volunteer job because his actual work kept him there doing inventory. So I guess the lady at his volunteer job called and complained, and then he got written up. His punishment was seven days in the shu and they took away his email for 30 days. So I won’t be going to the camp to visit tomorrow, I’ll be going to the prison. Any suggestions that could help me along the way? Idk what to expect because I’ve never been to the prison. I can’t remember whether it’s low or medium.
fbopnomore (07-26-2019)
Old 07-26-2019, 04:33 PM
Site Moderator

Donation Award 

Be sure to read the FCI El Reno visitor's rules. If he has been released from the SHU by the time you actually visit, the regular rules will apply. If not, the one hour TV visit rules will. It always is a good idea to have a change of clothes readily available in case a CO doesn't like what you are wearing.
https://www.bop.gov/locations/instit...ting101917.pdf
Old 07-28-2019, 08:17 PM

Got in to see him. The people who gave him his incident report told him that he was supposed to be on the kickout list for Thursday, but wasn’t. So we’re hopeful he will be on the list for this week. Thank you for the advice!
fbopnomore (07-29-2019)