Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MASSACHUSETTS > Massachusetts Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Massachusetts Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Massachusetts.

Old 04-12-2008, 03:02 PM

Default Wife Just Went to MCI Framingham - Help

My wife has been in MCI Framingham since 4/11. She is serving 120 days for 2 DUIs. The few calls that I made to the MCI administration regarding phone use, mail, etc. sounded positive and were helpful. During my conversation with my wife, she told me that she can earn early release by attending classes and other programs, although it is not clear how this works. Does anybody have details regarding this process, such as days earned off of her sentence for class hours (assuming it works that way)? Also, as soon as she arrived there they confiscated all of her prescription meds that she takes for depression. She is in real trouble without them. Is this standard practice? I will contact her lawyer on Monday morning regarding this situation. Any comments or advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2008, 03:17 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 6,544 Times in 3,575 Posts

Welcome to PTO, badgerboy! I don't have any information for you concerning your questions, but hopefully someone will come along who will. Also, be sure to check out the Wives and Girlfriends forum. There a bunch of great guys in that forum that I'm sure you will enjoy meeting.

"To thine own self be true" - William Shakespeare

He's home!!!!
Old 04-14-2008, 12:48 PM

Badgerboy.. have you tried calling framingham and speaking with her counslor /case worker/ or call the infimary? re: meds.. / or try framinghams' mental health.. unit..

good luck.. and i am hoping this passe's quickly for you and your family.. also not sure on how that works.. in framingham.. now, re: work/classe's time off ..

FYI>>>> look into her being transferred to maris center in salisbury mass.. ask lawyer to look into and advocate.. it's a step down.. BIG time re: jail/treatment / and dui .. offenses. okay good luck

Old 07-13-2008, 07:48 AM
Mommy in May<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerboy View Post
My wife has been in MCI Framingham since 4/11. She is serving 120 days for 2 DUIs. The few calls that I made to the MCI administration regarding phone use, mail, etc. sounded positive and were helpful. During my conversation with my wife, she told me that she can earn early release by attending classes and other programs, although it is not clear how this works. Does anybody have details regarding this process, such as days earned off of her sentence for class hours (assuming it works that way)? Also, as soon as she arrived there they confiscated all of her prescription meds that she takes for depression. She is in real trouble without them. Is this standard practice? I will contact her lawyer on Monday morning regarding this situation. Any comments or advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
My sister is currently in MCI Framingham, and it's not a secret how they work to any of my family. She participates in parenting classes, church and whatever else she can. The workshops that they give you do give good time, I believe, but don't quote me on that! I know in BHOC, you get 12 days a month good time.
About her meds, they have a place where inmates can go and take their meds everyday. My sister is on depression meds too, and we usually talk on the phone before she goes to take them.

Good luck with your wife!
The Following User Says Thank You to SaraBaby For This Useful Post:
david5512 (07-18-2019)
Old 07-12-2012, 04:01 AM

The most good time she can get is 7 and a half days per month. She could get 2and a half day for a job, 2and a half if she signs up to parenting class or some other class and 2 and a half for ged, computer class or education of some sort. I did almost 3 yrs and know she needs to ask around but usually she can go to rec during her movement and sign up there for all 3. Hope this helps good luck
Old 08-13-2012, 02:46 PM

My neice got 6 to 9, she was sentenced on Aug 10, 2012......any words or help I can give her or share with her what to do to make it pass quickly, get out quicker, protect herself? Thanks so much for your time
Old 11-19-2013, 12:55 PM

Yes, they can get good time but not for all classes. She can ask her CPO but submitting a slip. As for the medications, usually it isnt a problem unless they are sought after medications. During intake they would do an assestment for mental health then a bridge order to get medications if they deem apprpriote. Prision is a hard place to have any MH issues. Honestly, you have more support if you have major MH illness rather than depression. (That used to be the practice but it changes so, ask for MH and see what they say.)
Old 07-18-2019, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonlady View Post
My neice got 6 to 9, she was sentenced on Aug 10, 2012......any words or help I can give her or share with her what to do to make it pass quickly, get out quicker, protect herself? Thanks so much for your time
Hope she's okay. I am new here but I hope she's done well or out by now.