Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison & the Criminal Justice System that do not fit into any other Federal sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 07-26-2018, 11:36 AM

Default Irony: Plaintiff assigned same judge in Civil Court that I had as Defendant

I went through this whole process from 2012 and it finally ended after I got off paper in 2017. This whole time I was assigned to Judge C. and he sentenced me originally and also on a SR violation.

Now fast forward to this week. My wife and I had a legal issue with our mortgage company (nothing illegal with me - a civil matter). They were taking payments, then waiting up to two weeks to post them. And they reported the payment late. This caused derogatory credit reporting and as a result a few of our business credit lines were closed or reduced. So I got with a lawyer, got him all the paperwork. He took four months to investigate and draw up a plan. He accepted the case on a contingency basis. The case was filed in US District Court. The same courthouse I went through in 2012 and 2016.

And guess who the assigned judge is?

Judge C.

It will be nice to be on the plaintiff side of his courtroom...

Last edited by ttexrbomb; 07-26-2018 at 11:38 AM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ttexrbomb For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (07-26-2018), His_Queen13 (07-28-2018), Sarianna (07-26-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2018, 11:42 AM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,976 Times in 1,742 Posts

Ahhhh.....as the wheel turns! I've been on both sides of some court rooms. Defendant, family court, plaintiff. It's interesting (if not a bit terrifying) to see how the "justice" system works from several angles.

Best of luck to you in getting your situation straightened out.
fbopnomore (07-26-2018), Sarianna (07-26-2018)