Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison & the Criminal Justice System that do not fit into any other Federal sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

View Poll Results: How many current members are affected by the Federal Prison System
Affected in some way by the Federal Prison System 2,074 97.88%
Not affected by the Federal Prison System 45 2.12%
Voters: 2119. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-29-2005, 05:04 PM
Donation Award 

My guy is serving a concurrent state and federal sentence. Right now he is in a South Carolina state prison. I would like for him to get parolled into the federal system if possible.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2005, 07:05 PM

They got my Bay for another three years. Three down and a little more than 3 left.
Old 01-30-2005, 07:07 PM

I really feel for all of you out there. I am getting ready to serve a five month sentence, and my boyfriend is already served 7 months of a 37 month sentence. Don't know how this will all end for the both of us, but I pray that we can get through this and work on building our relationship. Good luck to all of you out there waiting on a loved one. My philosophy is whatever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.
Old 01-30-2005, 10:04 PM

My Fiancee is in Fed prison, can't wait until his release this year. keep looking for that right woman. She's out there somewhere. Lots of luck!
Old 01-31-2005, 12:12 AM

McKean FCI has my man till 11-09. There is a possibility the new rulings will bring him home a couple years sooner though!
Old 02-01-2005, 03:28 PM

Have to ask. Dan, how is it you are on line and posting?! Thought computers were off limits in federal facilities.

wjr557

BTW Federal all the way. Sitting and waiting til they say, "Time's up! Go home!" :-)
Old 02-01-2005, 05:36 PM
Donation Award 

Where do you see Dan? {scratching head}
Old 02-04-2005, 03:17 AM
Mom of federal prisoner

count me too - son's in for 15 years (drug conspiracy)
god bless us every one
mary
bluemama
Old 02-09-2005, 11:45 AM

The Love of My Life is in a federal prison in Alabama. He has been there way too long! I feel that he has paid the penalty for his crime. However the Federal Government doesn't think so. He was only 19 when he committed his crime and admits that he made some very bad choices. He was not a violent or habitual offender. He just refused to be a snitch. He WILL get out and when he does, I will welcome him with a loving heart and open arms! The leaders of our Federal Judicial System will be judged by God for the injustices that they have caused in the lives of all inmates and their families.
Old 02-11-2005, 04:25 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyJFL
The Love of My Life is in a federal prison in Alabama. He has been there way too long! I feel that he has paid the penalty for his crime. However the Federal Government doesn't think so. He was only 19 when he committed his crime and admits that he made some very bad choices. He was not a violent or habitual offender. He just refused to be a snitch. He WILL get out and when he does, I will welcome him with a loving heart and open arms! The leaders of our Federal Judicial System will be judged by God for the injustices that they have caused in the lives of all inmates and their families.

Welcome to PTO!

Another reason to support the efforts of FedCURE to reinstate federal parole! One day...we'll get them back!
Old 02-18-2005, 01:01 AM
wandering into the sunset

Default self-reporting on the Ides of March

Hi all,
I have to turn myself in at Danbury FCI on March 15, 2005 (the Ides of March). It seems like kind an odd day to have to go, especially since I was sentenced for a political protest! And... if I'm stuck in the SHU, I hope that I am out on the very next day because it is not nice to wear orange on St. Patrick's Day!

I will be at Danbury for six months. This is my second time there for protesting. I have no doubts or second thoughts about the activities in which I engaged that resulted in my becoming acquainted with BOP. So I can't really complain about my sentences. I do think, however, that the majority of the people in the camp probably could have been sentenced to probation and community service as they didn't strike me as being menaces to society. Plus it would be a heck of lot less draining on the (badly unbalanced) federal budget.
alice
Old 02-18-2005, 01:19 AM

B**H is a much greater menace to society than many of those incarcerated and I wouldn't even do meowmachine the dishonour to compare her to him. She peacefully protests torture, B**H goes to war to promote it!
Old 02-19-2005, 09:27 AM
"John Dee's 'lil' Wifey"

John just signed for 10 years this week going to be a long and trying road but we will make it Good luck to everyone
2012 Club Member #14!

Old 02-26-2005, 06:34 AM
Donation Award 

It will be a long and trying road...but you both can do it!
Old 02-27-2005, 04:13 PM
Donation Award 

Hey ya'll!

If you haven't yet seen FedCURE's action alert for email addresses to work towards the introduction of the New Federal Parole bill to be introduced...please check it out!

We need to show up in volumes to make this have a chance!

{From FedCURE}

FedCURE is responding to the many of you who have contacted us this past year asking what you can do to help get the bill to Revive the System of Parole for Federal Prisoners (H.R. 4036) passed into law. What we need right now! Is for all of you to help build our contact database.

Please send to: FedCURE@FedCURE.org as many names and e-mail addresses of people you know that we can contact during FedCURE's upcoming campaign to pass the bill to Revive the System of Parole for Federal Prisoners into law.

Originally, H.R. 4036 was introduced to the 108th Congress on 25 March 2004, by U.S. Rep. Danny Davis (D) of Illinois. It died in committee with the outgoing of the 108th Congress. Since the bill's introduction FedCURE established a two phase campaign and has been advocating heavily in favor of this legislation. Phase I: Public awareness and fundraising. During this time, FedCURE had its convention, this past June, in Washington, DC, where FedCURE's Executive Committee, Rep. Danny Davis and his point persons on legislative affairs, made amendments to H.R. 4036 and the bill was sent to the legislative counsel for rewrite.

Subsequently, FedCURE made further amendments and during January and February 2005 finalized the amendment process. As of this date a discussion draft has been issued by the house legislative counsel covering all of these amendments and we are in the final scoring up process. FedCURE will publish the final version upon completion. You all will be very pleased!

We are now gearing up for Phase II of the campaign: Very soon, Rep. Davis and his co-sponsors, will be resubmitting the bill to the new 109th Congress; and FedCURE will mount a full scale campaign to the community urging them to contact congressional members to support this legislation. In preparation thereof, we are requesting our membership and friends to help build our contact database. The more names and e-mail addresses you send in, the larger the contact database and the more potential for support. This is a community effort. Please help!

Kindly send all names and addresses offlist to: FedCURE@FedCURE.org.
Do not send to the group address.

We need funds to do this work. You can make regular donations to FedCURE at: http://www.fedcure.org/join.shtml and select the 'DONATE" button.

Warmest and Best Regards:

Mark A. Varca, J.D., CIO
FedCURE
P.O. Box 15667
Plantation, Florida 33318-5667
USA
Old 02-27-2005, 08:12 PM

I am wondering, how many co-sponsors do we have on this bill so far ?
Old 03-08-2005, 10:18 AM

my husband is in the federal prison system and is going to get ready to do 6 years in prison for the feds. And i'm waiting for all this to be done so we can get on with our lives!

(stay strong and keep your head up cause were going to make it.)
Old 03-23-2005, 09:25 AM

Of course I'm affected and so our my three kids and my stepdaughter! They lost their daddy over a stupid gun grant, we live in OK for crying out loud,everyone carries a gun or hunts or something.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:41 AM
Account Closed

Default We've been down 18 years with only 352 days left!!!

My fiancé started off in Texas Department of Corrections for 11 years. Then was transferred to the USP in Terre Haute, In. in 1999. He's been bumped to and fro across the upper Midwest area as his points drop down. I know the BOP very well! I wish I could tell you younger timers that life gets easier to handle and you will eventually get used to being alone in your house. But that to me would be a lie. I've been doing this time with Randy since I was 15 years old, I learned young what this life meant. The one thing that has pulled me through some of my darkest days and nights was my trust and belief in God. Mind you, I just found out about this website about a month ago. Until last month, I have been all alone doing this time with Randy. But now, I have a group of women that have become good friends to me. For that I am eternally grateful for! I believe that me finding this site was not by mistake! God has a purpose and a plan for everyone! I have been a listening ear, a shoulder to cry on, and a cheerleading section for my PTO chat buddies. And in return they have been a shoulder for me to lean on too. Thank you very much for creating this website! Thank you all who come here and leave encouraging words. This site has been more of a help to me than you will probably ever know! See you in the chat room! :love:
Old 03-24-2005, 11:29 PM

Default Still no time yet.

We're still waiting for a sentencing date and it's been 8 mos. since he's been in. I just pray that we get one soon and it goes as well as expected.
Old 03-25-2005, 10:24 PM

My boyfriend was sentenced to 156 months in December with an alternative sentence of 120 months if the guidelines were ruled unconstitutional. Thank God they were, now getting the BOP to recognize this may pose a bit of a challenge. Is anyone aware of any set rules dealing with when the Feds pick up a case vs. the state? I have some ideas, but can't find anything concrete. Or is it like almost everything else with the feds...they pick and choose and do what they like?
Old 03-29-2005, 06:12 PM

i was there and, and have friends there. some will never see the street again. i pray for them, and those who will find themselves released at some point. your support for those behind the walls is a gift you give that you will never know the measure of.

freedave05
Old 04-16-2005, 02:08 AM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,760 Times in 1,586 Posts

Dave, glad you are free... I walked out Sept 01.. It was an experience I will always remember. For worse and for better...
Old 04-16-2005, 01:08 PM

Default Count me in

Federal system has affected me and my son. definately. And my husband.
Old 04-16-2005, 10:09 PM

hello all I have my man in federal system he is in Terre Haute and has life we will be married soon I hope? and as for you dan your more then welcome to have us as friends you will find somone when you get home if not before. Does anyone have somone in Terre Haute? My David is the love of my life and I can't imagine life without him, but it is hard for me somtimes.