Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Prison & Jail Specific Discussions > Michigan Region I - West Prisons and Camps
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan Region I - West Prisons and Camps Topics & discussion specific to these facilities: Alger Maximum CF, Baraga Maximum CF & Level I, Camp Cusino, Camp Kitwen, Camp Manistique, Marquette Branch Prisons, Ojibway CF, Camp Ottawa

Old 11-11-2005, 06:49 PM

Default Send Money via Western Union? And Sending money to Ojibway for Camp Ottawa inmates?

Does MDOC accept Western Union into inmates accounts?If so do you just put the facility name.. and inmate name and number.Bubba told me that i need to send any payments to obijway instead of camp ottawa or they will send it back to me.. have no idea when they changed that.Any info would be greatly appreciated.. thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2005, 07:21 PM
Satisfied

No Western Union... sorry.

And... I dunno about Ojibway and Camp Ottawa, but I've always made the money order out to hubby, his number, c/o MDOC and I mail mine to the prison address, but instead of his name, I put BUSINESS OFFICE-PRISONER ACCOUNTS. I find that it gets there faster and he still gets the envelope after it's posted.

I would think that the mail room would be smart enough to route the money orders correctly... even the least competent folks should be able to get that one....

Jenn
Old 11-11-2005, 07:45 PM

Thanks Mrs. Benji~

I was hoping they had started using Western Union... !!I use to send his momey orders in the same envelope with his letters but I guess they have changed it now because Camp Ottawa is part of Objiway.Objiway has always handled their monies but now I need to send it directly to Objiway or it gets sent back....I was hoping to get some money there before our wedding anniversary on tuesday..Oh well he will get it a few days later... ..