Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Texas that do not fit into any other Texas subforum.

Old 05-26-2020, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzyMuffling View Post
Seems like Born has become an expert on this matter w/o having any experience whatsoever. How long have you actually been on this journey? A few months?

I just believe what I see in my guy and will see him through this shit like the last 5+ years and then some. I can join that discussion then with more profound background.

Yes Mizz, I've only been on this journey a few months. But also in that time and in the time before my husband got incarcerated I have been doing my own research regarding the prison system in America and how they're run and how they treat their prisoners. And the thing is, and will always continue to be. Is that most prisoners won't change unless the prison policy itself changes. They need to have some type of prisoner reform to combat recidivism and that right now is not being addressed.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2020, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born View Post
Yes Mizz, I've only been on this journey a few months. But also in that time and in the time before my husband got incarcerated I have been doing my own research regarding the prison system in America and how they're run and how they treat their prisoners. And the thing is, and will always continue to be. Is that most prisoners won't change unless the prison policy itself changes. They need to have some type of prisoner reform to combat recidivism and that right now is not being addressed.
If you read those links I sent you that is a classic example of
Shifts Blame and denial
https://www.truthought.org/go/produc...actics-poster/
and Reckless attitude.
He cant change unless the prison system changes. That is unrealistic thinking too.
https://www.truthought.org/go/wp-con...ers-poster.jpg

But thats ok. When he is sitting in a Hotbox down at the Holliday unit or any other unit ,and its 115 degrees ,and he cant hear because of the fan, and he is eating a Sloppy Joe outta a Johnny sack,
he can think about how its all the systems fault. That will make him feel a whole lot better I bet.

Last edited by russelln61; 05-26-2020 at 07:03 PM..
Old 05-26-2020, 07:10 PM

Quote:
If prison is meant for punishment. It sure as hell isn't working because most people keep going back.
You got that right.
Before they stopped the transfers from county on any given day 50% of the people on the bus were going for probation or Parole violations.
Old 05-27-2020, 02:17 AM
Owned

Thanked 4,599 Times in 2,082 Posts

Quote:
If prison is meant for punishment. It sure as hell isn't working because most people keep going back.
Some people like being punished.

I did not.
LifeTraveler (05-28-2020)