Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Headed to Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Headed to Prison Dedicated to those who are facing incarceration. What to expect; what you can do to prepare; Q&A's; support.

Old 08-01-2018, 11:22 AM

Default Wedding Band - Clarification

One of the items listed as a permitted item is a wedding band. Does anyone know if the band must be metal, or will they allow a rubber wedding band?

I am going to self-surrender in the next 30 days, hopefully, and my wife wanted me to keep my real wedding band at home as it is a little loose. She doesn't want me to lose it as it tends to come off when I'm washing my hands. So, I bought one of those $20 rubber wedding bands which just looks like a dark, gray metal band.

Thoughts? Experience? Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2018, 02:30 PM
Married May 27, 2017!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMaestro View Post
One of the items listed as a permitted item is a wedding band. Does anyone know if the band must be metal, or will they allow a rubber wedding band?

I am going to self-surrender in the next 30 days, hopefully, and my wife wanted me to keep my real wedding band at home as it is a little loose. She doesn't want me to lose it as it tends to come off when I'm washing my hands. So, I bought one of those $20 rubber wedding bands which just looks like a dark, gray metal band.

Thoughts? Experience? Thank you.
Get yourself a cheap stainless steel band. My husband's was $13.

I don't think they'll allow the rubber ones.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Revenwyn For This Useful Post:
ElMaestro (08-02-2018), fbopnomore (08-01-2018)
Old 08-02-2018, 05:06 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 27,812 Times in 14,069 Posts

I believe it has to be metal, no stones and cost under a hundred dollars. (not sure on the amount there but its close)

You could also find a sterling silver band for very cheap.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
ElMaestro (08-02-2018), fbopnomore (08-02-2018), xolady (08-02-2018)
Old 08-02-2018, 11:43 PM

It also says no insignia..
Does that mean it cannot have words engraved inside the band?
Old 08-08-2018, 09:31 PM

I don't know if I'm being overcautious or not but I'm not even going to wear one when I SS in a couple of weeks, I know I'm going to a camp but the less people know about me the better I think. There are those that will ask about me and my life and I'll answer according to how I feel about them, but there are also some schemers out there.
The Following User Says Thank You to FML For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (08-09-2018)
Old 08-08-2018, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FML View Post
I don't know if I'm being overcautious or not but I'm not even going to wear one when I SS in a couple of weeks, I know I'm going to a camp but the less people know about me the better I think. There are those that will ask about me and my life and I'll answer according to how I feel about them, but there are also some schemers out there.
Yep! A lot of guys wear them, but I view it also as just one less thing to worry about losing. My husband doesn't wear one so it wasn't an issue.

I also don't wear mine when I go to visit. Don't want people judging me one way or the other. The less they know about me, the better, or the less likely they are to make wrong assumptions, which unfortunately is very common, even on this site. Of course, I've also had it happen that people have asked me if he's my father!! Lol. I'll take that as a compliment to how young I look as opposed to how old he might look!! Although the reality is that it is probably both!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rockchalk1 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (08-09-2018), FML (08-09-2018)
Old 08-09-2018, 01:06 AM
Married May 27, 2017!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchalk1 View Post
Yep! A lot of guys wear them, but I view it also as just one less thing to worry about losing. My husband doesn't wear one so it wasn't an issue.

I also don't wear mine when I go to visit. Don't want people judging me one way or the other. The less they know about me, the better, or the less likely they are to make wrong assumptions, which unfortunately is very common, even on this site. Of course, I've also had it happen that people have asked me if he's my father!! Lol. I'll take that as a compliment to how young I look as opposed to how old he might look!! Although the reality is that it is probably both!
Well, we both have a ring now and I'm glad for it- some people thought I was his sister.

The Following User Says Thank You to Revenwyn For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (08-09-2018)