Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NORTH CAROLINA > North Carolina Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

North Carolina Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of North Carolina.

Old 06-27-2011, 01:11 PM

Default Conditions at central prison in North Carolina

Has anyone heard of bad living conditions at central prison? My husband was extradited back to north Carolina from ny for a post release violation and was sent there pending a revocation hearing. Just received mail from him...they have no phones and he tells me he was put in a cell naked and has to fight off cockroaches all night. The medic came around and made them give him clothes. Why would they do this and what is is with the roaches?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2011, 08:50 AM
Account Closed

Angry I've never heard of such!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsholley View Post
Has anyone heard of bad living conditions at central prison? My husband was extradited back to north Carolina from ny for a post release violation and was sent there pending a revocation hearing. Just received mail from him...they have no phones and he tells me he was put in a cell naked and has to fight off cockroaches all night. The medic came around and made them give him clothes. Why would they do this and what is is with the roaches?

I've never heard of such... Now, if the inmate is in the mental ward, that just may be possible. As far as roaches. This is North Carolina, and the system is FULL of them. The prison system here knows nobody cares for the people locked up... That really burns me up. Your just forgotten about until you hit the streets again. SO SAD!!! I feel your pain though.
I hope you hear from him soon. I do know your allowed a call within a certain time frame to make your loved ones aware of where your at.