Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Old 05-01-2008, 07:45 AM
He's home. Finally.

Default Revocation/tech. violation PAST max. sentence date?

Hubby had 2 yr sentence, served 1 yr, got out with 1 yr on parole. With one month left, he failed a UA and didn't go back for the final report to his PO. It's been so long now it's past his max. sentence date or the date he would have been done with parole or whatever so what happens now?

Technical violation only from what I understand, right? He has no new cases.

I can't find much info on this AT ALL after tons of searching.

Also, who do you call to find out if they have a blue warrant out?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Mrs. Chunk
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2008, 07:57 AM
Corey'sgurl

You should be able to call the county to see if they have blue warrant out. But I know it can take a month or so before the blue warrant is issued. My husband was on probation, and because of technical violations, they put a blue warrant out and arrested him when he went in to report. Let's put it this way, the violations took place 3 or 4 months prior to him being arrested, that is how long it took. Again, I'm not sure if parole would work the same.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:39 AM
here we go again :(
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,336 Times in 612 Posts

from what I understand if they violate their parole when they do get caught, even if it is past their discharge date, they lose all of their street time. Someone will be along to correct me if Im wrong
Old 05-01-2008, 09:21 AM

Thanked 4,963 Times in 2,974 Posts

If they did not issue an arrest warrant then his time did not stop.

Do not ask me to explain how this but there was a lady from Florida here recently whose husband had gone on parole in Texas and immediately skipped to Florida. Years later he was picked up on warrant in Florida and returned to Texas. This was after his max date. He stayed locked up for a little while but they eventually set him free saying that his sentence was done. Don't ask me to explain it bacause I can't. I would have thought that they could have kept him for all of his parole period.