Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New York General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in New York that do not fit into any other New York sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 01-01-2007, 07:02 PM

Wink Age aint nothing but a number

Hey ladies? I was wondering do any of you date a much older guy than your age? Im just curious cuz I want to know your opinion about it. I am 25 years old and my man is 51. I know age aint nothing but a number but some people think that its not cool 4 me 2 be wit a guy that old. I would appreciate the responses.
Old 01-01-2007, 07:07 PM
HE IS THE LOVE OF MY LIFE
Donation Award 

Default It's Not About The Age!

It's about how you feel about him. If you are happy with him and the relationship, then it should not matter how or what anyone else thinks. Just my

Old 01-01-2007, 07:26 PM

I agree it is between you and him, no one else.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:05 AM
Faith..Hope..Love..
Donation Award 

Actually, my husband is 7 years younger than me. You have to do what makes you happy. Good luck to you.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:58 AM
MrsT
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,763 Times in 868 Posts

If it isn't age for 'em to talk about; it'd be somethin' else. It's just gossip and assumption material for them to chew on. If they're talking about you, at least they're giving me a break!

Seriously, that's between the two of you.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:15 AM
Not active-find *********

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,372 Times in 3,006 Posts
Default hey if you any 29 year olds

I am game to be called a cougar! (I'm 55)-it doesn't matter-what you two have is what matters.

When I was lost--I found PTO. Thank you everyone.

"Pay it forward."
Old 01-03-2007, 11:20 AM
Donation Award 

My husband is 11 years older then me, but it makes no difference in our relationship. We are completely happy and content in what we share. I think the people that will talk about the age difference will be the people that will find anything to pick your relationship apart. If your happy do you.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:38 AM
Banned

While I don't think age is a big issue in relationships (I am a few years older then my man) - I have recently watched something very interesting unfold before my very eyes.

There was a woman who at 27 married a 59 year old man. He died at 92. She never had any children of her own and his kids are older then her. His kids always resented her, and after he died, she has had no contact with them. She saw him through his last days, an exhausting task that took over the last 3 years of her life.

She is now 60ish - a time when she should be relaxing with her partner, playing with grandchildren, and enjoying travelling. She can't do any of those things. She is alone, tired, and terribly frightened about spending her golden years without some one, and then ultimately having to die in a nursing home, alone. I feel sorry for her, but she is now a very angry woman, bitter and spiteful, unpleasent to be around.

So while I think age ain't nothing but a number, sometimes the age difference can be so great that it will ultimately leave one partner without.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:13 PM

I Agree With All Of You. But Longhaul I Feel Bad For That Woman Also. But The Only Difference Between Me And That Woman Is That I Wouldnt Be Alone When My Man Dies. It Aint Promised That He Will Die Before Me Anyways. What If I Die Before Him You Know? Anyways I Do Appreciate The Comments Tho.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:36 PM

My husband is ten years older than me, my sister-in-law is 6 years older than my brother, my dad was 6 years older than my mom. All are happy and age didn't seem to be an issue for them. Some other people had comments to make, but I agree with the posts above. When you love someone, it doesn't matter if there is an age difference.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:33 PM
MrsT
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,763 Times in 868 Posts

Quote:
but she is now a very angry woman, bitter and spiteful, unpleasent to be around.
No disrespect intended to the woman; but who or what made her angry.. Is it solely the fact the stepchildren resented her and now no contact, and it never worked out to where she had a child with him...

ooooookay...

There are ways of filling one's life with other missions if one option fails. Becoming bitter and angry (or not) is a personal choice.

No belittlement or downplaying intended. It is sad to watch someone become like this.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:15 PM
LOVE U DADDY ALWAY!

It's what's in the heart that matters. I agreee age IS NOTHING BUT A NUMBER ######..... PEACE AND BE HAPPY

Hold fast to dreams,

for if dreams die,

life is a broken winged
bird that cannot fly.
-Langston Hughes
Old 01-04-2007, 10:39 PM
Banned

Ive Always Dated Older Men Actually I Perferred To (when I Was Single) I Enjoyed Them But.... They Would At Times Become Insecure (because I Was Younger Same Age As Some Of Theyre Children) They Had Aproblem With Some Issues But Hey That Can Be Any Relationship
My Man Is 5 Years Older Than Me
I Do Know
Do What Makes You Happy
Old 01-22-2007, 04:32 PM

I'm 21 and he's 28, so we got 7 years between us, but more love than I could ever imagine!
Old 01-22-2007, 04:50 PM
Miracles Happen!

Default Age Difference

Girl, people say the same to me: It's not right. who cares? What really matters is the love u feel 4 ea. other. My guy is YOUNGER but no other men make me feel the way he does. This is MAGIC. Enjoy and remember "people will always talk". LOVE, LIVE AND LAUGH!
Old 01-22-2007, 05:59 PM
Only the strong survive

Age is only a number, when I was born many moons ago my mother was 22 years old and my father was 52. When they separated it wasn't becuase of the age it was only becuase they always were fighting. My mother was a beautiful woman when she was young and my father was always jealous of her, but ultimately when he was dying or when he died she was there, that was at the tender age of 96 so you can imagine her age.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:08 PM
Donation Award 

Default true

I like to say the heart knows no age
Old 02-23-2007, 08:05 AM
Banned

Default Age ain't nothing but a number but for me there was a hassel

Hey. My current fiance is 30 and i am 23 so that makes him 7 years older than me. My exhusband is currently 34 (Jan '07) and he is 10 years and 8 months older than me. He was horrible and treated me like crap. I met and started dating him when i was 16 and he was 27 and he used that age s**t to his advantage.

I also dated a 32 year old when i was 15 so he was 17 years older than me. He had just came home from jail. Needless to say that went nowhere quickly.

The oldest age difference was when i was 21 i was briefly kicking it with this 40 year old, but he really thought he was my father and that ended after about 10 days because he kept telling me my experiences were not equivalent to his and would shut me down instantly. I met him after the abusive relationship of me with my exhusband, and was in no place to go dealing with someone else that made me feel inferior.

So, so far it is going cool with me and my current fiance and the age difference is only brought up by me when i feel my particular inexperience comes into play. He always says it is not an age thing just an experience thing. But i have a thing for older dudes but i would try to keep it (meaning if it doesn't work out with my fiance -which it will -but just saying) between 28 and 33. I think that is perfect right there.

If your relationship with your 51 year old man is working out then it doesn't matter. My friend Danni from school her parents were like 20 years apart or like 22 years apart and they have been happily married for over 25 years and are the proud grandparents of like 3-4 kids (i forgot how many her brother has but she has 1) so it can work out. good luck to you and don't let people knock you down with their thoughts and opinions. I never did.

My friend J has this saying (cause she likes younger dudes and i like older dudes) and it goes like this:

She likes her men half-way out the womb and i like mine half-way in the grave! (she is dead wrong!)

Last edited by lovinkiah; 02-23-2007 at 08:07 AM..
Old 03-02-2007, 09:53 PM
Banned

IT WOULDNT BE SUCH AN ISSUE IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN. LOOK AT IT THIS WAY YUKNOWHES MATURE ENOUGH DO WHAT MAKESYOU HAPPY
SO... DOES HE HAVE THE STAMINA OF A 21 YEAR OLD?????? LOLLOL LOL
JUST WANTED TO MAKE U LAUGH
GIRL DONT SLEEP ON OLDER MEN AND THEY ARE FREAKY LOL LOL LOL
TAKE CARE LOVE SMOOCHES!!!!!ooooooooooooooooxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 03-02-2007, 09:54 PM
Banned

Lovinkiah
Girl U R Crazy
Old 03-07-2007, 03:20 PM
---------------
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,489 Times in 3,829 Posts

My father was 20 years older than my mom. If cancer hadn't taken him from her in '82, they'd still be happily married. When my mom re-married, it was to a man 14 years younger than her. So I guess that she's seen both extremes. I've never had that much age difference between me and any man, but I did learn alot about it by witnessing my mother's love of her husbands. Age IS nothin' but a number.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:42 AM

People say the same things about my husband and me. We're 28 years apart (I'm 22 and he's 50.) His daughter is 21 and his son is 19 and people always tease us about that. They always think that it's "wrong" and that I'm some spoiled little gold digger and he's the sugar daddy. If that were true then why would I be working 2 jobs to support him while he's locked up for 10 years? Just ignore them. As long as you're happy that's all that matters!
Old 01-16-2008, 07:48 AM

I have 2 comments to make on this issue...firstly, I dated someone 12 years older than me, and I copped alot of crap about that, but I stuck with the guy. Long story short, it didnt work out, he felt he had the right to make me feel inferior, and that he could order me around.
But then, I see my Mum and my Step-Dad, who are 10 years apart in age, and who seem to love each other more and more every day. They are devoted to each other, and we as their children are lucky to have them as role models.
So my opinion is that age is relative, its not important. What matters is personality and character. The guy I dated probably would have treated me like crap regardless of his age, that was just his personality and character. Whereas my dad is a gentle, caring person who has great respect for my mother and women in general...that is his personality and character.
So just do what feels right to you, age is not something that should decide a relationship - age is not a feeling, nor is it anyone elses business.