Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Coming Home
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Coming Home Dedicated to discussions about our loved ones that are coming home soon. Discussions here should not fit any other category.

Old 05-20-2005, 02:13 PM

Question Going to the hole by choice before release?

J has told me many times that a couple weeks before his release date he is gonna go to the hole and stay until the release date. Mainly so that no one can cause any problems. I hate when he is in the hole, beent there two times.

Has anyones loved one done this? How long did they stay?

ONE

HE'S HOME!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2005, 02:17 PM
waiting for my heart

1 day. I have heard of them doing that. Some of the other prisoners and the c/o can try and cause problems for someone who is almost out. If it is not known that he is going home then he may slide till the end. But if it is well known then he may have to pc. They just want to stay out of trouble. Good luck
Old 05-20-2005, 02:25 PM
Closed

no! i have not heard of this...BUT...it does make sense iff you think about it. he just wants to avoid any confrontation, plus it might give him time to reflect on his homecoming. what are your concerns on it? love ya, emm
Old 05-20-2005, 02:35 PM

When he was in the hole in the past he lost SOOO much weight and he was depressed. He should be happy knowing he is coming home but being in that small space with no snacks, no outting etc is hard.

I just want it to be over!!!! I am ready and the boys are ready. School is out and J comes home about 12 weeks after school starts back up---so needless to say I am ready for school to start again.

ONE

HE'S HOME!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-20-2005, 03:04 PM

Hmmm I haven't heard of this either...I thought they only went if they got into trouble, but I agree it does make sense! The inmates do try to mess with you if they know you're getting released...HATERS!!
Old 05-20-2005, 03:27 PM
Miss Independent

Brant talks about people who go to the hole by choice all the time. They call it "checking in." I think it's a good idea, because I've heard that the other inmates will sometimes try to start trouble for guys when they're about to leave.

Where Brant is, though, the guys all seem really close to each other. He's always telling me about when guys go home and how happy everyone is for them.

'til he's free
2011 Club Member #4
Old 05-20-2005, 03:53 PM
Fragmented but mending

Have heard of inmates afraid to leave their cell when close to release so they do not get involved in an incident. This sounds like his way of ensuring freedom.

Best of luck - hope he is home soon.
Old 05-20-2005, 03:56 PM
Sweet Tator

My son says the same thing. A bunky of his is going home and they are just playing little pranks on him. They sewed his pants legs together for one. one of the CO's was a helper in the prank. Nothing major. Its a shame all the prisons cant be more humane than they are.
Old 05-20-2005, 08:23 PM

Yeah I've heard of this. As my man slowly gets closer to coming home, he keeps writing in every letter first and foremost that he is staying out of trouble, thank to God. He knows how all them haters can be towards an inmate who is due to get out. They just jealous, but it is tough on our loved ones!!!!
Old 05-20-2005, 08:33 PM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,088 Times in 567 Posts

Oh yes, I have heard of this. This happens alot. The inmates want to ensure they get released without any incidents coming their way. It is one sure way of no problems.

Good luck to you and yours.
May she rest in peace.

~ PTO Administrators and Staff

Old 05-21-2005, 08:47 AM

In GA prisons, I know they put them in lockdown 1 day before they go home. I have seen it happen many times. It is for the inmates security.
Old 05-21-2005, 08:59 AM
Banned

When my husband was being released he did the same thing but it was only for one day. He was so happy to be coming home that he dod not care one way or the other
Old 05-21-2005, 11:02 PM
Missing my Honey

My brother told me that other inmates will cause a problem if they know when you are leaving....he will probably check into the box a few days before his release...He wants no conflicts before he comes home...I dont blame them! Anything to make sure they get out of there with no problems!!
Old 05-25-2005, 10:49 AM
He's home!!!

One, your right about that. My husband said that he was going to do the same thing. He said his dorm is pretty cool and he was sure no one would do something to prevent him from coming home but he said he didn't want to chance it. It will give him time to clear his head, get all of his thought together, pray, etc. I think it is a smart thing to do. God Bless us!!!
Old 05-26-2005, 08:33 AM

My hubby is having a terrible time now that he's so short. No shortage of dummies ready to start trouble. I just keep telling him to PLEASE try and just ignore it all and come home! He's almost done now.

Old 05-31-2005, 12:58 AM
Carmen's Angel

Cool

My fiance' actually just mentioned that a couple of days ago! He has been in the hole 3 times during this bid.....for things that were not his fault and he got blamed for it...but neverthless, he told me he kind of enjoys it in there...it's peaceful he said, you don't have to really worry about anyone else or confrontations in any manner...It does make sense if you think about it...and going before you get out so no one causes you trouble makes even more sense to me!!!! I guess it's all in the way he explains it.
Anyways...don't worry 'bout it, he is coming home soon.

2005 Club Member #37
Old 06-07-2005, 04:14 PM

My Boo has said the same thing. He asked me to send him enough money to purchase food from the canteen so he would not have to go out of his cell. I am worried he has 29 days and have not heard from him since my bday. a little over a week. I am going to stay positive but it is hard when know that people will hate that you are getting out and they are staying in. I pray every night that he be ok and don't let things get to him.
Old 09-11-2018, 10:38 AM

well i can attest to this -- mine had 59 days to go to halfway house and BOOM someone set him up, now hes in the hole, no shots or anything but people can be cruel....
Old 09-11-2018, 01:49 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,352 Times in 11,852 Posts

There are prisoners who are jealous that someone is about to leave. It isn't that unusual, and I know a number of guys who went to the hole in order to avoid trouble on their last days.

I didn't check into the hole, but one thug started a fight with me since, in the bop, everyone who is involved is guilty so he hoped I would lose good time. Two of my friends intervened, and it was over so quickly that the COs never even knew what happened.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:17 AM

How do people know he is getting out? My boyfriend never tells anyone he is getting until breakfast the day he gets out. He goes down gets a tray gives his breakfast away and says goodbye quietly to those he wants to. From what I understand where we are people don’t know or tell outdates. Is he marked and someone got his outdated off the internet for another inmate? It doesn’t sound like the whole story but I am sure he will let you know when e can. Recorded calls suck.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kimimi For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (09-12-2018)
Old 09-12-2018, 11:18 AM
Site Moderator

Donation Award 

Your boyfriend has the right way to leave prison. Not everyone does, so my guess is knowledge that someone is going to leave soon comes from the inmate more often than from the internet.

In federal prisons there are "signs", a drug test, packing out, etc. that can signal an impending move, but they aren't much different from a transfer to a different prison.
Old 09-12-2018, 07:56 PM

As a CO I see guys go to the hole a lot right before they get out. Usually they tell us they fear for their life because they have an outstanding gambling debt that they cannot pay. They go under investigation, we are so backlogged with investigations, by the time we get around to him, he is so close to getting out......he stays till the end.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bikerguy For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (09-13-2018)
Old 09-13-2018, 10:13 AM
Site Moderator

Donation Award 

So true, some "check-ins" are an attempt to avoid the repercussions for something they have done to other prisoners.
Old 09-13-2018, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
So true, some "check-ins" are an attempt to avoid the repercussions for something they have done to other prisoners.

Look I can't complain. If someone wants to go into the hole that means that there will be less issues in a unit. That person gets jumped, he is in the hospital. Unit goes on lockdown now we have 3 people in the hole for assault. And now the original guy who is supposed to get out might be facing more charges and that screws up the release too. That dude might be in the hospital and one unit or the whole prison on lockdown. Group A has beef with group B and we have war. All because one guy can't pay his debt and gets jumped.

By going into the hole all that does not happen. Sure the bookie is out some money...but oh well, not supposed to be gambling anyway.