Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Now That Your Loved One Is Home...
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Now That Your Loved One Is Home... Please share stories about your loved one now they are home.

Old 10-18-2018, 10:04 PM
Finis's Angel of Love

Default Update: he's been home for a month!

**Very Long Post** I have so much to talk about and almost 98% all good J However I am long winded and I know that you all would appreciate “DETAILS”, so I will be posting in sections please be patience. Well everyone he is home YAY!!!! It has been amazing. I first want to apologize for the silence, I have been soooo busy and overwhelmed. He has been home a month now after being in prison for 22 years. He was 20 years old and is now 42. Honestly his transition has been remarkable. I was afraid because of what others have told me about their family and friends and the difficulties they experienced. As well as what I have experienced firsthand with my own family..(jail house talk and being completely different when they were released)
I had never known my husband outside of the Prison Gates. We are MWI and I married him after 1 year in the visitation room at the Prison. We have been married for 7 years. Only brief hugs and kisses, letters and phone calls to sustain our marriage and relationship. People thought I was nuts, in fact I thought maybe I was a little crazy after a while. We all know the things people say about MWI's and it is hard to share the relationship with most people because of the negative energy and doubt from people. Ok enough backstory:

Day1: Released from prison in Douglas AZ. I drove and his parents drove a separate car because they wanted to give us time to spend alone on the 4 hour ride to Phoenix. I got to prison early at 730 the guards told me to come back at 8 am. I am given directions to only have one person out of the vehicle when we pick him up so his parents stayed in car. I walked his release clothes up to the window and they told me it would be about 30 minutes. But it only took 10 minutes before he came walking out with a white box in his hands—all of 22 years’ worth of stuff in a box. We hug and kiss, we are both in shock he is free. We drive off the prison grounds and pull off so his parents and everyone can hug, and cry. Prison personnel stop and give best wishes. We go straight to the DMV and he gets his Drivers License very simple and quick. We head back slowly to Phoenix because his children are waiting at his mothers house and the day is going to get pretty busy. We have to pull off the road and hug and cry. I know this may sound weird but I always told him I cannot wait to see his feet, I was so curious about his feet since I could never see them. He shows me his feet and I was so emotional (this is real). We get to Phoenix around 2pm he sees his children which have always been in his life this whole time. We then head to a Timeshare in Scottsdale and meet tons of family there for the welcome home. He did not want to do any of this but he knew it was for his mother and father and was patient. Finally……We were able to go to our private room at around 8pm. There I had big plans to decorate but my husband was very clingy to me and needed me close by so I couldn’t break away. So I entrusted his stepmom to decorate with my ideas. The room was amazing. He was shocked with the size of the TV. There was candles, incense, a trail of rose petals leading to the King size bed and on the bed spelled out in Rose Petals was the word “SEX”. He arranged to have chocolates there for me. There is A welcome home banner, and more rose petals leading to the tub which was filled with scented water to wash the prison off of him. At this point he could not contain himself and just in case you ladies are worried about being able to please him after a lifetime of him pleasing himself—please don’t. It was amazing and all that I dreamed of. Sadly the first night together we didn’t get any sleep and I was out of commission for a few days due to his hunger (hehe J) I know this will naturally decrease but as for now it is still amazing the passion. Day 2 coming soon…..
BearsLadyBear (10-19-2018), choclgs (10-25-2018), dtmom2013 (10-23-2018), fbopnomore (10-19-2018), jackdact (10-28-2018), JeffsVivian (10-23-2018), LifeTraveler (10-19-2018), lolo21216 (10-19-2018), Lordbew/us (10-24-2018), lovinglife30 (10-20-2018), mazee56 (10-19-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2018, 11:38 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,770 Times in 1,624 Posts

Oh man how wonderful!!!! Amazing! I'm really happy for you!!!
Old 10-19-2018, 03:27 AM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,542 Times in 1,599 Posts

So glad to hear you're loved one is home and you guys are doing well I moved your thread to our Now That You're Loved One is Home-forum

Can't wait to see part 2

Old 10-22-2018, 07:21 PM
Finis's Angel of Love

Default Day 2 of his home coming....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacockvision22 View Post
**Very Long Post** I have so much to talk about and almost 98% all good J However I am long winded and I know that you all would appreciate “DETAILS”, so I will be posting in sections please be patience. Well everyone he is home YAY!!!! It has been amazing. I first want to apologize for the silence, I have been soooo busy and overwhelmed. He has been home a month now after being in prison for 22 years. He was 20 years old and is now 42. Honestly his transition has been remarkable. I was afraid because of what others have told me about their family and friends and the difficulties they experienced. As well as what I have experienced firsthand with my own family..(jail house talk and being completely different when they were released)
I had never known my husband outside of the Prison Gates. We are MWI and I married him after 1 year in the visitation room at the Prison. We have been married for 7 years. Only brief hugs and kisses, letters and phone calls to sustain our marriage and relationship. People thought I was nuts, in fact I thought maybe I was a little crazy after a while. We all know the things people say about MWI's and it is hard to share the relationship with most people because of the negative energy and doubt from people. Ok enough backstory:

Day1: Released from prison in Douglas AZ. I drove and his parents drove a separate car because they wanted to give us time to spend alone on the 4 hour ride to Phoenix. I got to prison early at 730 the guards told me to come back at 8 am. I am given directions to only have one person out of the vehicle when we pick him up so his parents stayed in car. I walked his release clothes up to the window and they told me it would be about 30 minutes. But it only took 10 minutes before he came walking out with a white box in his hands—all of 22 years’ worth of stuff in a box. We hug and kiss, we are both in shock he is free. We drive off the prison grounds and pull off so his parents and everyone can hug, and cry. Prison personnel stop and give best wishes. We go straight to the DMV and he gets his Drivers License very simple and quick. We head back slowly to Phoenix because his children are waiting at his mothers house and the day is going to get pretty busy. We have to pull off the road and hug and cry. I know this may sound weird but I always told him I cannot wait to see his feet, I was so curious about his feet since I could never see them. He shows me his feet and I was so emotional (this is real). We get to Phoenix around 2pm he sees his children which have always been in his life this whole time. We then head to a Timeshare in Scottsdale and meet tons of family there for the welcome home. He did not want to do any of this but he knew it was for his mother and father and was patient. Finally……We were able to go to our private room at around 8pm. There I had big plans to decorate but my husband was very clingy to me and needed me close by so I couldn’t break away. So I entrusted his stepmom to decorate with my ideas. The room was amazing. He was shocked with the size of the TV. There was candles, incense, a trail of rose petals leading to the King size bed and on the bed spelled out in Rose Petals was the word “SEX”. He arranged to have chocolates there for me. There is A welcome home banner, and more rose petals leading to the tub which was filled with scented water to wash the prison off of him. At this point he could not contain himself and just in case you ladies are worried about being able to please him after a lifetime of him pleasing himself—please don’t. It was amazing and all that I dreamed of. Sadly the first night together we didn’t get any sleep and I was out of commission for a few days due to his hunger (hehe J) I know this will naturally decrease but as for now it is still amazing the passion. Day 2 coming soon…..
My husband being home is truly strange as I just can't really believe he is here in the same space as I am. Sometimes at night I just can't believe that it is really him lying next to me.

So Day 2 we wake up late and and eat breakfast at the suite. He is excited to get an Omelet with everything on it. Also to use real silverware and drink real coffee. We are still in AZ because he mother has planned a dinner to welcome him home for all his family and friends. A lot of people were there the food was catered Soul Food. He enjoyed having real food again and his favorite was the Red Velvet Cake. It went well but he would have rather just not been around too many people and head to California straight away. After a long day of family and friends we go back to the suite and are able to relax, however we stay up super late talking, laughing and getting to know the Free real world us.

Day 3: Finally we are on the road to California during so he could see the trip I had taken for many years--and he is taking it all in and didnt really realize the sacrifice that was made. Some things that surprise him are the Billboards they are electronic now, and he says all the cars look alike now. He doesn't have a cell phone yet because I want him to decide what he wants himself.

Day 4:He is over all doing surprisingly well. However at the AT&T store I had to go back to work he calls me and breaks down because he feels so embarrassed because he should know all these things that are the norm for us freeworld people. He ask alot of questions to me but he feels comfortable just not with strangers. I show him how to use the phone and him and Siri have been BFF's every since. also youTube he is now a master at all things iphones Even things I don't know he can now help me with.

Day 5: He jumped in right away to getting his resume tight and starts applying for IT jobs, the skill he picked up at AZ DOC at the college that are on the prison sites for the past 10 years. He gets a total of 3 interviews. He is worried because he uses his experience from the prison, he doesn't have to mark the box in California if he is a felon so he doesn't and avoids it. His interviews are tough because in IT they just want to now your skills and if you can do things. They test him right away before the interviews. All his interviews are panel with more than 1 person. He gets through them but I can tell he needs to get something before he starts to get down. Finally one company called him back and wanted to discuss salaries. He had no idea what to ask for because he didn't want to price himself out. I told him not to be greedy since he was only making .40 an hour just days ago. Well they give him what he wanted and he is in disbelief!!! I think God for his blessing. He went from an inmate to his own desk to a network technician for a Design company. All I can say is God is Good.

He is still adjusting everyday. He still needs my help with decisions like picking out his clothes, or toothpaste at the store. I'm okay an very patient with him because he has been absent from the real world for a long time. We talk a lot about it and any and everything. He ask a lot of questions and I answer them no matter how insignificant they may seem. We also laugh alot!
Old 10-23-2018, 06:26 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 28,528 Times in 14,379 Posts

Congrats!

**We also laugh alot!***

This is good! Very good.

That's my dog's nose art

Old 10-23-2018, 10:06 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 32,957 Times in 15,117 Posts

Sounds like things are falling into place You're learning each other & learning new things together. Its easy for someone who has has done longer than a minute to get over-whelmed. In prison they're able to make very few of their own decisions....when released, the inability to make decisions combnined with too many choices leads to sensory overload...shoot, I feel like I sometimes get that "deer in the headlights" look when trying to choose toothpaste, or canned tomatoes.....way too many varieties to choose from

Glad to hear ya'll are doing well Keep it up!!

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 10-25-2018, 06:39 PM

Thanked 2,926 Times in 1,788 Posts

Glad things are going well. My husband will be home a month in about a week or so. It's been pretty wonderful.