Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Straight Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Straight Talk The general Ex-Offender discussion forum. If you have done time, this forum is for you.

Old 01-28-2012, 04:11 PM

Default Do you appreciate the woman holding you down, get bored or fall in love?

hello i love coming to this part of the forum because it helps me understand from his point of view and although he tries to answer my questions it just doesnt get thru to me n it feels better when i hear ur guys's stories so i sometimes am very insecure because we use to go out when we were younger we broke up he dated other girls me other guys but we didnt reunite til he was already in there for 3 years i know he would write his ex's n i even know a girl who is a friend, from before not close just hi n bye type, who use to write to him i sometimes get insecure and feel like he will get tired of talking to me and go back to writing to all these girls from your point of view do you guys really fall in love in there and will stay faithfull even thoug you know u have a great chance u will get away with it? do you appreciate the woman that is actually visiting motivating you n helping where she can or do u guys get bored of one girl and feel the need to talk to as many as u can i know its a bit of a crazy question i just hear so many stories and i think alot i trust him i just wonder if in the future he'll get tempted
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2012, 04:13 PM

oh and also i wouldlike to hear if you guys have stories of falling in love while in there or if you guys had a girl hold you down while you were in there thank u
Old 01-31-2012, 06:54 AM
Moderator On Leave

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 4,727 Times in 1,191 Posts

Some of us are mindful of the women in our lives that wait for us while we’re in prison and some of us aren’t that far along. I always felt like that the guys who really missed their wives or girlfriends and at the same time knew they weren’t really cut out for prison over the long haul are the ones that tend to be the truest in a good way. Men that don’t have a problem with being in prison are the ones that seem to have the most problems in a relationship. It’s not as simple as all that and there is a lot more that could be said. Still, relationships that involve at least one person being in prison take more work than when 2 people are out here in the Free World together.

I didn’t really dig being in a relationship while I was in prison. It hurt too much and I was mindful of how much I missed her. It was easier to put that entire situation on hold until I got out for the sake of being able to do my time in there. I’m not saying that I didn’t have relationships with women who were out here while I was in there, but they were difficult for me to hold up under.

Everyone has to find their own way of doing time in there and because of that, there are different strokes for different folks as the old phrase goes. It’s hard being in love and being alone at the same time when confined to prison. Some men can take to it, but for others like me, I was better off without being in a relationship. I had a few gals that I wrote to, but for the most part it was a plutonic effort over the long haul.

With regard to your loved one in prison, I think what you’re asking about has to do with “integrity” and whether or not he’s for real in terms of being devoted to you. Are there men in prison who can write other women and yet still be true to only one woman in their lives? Well…..anything is possible and yet, it’s more a matter of respect on his part, from my view point. You need to act the same way in prison as you do when you’re here in the Free World as much as possible when it comes to a relationship. No, it’s not cool to write several different women and at the same time say he’s true to you, in my book. Relationships involve a certain amount of affection, emotion and physical attraction that have much to do with the fire which burns within. Over the long haul though, there’s more to be said for the trust and respect needed to keep the flame lit and I find it hard to see how that’s going to happen if you don’t trust him. You won’t know what you really have where he is concerned until he gets out. If he’s already giving you the impression thathe not being honest or true to you then, you should consider moving on with your life before it becomes to difficult to do that.
AngelMindi (10-27-2017), forthelonghaul (01-31-2012), illyj (01-19-2014), lovinglife30 (11-28-2017), mallafri (02-21-2012), PrettyKitten (02-10-2017), Quetz (02-10-2017)
Old 02-02-2012, 08:22 AM

thank you so much for your input and to be honest i know it sounds bad as if i dont trust him but its not that i dont trust him its just that i have so much time to think and befor pto all i had was people in my ear w. negativity and i would hear negtive expirences i never seen positive outcomes and me being in a really bad realationship before doesnt help my trust issues but im working on it and thanks again for replying
The Following User Says Thank You to 143sanchez For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (02-03-2012)
Old 02-10-2017, 08:33 AM

Wink Thank you for your response to Sanchez's question

It's nice to know that even though before he got in for a 1 point over on DUI, it is a felony because he had one when he was 20, now he is 50 but looks like 40, and is so lovable we've been married for 7 months, he asked to marry me 4 months into the relationship, it took a long time for me, but we cuddle and pillow talk for hours and we have never seen a movie all or even part of the way through, because all we want to do is touch each other and hold, and kiss, like being at a drive-in movie when I was 16. And if he could he would talk on the phone for hours, thank God I have a friend who is kind of like a mom to me who helps with the phone and all his commissary. So, he doesn't ask me for any money which is nice thank God for my friend/Mom. The only time is if were down to like 2 dollars and I don't want to ask her for any more money. Still, you said all the right things, just because I've never been through this before, just marrying the man of my dreams, and then have him ripped out of my heart from the NV Penal Code System, thank you so very much.
PrettyKitten