Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Prison Talk Does your issue not fit into another forum? Post it here. Find support, answers and assistance.

Old 04-01-2017, 09:58 AM

In some circles it is not career-enhancing to mention you have a close relative in prison and we will just leave it at that.

My son has a son living in our small town, why embarrass hime further also.

Its a personal choice - the question was asked and I answered in a different manner than some....
The Following User Says Thank You to trauma4us For This Useful Post:
Anjewel (04-01-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2017, 10:02 AM
Sun Dried Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 2,752 Times in 1,332 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Dez View Post
Those that don't matter can go scratch.
can go scratch

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - J Krishnamurti

'Why' must almost always override 'how'. - Anjewel
Old 04-01-2017, 10:07 AM
Sun Dried Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 2,752 Times in 1,332 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trauma4us View Post
In some circles it is not career-enhancing to mention you have a close relative in prison and we will just leave it at that.

My son has a son living in our small town, why embarrass hime further also.

Its a personal choice - the question was asked and I answered in a different manner than some....
I never meant any harm, just sadness. Really.

Everyone has to choose how they live and I respect your choices. I'm just so thankful I don't have to keep secret's about Marty. This life is hard enough as it is....props to you.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - J Krishnamurti

'Why' must almost always override 'how'. - Anjewel
Old 04-06-2017, 03:24 PM

No I don't mention my OH on social media, I don't need or want to anyone can look at who I am in a relationship with on my profile if they so wish. Nothing has changed. Social media and others personal opinions, views, judgement, approval, likes etc.. isn't important to me and he is, I can switch the internet and that world off anytime and it's superficial. There was a time I was bothered when he first went in because he was in my local newspaper, I was worried what people could say but My love can not be switched off and me and him know our feelings for each other that is all that matters. We are so happy together and looking forward to our future together and our life, plans, dreams and ambitions.
Old 04-06-2017, 06:41 PM
J's baby forever

I don't post anything specific. People are way too judgmental.
Old 04-07-2017, 01:37 PM

Well I defenitly understand the feeling of others being judgmental.

But in all honesty, I announced it about two or so weeks ago, probably the day after I posted this (honestly can't remember the date I did lol and to lazy to look). I was really worried about what people would say, think and or feel, especially family. So those I did absolutely know would be, and would probably cause some nonsense, (my kids grandparents and some family who are very conservative type), I put a restriction on who can and can not see, I do this with some posts that are political and such to with these people, I just keep them on there because there my kids grandparents and they like to see pictures of there grand kids and such.

So here is what I posted....
__________________________________________________ ___

I have been wanting to tell everyone about my boyfriend *no name* I have been hesitant to talk about him, due to his life circumstance right now, but, I have been really wanting to share with my family and friends this wonderful man I have in my life right now.

We met in September of last year, and made it official with our relationship around January. The kids adore him and love him, and have even said to him that he is apart of our family, even *ex husband* likes him :O they've had beers together and even gone and Karaoke at the local bar here. He's genuine, sweet and really tries to do good. But...today marks 60 days till he is released from prison. I won't go into any details, but know it wasn't from drugs, violence or anything horrendous, like decapitating someone's head of and then eating the human parts like Silence of the Lambs shit lol.

He is 40 years old, and the past 4 years out of those 40 have been very hard on him, but he knows what he needs to and is serving his 90 days. He is serving his time and paying his dues. We all make mistakes, some more worse then others, and some choose to never move on, though what I have seen in *no name* whilst he is in there, is his will and determination to move on, and I see that when he says that all he wants to do is come home and be with me and the kids and to build a life together.

What makes this even more important to me, is that my kids love him, and that is what made it so much more for me. I love this guy with all my heart and soul. And I hope our future together will always be a positive, fun and a interesting future.

So, yes I have a boyfriend, he's just a little indisposed right now LMAO!
__________________________________________________ ____________________

EDITED out his name and ex's.

The reaction I got was pretty positive, most my friends and family actually seemed very, very supportive and that they wondered why I seemed more distracted then usual lol and that the kids seemed to be extra happy in pictures that they had seen, and they knew something good was going on. My family in Australia made a joke and said, well it's not like Aussies have a spotless past considering Australian history being a penal colony and all lol!!

That's pretty much it, haven't said anything since, just regular updates for family on kids school and regular stuff like funny cat memes lol!! But I am relieved in a sense, because we do all in a way want some acceptance in the person we have chosen to be our life partner. We don't want negativity of any sort, or drama because the person we love and adore just happens to be a felon. My cousin said it perfect when she said this:

We can't help who we pick or choose to be in our lives, including relatives, they come into our lives for a reason. Those people always come with a past, good, bad or in the middle somewhere. Most learn from it and move on, some don't. As long as you know in your gut that he is the perfect man for you, the perfect father figure for your kids, then who the f** cares what anyone else thinks. He's doing what is right, right now, serving his time, so what would anyone else expect.
Old 04-09-2017, 10:05 PM

I just say how much we love each other. Nothing about prison though