Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Drug & Alcohol Treatment & Rehabilitation > Friends & Families of Addicts
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Friends & Families of Addicts Information for coping, dealing & living with a loved one's addictive behavior.

Old 09-14-2010, 09:25 PM
Where's my baybuh?

Question Questions about rehab and cash-pay clients

I wanted to know if anybody else has dealt with this and I have experienced this with a handful of rehabs throughout southern california:

My uncle and my boyfriend's families have money.. they are cash pay clients. It seems to me that as the time passes and they are getting close to the date where they are supposed to be leaving, the rehab finds a way to keep them there longer. This includes but is not limited to calling the person's parents and convincing them they are not rehabilitated yet and should do their longer program, finding bogus reasons to "kick them out" then saying that they'll let them come back right after if they restart the program from the beginning or going to court and recommending to the judge that they re-start the program etc. Has anyone else had trouble with this? It seems to me that most of these places are more concerned about their paychecks than rehabilitating their clients.
Sponsored Links