Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CONNECTICUT > Connecticut Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Connecticut Prison and Jail Specific Discussions Profiles and information about Connecticut prisons

Old 02-24-2014, 04:57 AM

Default Robinson CI - Experience?

Hello Everyone - how are you?

A friend of mine just got transferred from Osborn to Robinson - does anybody have information abou this Prison, the Conditions there, etc...

I would love to hear anything.

Thank you very much in advance.

Marion
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2014, 06:33 AM

Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Hi Marion,
Are you looking for info about how it is visiting there? Or how the conditions are inside for the inmates there? my ex has been at Robinson for the past year and a half so I might be able to give you some insight.

Old 03-08-2014, 09:11 AM

Default Hi

I am really sorry I dont know anything about robinson but I am actually curious about osborn because my hubby just got sent there, you said in your post your friend was in osborn. do you know anything about osborn that you could tell me?
Old 05-23-2015, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IfIAintGotU View Post
Hi Marion,
Are you looking for info about how it is visiting there? Or how the conditions are inside for the inmates there? my ex has been at Robinson for the past year and a half so I might be able to give you some insight.
Hi, my friend is in Robinson now, I would appreciate any info you have on what it's like for the inmates and for visiting please, thanks so much
Old 10-03-2015, 09:43 AM

Default Robinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by IfIAintGotU View Post
Hi Marion,
My boyfriend is in Robinson, can anyone tell me what this facility is like and describe the visitation. Thank you.
Old 10-03-2015, 03:59 PM

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Superstar of the Year 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,923 Times in 1,592 Posts

Hi and welcome to Prison Talk!

Unfortunately I have no experience with Robinson--hopefully someone that has will come on soon!

Here is the DOC page for that facility. Pay attention to the section that relates to visiting and be sure to open the schedule before heading out--their schedule is based on last names and it would suck to make the trek out there only to find out that you can't get in. Most of the prisons are the same for visits in terms of dress--inconsistent!! In other words, there are some rules that are interpreted differently based on the staff that you encounter.

*If you have far to travel, it's a good idea to call ahead to make sure they aren't locked down and that he is free to have visits.

~dress modestly. NO bare arms, belly shirts, shorts, leggings or anything that is particularly sexy, body hugging or revealing.
~no torn jeans--even the ones that cost a mint with the rips in them when you buy them.
~no sweaters with pockets, hoodies, or jackets. No cargo pants.
~if you have piercings in private areas, I recommend removing them prior to the visit. They will set off the metal detector and this can be a royal PITA (pain in the ass) because you will be wanded and then likely have to be searched...
~you may wish to purchase a bra that does NOT have underwire, particularly if you are busty. You can now find bras without underwire everywhere...
~be aware of the metal on your clothes. If it is likely to set off the metal detector because of embellishments and details, do yourself a favor and wear something else!
~Leave your cell phone and purse in your locked car!

Bring in your license or other acceptable identification. If you have a metal plate that will set off the detector, get a note from your doctor that describes the issue, where it is on your body and the likelihood of setting off the machine--this will save you a ton of hassle later! And bring this with you for EVERY visit. Make copies of it and that way if they keep it, it's OK. (I know this from personal experience)

I don't know if they have vending machines...call and ask! If they do you may want to bring quarters in a zip-loc or some kind of clear bag. But there may also be a limit of how much money you can bring. Sorry, I have only been to Osborn & Northern for personal visits, so I am limited in my experience!

Make sure you remember his inmate number. You will probably go in, fill out a form with his name and number that you hand over to the CO's after you go through the metal detector. Be prepared to take off your shoes!

Since this is a medium facility, you should have contact visits (I am SOOOO jealous!!!), which means you will be allowed a hug and kiss at the start and end of your visit. Do NOT chew gum! They will think that you're passing drugs...

I wish that I could be of more help. Feel free to PM me if there's anything that I can do, or if you have more questions, etc. I hope that your first visit is wonderful! I know how anxiety-producing it can be, but it does get easier. Please let us know how it goes.

So...What's your point?

Last edited by InsomniaCT; 10-03-2015 at 04:01 PM.. Reason: added info
Old 10-03-2015, 07:26 PM

Default Thank you

Thank you so very much!!!