Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CONNECTICUT > Connecticut Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Connecticut Prison and Jail Specific Discussions Profiles and information about Connecticut prisons

Old 08-20-2014, 07:26 AM

Question Osborn visits, what are they like? Both contact and non-contact

Hey I'm going to visit my boyfriend in Osborn for the first time ever but he has non contact visits and I wanted to know if anybody can tell me what those are like ?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2014, 09:54 AM

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Superstar of the Year 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,923 Times in 1,592 Posts

Hi! Non-contact visits are like contact in that you go through the same procedure of checking in and having them called. When you go into the room, they will be waiting in a little cubicle and the CO will direct you to the corresponding # on your side. You will be in the main visiting room and he will be facing it behind the glass. You use the phone and have your visit--but no hand holding or hugs or kisses. All of those things will be so close--and so damn far away!!!

If you need to know the steps that go before, like how to check in, let us know. Have a great visit!

So...What's your point?

Old 08-20-2014, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsomniaCT View Post
Hi! Non-contact visits are like contact in that you go through the same procedure of checking in and having them called. When you go into the room, they will be waiting in a little cubicle and the CO will direct you to the corresponding # on your side. You will be in the main visiting room and he will be facing it behind the glass. You use the phone and have your visit--but no hand holding or hugs or kisses. All of those things will be so close--and so damn far away!!!

If you need to know the steps that go before, like how to check in, let us know. Have a great visit!
Yes thank you ! I would like to know the steps before I go in . So all the contact visits and non contact visits are all in the same room ?
Old 08-21-2014, 01:16 PM

Question Osborn visits

Has anyone ever been to osborn for a visit ? If so , what is it like ? Both contact and non contact
Old 08-25-2014, 11:09 AM

I havent been to Osborne but I do have no contact visits at another CT facility.

You get there and check in with your id, and then wait to be called in. We all go in at once after going through the metal detector - I always wear a wireless bra. Sometimes earrings can make it go off, sometimes they dont. I try not to wear anything that will make the metal detectors go off and I even keep a back up outfit in the car (I have a long ride). I always get there 45 min to an hour early because if there are 12 seats and 12 people, I am not getting in so I am always early. The visits are loud - very loud. So push up the volume on your phone and I usually cover my other ear. Keep in mind, there are 12 other people (in my case) shouting to their loved ones and sometimes kids there too so it gets loud with excitement. In my situation, non contact visits are in a different room and I would assume that is everywhere but Im not sure. Hope that helps!
Old 08-27-2014, 10:16 AM

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Superstar of the Year 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,923 Times in 1,592 Posts

This is how it goes at Osborn, unless they have changed.

Go in the front door. There is a counter, facing the parking lot with paper and pencils. Take one of the sheets and fill out the information it seeks--his name and #, your name and date (there may be more but I can't remember!). Take it with you to metal detector. Remove all of your metal first and place it in a basket. If your shoes are going to go off, remove them too. Their metal detector can be ridiculously sensitive. Do yourself a favor and get a bra that does not have underwire. (most brands now have a few options without underwire--probably due to airport security and women being tired of being searched!)

If you have a problem with your bra, walk sideways with your arms crossed over your chest. Do not go too slow!! For some reason this method tends to work.

After passing the metal detector, stand in the next line, the window by the gate. Hand your piece of paper & ID to them. They will look you up, etc., and mark your paper in red magic marker in the upper right corner, signifying a non-contact visit.

When they are done, go through the open gate and up to the next building. Off to your right is a guard area. Hand your form & ID to them. If you need a locker, let them know. No jackets, scarves, sleeveless...follow the rules! I always left my purse in the trunk of my car and brought in just my ID so that I could avoid the lockers. Once they have done their thing with you, put your stuff in the locker, use the ladies' room (right by lockers) and have a set in waiting room. If you sit so that you are facing the hallway by the guard room, you can see when your guy is bing brought down.

They will call you when they are ready. You go into the hall, then into the room. This is where ALL social visits occur. Hand your paper to the CO. S/he will direct you to a number. The visiting booths are numbered, go to the number you are directed. And then, your visit begins! A CO will likely come to him when the visit is over. You will get up and walk out the way that you entered.

It can be pretty loud, but I usually found a way to not notice.

Arrive early. It is first come, first served. Have fun!

So...What's your point?

Old 03-20-2016, 04:32 PM
Female-xtraordinare

Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 

Osborn visits remain the same as Insomnia described as of today.