Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 02-19-2012, 06:39 AM

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 5,202 Times in 2,543 Posts

CorrLinks does indeed work on the weekend. It's a 24 hour seven days a week system. There is however downtime scheduled on Tuesday. I have a sticky that I keep updated as I am made aware of scheduled downtime.

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=568466

Sometimes messaging is slow, sometimes fast. They have been doing a lot of maintenance of late getting ready to put MP3 players into the mix as CorrLinks will be the catalyst for residents to purchase and download music.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2012, 07:18 AM
Yet another waiting heart

Quote:
They have been doing a lot of maintenance of late getting ready to put MP3 players into the mix as CorrLinks will be the catalyst for residents to purchase and download music.
Oh, really??? That is super duper!!! I know my man would love to be able to listen to some music before going to sleep
Old 02-19-2012, 07:56 AM
♥ Por Vida ♥

Default email questions RE: BIG SANDY

Does anyone that has people at Big Sandy, know the details of email, I mean as far as is there a fee for each incoming and outgoing email, is there a charge my minute usage, do they automatically print them out and give then to the inmate or how does the inmate they KNOW they have mail? can the inmate print it and how much is that? I have read on the email posts about corrlinks and apparently it's different at each facility, I have read people say it's its .45 cents, same as a stamp to send and receive, but not charged by minute and their emails get delivered, printed out to the inmate. I asked one mom on here and she thinks it may be .25 cents a minute, period, not sure on incoming or outgoing usage. I'm trying to figure it out because my poor husband CANNOT type to save his life. I already don't expect much from HIM but, if they are charging by the minute, it will help me to know to keep them short sweet love notes rather than long drawn out emails that I can save for letters to avoid too much expense on emails. I just need to know what the fees/costs are so that I know how to plan and budget for this expense. oh yea, is there a open/closed time that they are allowed to use the computers. Like in the evening, if Is there a time that I should not expect a reply if it's past a certain time?

MiniMoose, thanks for that information on Corrlinks running 24/7 but is it avail to the inmates 24/7? Also, do you happen to know an approximate ETA for those MP3 players to get up there to Big Sandy?

Have a good day everyone... BluesMNM

The Following User Says Thank You to bluesmnm For This Useful Post:
1bird2 (02-19-2012)
Old 02-19-2012, 08:35 AM

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 5,202 Times in 2,543 Posts

Blues,

CorrLinks is .05 per minute to use. That is for reading and typing a message. It is .15 to print a message. They keep track of their minutes just like they do with the phone usage. My LO checks his own. There is no charge to you, only your LO. I believe that these are the fees across the Fed. board.

The residents can only use the system when they are on the unit. Meaning, when they are out. There are currently four computers per unit at the facility my LO is at. They use them when space is available, much like phones.

I do not know the ETA on MP3 players at Big Sandy but was told this morning by my LO that they would be available at his facility in April.

MM
Old 02-19-2012, 08:39 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,883 Times in 1,674 Posts

Welcome Slicks!! I am sorry your LO is in Big Sandy too! It IS in the middle of NOWHERE!!
As far a emails, they do get to email on weekends....mine always arrive in my box at least an hour AFTER he sent it....
I don't know what to tell you about getting there without driving!!! I assume you are in EUROPE.....so, if you fly into an airport....I could maybe pick you up and bring you to BS for visitation, and if you stay at the Haven of Rest, I bet you could find someone to take you back to the airport to fly home. Most of the visitors I have met stay at the Haven.....some may even use the same airport you will use...so that is something we could look into....Maybe if you called the Haven of Rest (606) 298-0520, they could help you out....from everything I've heard, they are a wonderful group of ladies!
I have not stayed there myself, because I just visit for the day on Saturdays.
Welcome abord!
Love and prayers,
XXOO
Old 02-19-2012, 10:25 AM
♥ Por Vida ♥

Thanks MiniMoose for clarification on the charges and the MP3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMoose View Post
Blues,

CorrLinks is .05 per minute to use. That is for reading and typing a message. It is .15 to print a message. They keep track of their minutes just like they do with the phone usage. My LO checks his own. There is no charge to you, only your LO. I believe that these are the fees across the Fed. board.

The residents can only use the system when they are on the unit. Meaning, when they are out. There are currently four computers per unit at the facility my LO is at. They use them when space is available, much like phones.

I do not know the ETA on MP3 players at Big Sandy but was told this morning by my LO that they would be available at his facility in April.

MM

MiniMoose (02-19-2012)
Old 02-19-2012, 10:35 AM
♥ Por Vida ♥

Yikes Slick, are you really in Europe? Wow, and I'm complaining about being 1209 miles from my honey

By the way:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick's View Post
Thanks BLUESMNM!

Yesterday (Saturday) I received 4 messages all at once. They were written from Friday morning to Saturday morning so something is going on... I can't say if it's a corrlinks issue or a prison issue though... Arrggggg!!!

My biggest concern since he landed at BS is how on earth will I be able to visit him as the facility is right in the middle of nowhere and I don't drive!! (yeah, BIG problem!)... It would be awkward to arrive in a chauffeur driven car... LOL!! C.O. at the gate would think I am some kind of Mafia boss LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

1bird2 (02-19-2012)
Old 02-19-2012, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Welcome Slicks!! I am sorry your LO is in Big Sandy too! It IS in the middle of NOWHERE!!
As far a emails, they do get to email on weekends....mine always arrive in my box at least an hour AFTER he sent it....
I don't know what to tell you about getting there without driving!!! I assume you are in EUROPE.....so, if you fly into an airport....I could maybe pick you up and bring you to BS for visitation, and if you stay at the Haven of Rest, I bet you could find someone to take you back to the airport to fly home. Most of the visitors I have met stay at the Haven.....some may even use the same airport you will use...so that is something we could look into....Maybe if you called the Haven of Rest (606) 298-0520, they could help you out....from everything I've heard, they are a wonderful group of ladies!
I have not stayed there myself, because I just visit for the day on Saturdays.
Welcome abord!
Love and prayers,
XXOO
Thanks so much for your offer 1BIRD2, it is SOOOOO nice of you!
I had planned on booking a shuttle service to pick me up from the airport and take me to the hotel in Inez (the same to go back to the airport). My main concern is getting from the hotel to the darn prison and back.. I had even considered the option of renting a bicycle if there were no other way!! LOL Imagine me on the bike, pedalling my way to see my guy and getting there all sweaty and smelly!! and CO's saying: "oh no!! no way we'll let you in the visit room you stinky little creature!!"

I am actually quite stressed over this matter to be honest.. Anyway, I am going to check the Heaven of Rest and see if they can help me out somehow... Thanks for the advice!

Quote:
Yikes Slick, are you really in Europe? Wow, and I'm complaining about being 1209 miles from my honey
Yep BLUESMNM, I live in Europe Imagine how worried I am about going all the way there just to find out there's no way for me to reach the prison from the hotel! Damn!! I think I would go walking if needed be!
Thanks for your welcome by the way!!

Besides all this transportation dilemma of mine, it also seems that I am the only one having trouble with corrlinks?? I get his messages 12 to 24 hours AFTER he has written them!! Am I jinxed or has my man won a "welcome to BS" prize consisting of a dose of bad luck mixed with a load of complications??!!!! ARRRRGGGGGGG!!!!!
Old 02-19-2012, 12:26 PM
♥ Por Vida ♥

Hey Slick,
Wow, I do feel for you with all your frustration. I can't even imagine being that far. I have not been there, i'm still waiting to be approved in his visitors list. 1bird2 was real great helping me with info on my hopefully soon, upcoming travels. She told me about Haven's Rest, I think i saw they charge $25 for the entire weekend, not sure if they feed you or not. I wanted to ask you though, I wasn't aware of any shuttle service to and from the airport, can you let me know the details of that, or you can send me a private message, if thats better for you, things like: who you called and what their fees are, if you don't mind, also, if havens rest CAN get you too and from the prison, what are their fees for that? I didn't want to have the expense of paying to rent a car since I won't be going anywhere else so if i can pay a shuttle, and get someone to get me to and from the prison, they I maybe can avoid that expense, it's already so much as it is, gosh, especially for you.

I'll keep in my prayers.
MNM

Quote:
Thanks so much for your offer 1BIRD2, it is SOOOOO nice of you!
I had planned on booking a shuttle service to pick me up from the airport and take me to the hotel in Inez (the same to go back to the airport). My main concern is getting from the hotel to the darn prison and back.. I had even considered the option of renting a bicycle if there were no other way!! LOL Imagine me on the bike, pedalling my way to see my guy and getting there all sweaty and smelly!! and CO's saying: "oh no!! no way we'll let you in the visit room you stinky little creature!!"

I am actually quite stressed over this matter to be honest.. Anyway, I am going to check the Heaven of Rest and see if they can help me out somehow... Thanks for the advice!

Yep BLUESMNM, I live in Europe Imagine how worried I am about going all the way there just to find out there's no way for me to reach the prison from the hotel! Damn!! I think I would go walking if needed be!
Thanks for your welcome by the way!!

Besides all this transportation dilemma of mine, it also seems that I am the only one having trouble with corrlinks?? I get his messages 12 to 24 hours AFTER he has written them!! Am I jinxed or has my man won a "welcome to BS" prize consisting of a dose of bad luck mixed with a load of complications??!!!! ARRRRGGGGGGG!!!!!

1bird2 (02-19-2012)
Old 02-19-2012, 01:37 PM
Donation Award 

OK girls, what airport are you planning on flying into? I have talked with visitors that fly into Huntington WVA, and Lexington KY....I think they said those were the only and closest options.....
Let me know and I'll see what I can do .... One way or the other....this WILL happen!!!! No visitor left behind!!
Although it is tempting to see Slick pull up at BS in a limo!!!....real tempting!! I think it would make for a GREAT VIDEO!!
Old 02-19-2012, 02:01 PM
♥ Por Vida ♥

Hello, Thank you for watching out for us. I think I'm ok, I believe I have everything under control and "pre-planned" out. Shae has been really great and very informational as well since she also travels by plane.

As for me, I'm planning to fly into WV, I've already been watching flights, i'm just waiting to get approved to make the purchase. I plan to stay at Haven's to cut cost and "planned" to rent a car at the airport. But when I saw that Slick mentioned an airport shuttle, i wanted to check that out to see which would be better for me (price wise), I had wondered if Havens at Rest provided transportation for an extra fee to and from the prison, but, if all else fails or the shuttle service was expensive, then I would just stick to renting a car. you are right, this WILL happen, whenever i do finally get approved

I agree with you about Slick "rolling up" in a Limo, the would all be watching, scratching their heads, wondering WHO it was

1bird2 (02-23-2012)
Old 02-19-2012, 05:30 PM

Ya ya... you girls can laugh about my limo all you want but I will get a VIP pass to the visit room for it and you won't!!

Nah, for real, I hope I can find someone willing to give me a lift or else I will be in trouble... The bycicle idea is still running around in my head though...LOL

1bird2, I will be flying to Charlotte and then catch another plane to Huntington. I think that airport is not TOO far away from Inez...

Bluesmnm, I haven't yet booked any shuttle service (or anything else for that matter as I still have to get approved for visits too!). I have been making some research though and there are various companies which offer shuttle service to and from Huntington airport... Then again, the problem is getting to and from the prison!! But as 1bird2 said, THIS WILL HAPPEN!!! Even if we have to rent a donkey-cab service!!! Hey, what do you girls prefer, me arriving in a Mafia style limo or ridding a donkey???

Last edited by slick's; 02-19-2012 at 05:32 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to slick's For This Useful Post:
1bird2 (02-23-2012)
Old 02-20-2012, 07:48 AM

Red face

Quote:
Thanks BLUESMNM!

Yesterday (Saturday) I received 4 messages all at once. They were written from Friday morning to Saturday morning so something is going on... I can't say if it's a corrlinks issue or a prison issue though... Arrggggg!!!

My biggest concern since he landed at BS is how on earth will I be able to visit him as the facility is right in the middle of nowhere and I don't drive!! (yeah, BIG problem!)... It would be awkward to arrive in a chauffeur driven car... LOL!! C.O. at the gate would think I am some kind of Mafia boss LOL!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi slicks,
I actually spoke with a guard at the facility, he informed me that flying into wv, is easier and there is some form of transportation. I would call the prison and ask the guards. Like yu I am still waiting for my form to get aproved. And as far as the emails.... my guy has told me sometimes they monitor certain inmates more than others. We are going through the same problem. I won't get any for a whole day, then the next day I have 15, in no particular order. I think maybe because he's new....idk. I will keep you in my prayers as far as visitng your guy. I'm patiently waiting as well. And yes, I too have been watching the flights....lol
Good luck, and all the best....
1bird2 (02-23-2012)
Old 02-20-2012, 12:14 PM

Hi suprmejoy!

Thanks for your reply!

Yes, I will fly into Charlotte and then catch another flight to WV (Huntington Tri-State Airport)! There's no direct flight from my city to Huntington so I have to do a stopover (which I HATE!). From the airport to Inez I was thinking of booking a shuttle service... From Inez to the prison and back is a different story though as I don't drive...Still trying to figure it out!

Oh!!! so you are having corrlinks' issues too?! What you said about our man's messages being monitored and, therefore,delayed, makes a lot of sense as they are new to the prison! If that is the case then I hope it all gets sorted with time!

I hope you get approved soon dear. I can't wait to see my little dummy LOL
Who knows, we might even get to meet there at some point!!
Old 02-22-2012, 01:43 PM

Hey ladies,

do you know if B.S. is on lockdown today, 2-22-12 ??

Thanks!
Old 02-23-2012, 08:17 AM
Donation Award 

Hey slicks, it is not uncommon for BS to lock down for very short periods....like and hour or two. The last "biggie" was around Christmas...and lasted a few weeks....but that long of a lockdown is rare....it was the only one in about a year. BS is pretty good at getting things under control quickly!
Oh, if you are still considering the "donkey", it won't look as out of place as one might think....I wouldn't give it a second look if I saw someone riding a donkey on the highway.....not there anyway!
Old 02-23-2012, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Oh, if you are still considering the "donkey", it won't look as out of place as one might think....I wouldn't give it a second look if I saw someone riding a donkey on the highway.....not there anyway!
Oh LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That had me rolling!!!!
I would like to see the look of the CO at the gate....
Old 02-26-2012, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudgiesgirl View Post
If anyone lives around charlotte, NC even if it is a couple hours maybe we could get togther and ride to KY together. I live in upstate SC. Not many responses yet and i would like to find someone who has a loved one there in Big Sandy. I am willing to drive.
Hey. I live in Atlanta and I currently have a friend at Big Sandy. I plan on trying to get up there to Visit on March 10.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:11 PM

CorrLinks is screwed up. My man will e mail me one night and I might not get if for over 24 hours. I think you can e mail corrlinks and tell them the problem you are having. Does anyone know about this haven of rest place? If so please pm me! I am driving from atl in the next couple weeks and I need somewhere to stay for a night!
Old 02-28-2012, 08:41 AM
♥ Por Vida ♥

Haven of Rest # 606-298-0520, I haven't stayed there yet, but i'm planning to if EVER i can get approved to visit my husband... I've heard nothing but really nice things about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin2903 View Post
CorrLinks is screwed up. My man will e mail me one night and I might not get if for over 24 hours. I think you can e mail corrlinks and tell them the problem you are having. Does anyone know about this haven of rest place? If so please pm me! I am driving from atl in the next couple weeks and I need somewhere to stay for a night!

Old 02-28-2012, 08:53 AM
♥ Por Vida ♥

Default still not approved at Big Sandy

Can you believe it. It's been nearly 5 weeks and I am still NOT approved... Talk about taking their sweet time. I keep callling and calling and on the rare occassion that someone over there actually ANSWERS, they put me on hold and always say the same thing, the person you need to talk to is not in the office, and NO VM avail to leave a message, what's up with that? Now is counselor is on vacation, how convenient, what do I do????? Or who else can I talk to???? (((((((frustrated))))))

Old 02-28-2012, 09:11 AM

Quote:
5 weeks and i am still not approved...
OMG!!!! 5 weeks to get approved??????????? That's crazy!! Could it be that the paperwork got lost in the mail on its way to the prison???

I am about to send my visit form out and I will be pissed if it takes that damn long for them to approve me
Old 02-28-2012, 09:13 AM

Quote:
CorrLinks is screwed up. My man will e mail me one night and I might not get if for over 24 hours.
Same for me.... I think it is not Corrlinks but the prison!!
Old 03-01-2012, 08:09 PM
♥ Por Vida ♥

Default Still not approved

OMG can you believe I am STILL NOT approved. I was told today that he has NO approved visitors YET and his counselor is on vacation until Sunday and I will have to call back on Sunday to see what the hold up is and IF they got my application. I was like IF, IF, are you serious. 5 weeks and they have the nerve to say IF. I will pass out if on Sunday his counselor tells me he does not have it. My husband has sent out many messages "call outs" to find out and he NEVER gets a response... THEY SUCK

Old 03-01-2012, 08:14 PM
♥ Por Vida ♥

Default MP3's on the new commissary list

Hey friends... Had your LO's mentioned that the MP3's are now on their new commissary list? I can't remember if he said they were $59 or $69. But, nobody knows where or how they purchase music or if there will be a fee to charge them when the battery gets low. So he said most are skeptical to purchase them because they are afraid there will be more "hidden" costs than just the initial purchase plus $1.09 per song... Has anyone else with family at BS heard of this yet and can give me any info on how/where they are getting their music and if there are hidden fees to charge and Lord knows whatever else the BOP can add on to create more expenses...