Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 12-19-2011, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenlea2010 View Post
My fiancee is currently in the SHU at USP Big Sandy. I know they are allowed to make one phone call a month. I was wondering if anyone knew when they are allowed to make that phone call? Also, does anyone know if they are allowed to recieve pictures while in there? Thanks..
There aint a set date for the calls...its loosely based on when they get placed into shu .....then sometime in a 30 day span from the initial entry they will let him use the phone.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2011, 09:44 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,883 Times in 1,674 Posts

BIG SANDY IS ON LOCKDOWN.....NO VISITATIONS FOR THE WEEKEND.
I am hoping and praying that everyone who had planned a visit called ahead of time...this is a bad time of year to be turned away at the gate!
Old 12-27-2011, 01:43 PM

Can anyone give me some info on visiting at Big Sandy, my husband was transfered from Mcqueary and I am planning to take our daughters to visit him. any info would be helpful since visiting is so different at every place they send him.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:22 PM
♥ Por Vida ♥

Do you know about the USP at Big Sandy? My husband is on his way there and I have NO IDEA what to expect. This is new to me. You can PM me if you'd like to give me any info you are able to, anything would be appreciated...

Thanks, MNM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardhitter5050 View Post
Based on what you said he's probally at the camp at Big Sandy.....I was at the camp for a year...it's the same address as the USP, and on the BOP website when you looked up my name it said "USP Big Sandy" Id be happy to answer any questions about Big Sandy....like I said I was at the camp, but the staff there work both places.

Old 01-10-2012, 03:55 PM

Question Extremely nervous....

Hi, I'm trying to find out info about big sandy. My husband is being transferred there from usp lewisburg. I wanted to visit him next weekend. Im worried about the dresscode, can you wear heels?
And is anyone from new york driving down. I would love to carpool with someone...
Thanks in advance.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:01 PM

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 5,202 Times in 2,543 Posts

This falls into the category of "professional transportation services" but also refers to personal carpooling:

PTO Disclaimer & Advisory Regarding Transportation/Van Services to Prisons:

PTO and its Administrators do not endorse, recommend, research & review, nor guarantee any transportation services that appear on this site.

Members should be aware that they use these transportation services at their own risk. Members are responsible for ensuring that the operator is insured and the vehicle is roadworthy and legal.

Be aware that private transportation services are generally operated without business or transportation license, which may or may not be required by their local municipality or state.

PTO and its Administrators will not be held liable for any claims or damages that may arise due to accident, injury, missed schedules or monetary dispute.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:37 AM

I live in Atlanta and I would like to drive up to visit my friend currently in USP Big Sandy. I am scared to drive all the way up there and they be on lock down? Are there any people that would like to carpool up there?
The Following User Says Thank You to Kristin2903 For This Useful Post:
suprmejoy (01-12-2012)
Old 01-12-2012, 08:46 AM

Question

Exactly what I was trying to say. I have never been to big sandy before. That is why wanted to find out more info. And possibly carpool with another wife/girlfriend. Sheesh. I dont know what to expect...
Old 01-12-2012, 08:52 AM

I used to carpool with other women when he was at lewisburg. Also I was just trying to get some info on the place. Aside from what is on the from what is on the fbop site.

[Q[/b][/b]UOTE=MiniMoose;6544053]This falls into the category of "professional transportation services" but also refers to personal carpooling:

PTO Disclaimer & Advisory Regarding Transportation/Van Services to Prisons:

PTO and its Administrators do not endorse, recommend, research & review, nor guarantee any transportation services that appear on this site.

Members should be aware that they use these transportation services at their own risk. Members are responsible for ensuring that the operator is insured and the vehicle is roadworthy and legal.

Be aware that private transportation services are generally operated without business or transportation license, which may or may not be required by their local municipality or state.

PTO and its Administrators will not be held liable for any claims or damages that may arise due to accident, injury, missed schedules or monetary dispute.[/quote]
Old 01-12-2012, 09:42 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprmejoy View Post
Hi, I'm trying to find out info about big sandy. My husband is being transferred there from usp lewisburg. I wanted to visit him next weekend. Im worried about the dresscode, can you wear heels?
And is anyone from new york driving down. I would love to carpool with someone...
Thanks in advance.
Hey there, my son is in BS...I live in TN, so carpooling won't work...sorry.
I can tell you that heels, no matter how high, won't be a problem!! I've seen some REALLY HIGH heels!!! The visitation room is cold...so wear warm clothes....but no jackets, or zippers or buttons...I have seen pullovers make it through...depends on who is working up front. All of the CO"S I've met have been very nice and helpful.
Let me know if I can help in anyway. I have not stayed at the haven of rest...but everyone I've talked to said they liked it!
suprmejoy (01-13-2012)
Old 01-13-2012, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bird2 View Post
Hey there, my son is in BS...I live in TN, so carpooling won't work...sorry.
I can tell you that heels, no matter how high, won't be a problem!! I've seen some REALLY HIGH heels!!! The visitation room is cold...so wear warm clothes....but no jackets, or zippers or buttons...I have seen pullovers make it through...depends on who is working up front. All of the CO"S I've met have been very nice and helpful.
Let me know if I can help in anyway. I have not stayed at the haven of rest...but everyone I've talked to said they liked it!
Thank you so much. Is it as bad as I hear?
1bird2 (01-13-2012)
Old 01-13-2012, 02:41 PM
Donation Award 

Well Suprmejoy, I don't know what you've heard, but it beats anything I've ever seen....but this is the only USP ...or prison at all that my son has ever been in....we've both gotten quite an education on things neither of us knew about to begin with!!!....but I've heard Lewisburg was pretty intense from the stories my son has heard!!!.....feel free to PM me anytime!
Love and prayers,
XXOO
suprmejoy (01-26-2012)
Old 01-25-2012, 01:30 PM
♥ Por Vida ♥

Ok, here we go..... I think my husband FINALLY left Georgia where he was being held since leaving OK FTC 3 weeks ago and is en route to Big Sandy, he ALWAYS calls me every morning and hangs up when i answer to let me know he's still there, then we talk EVERYDAY on my lunch and today, NOTHING, so I DO hope this is the case, we are both sooo ready to get this going and for him to get settled in... and me, so I can GET A VISIT... i miss him so much

has anyone mailed a wedding band over there? If so, PM me please, I would like to know what steps i have to take. I heard it has to go through the Chaplain and cannot have a value over $100 and cannot have any stones.

Shae & 1bird I guess we'll be communicating more now thanks for keeping me posted and helping me out with information on BS...

Last edited by bluesmnm; 01-25-2012 at 01:32 PM..
Old 01-26-2012, 01:17 PM
♥ Por Vida ♥

Yep, he's OFFICIALLY in his prison... How long until I should hear from him? Do they keep them in lockdown for awhile or??? ((((((missing the love of my life)))))

Old 01-26-2012, 06:12 PM

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Each facility is different. My LO spent no time in the SHU like some folks have to, he went straight to his unit and I heard from him within two days of getting there.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:04 AM

Well my husband, finally got to big sandy. He says its cold. And that its a disciplanary facility.
Has anyone heard this?
I dont know what to expect on our visit, but next month can't get here soon enough.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:28 AM
♥ Por Vida ♥

Mine just got there just over a week ago, said the same thing, it's COLD. I"m not sure what the disciplinary part is but I do know they get racked up to their cells by 9-9:30, IF they didn't clean something or somewhere, good enough in order for them to earn a movie, which means staying up later. Mine is still learning which means, so am I sorry I can't be much help but at least you know your not the only one new to this. I'm hoping to go by the end of this month, if my visitors thing gets approved quick, i just keep praying about it, i miss my husband so much, and these lousy 300 minutes, go so dang fast. It has been difficult having to hang up before being cut off, in order to stretch them out to last till the next time. I HATE IT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprmejoy View Post
Well my husband, finally got to big sandy. He says its cold. And that its a disciplanary facility.
Has anyone heard this?
I dont know what to expect on our visit, but next month can't get here soon enough.

Old 02-05-2012, 03:36 PM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesmnm View Post
Mine just got there just over a week ago, said the same thing, it's COLD. I"m not sure what the disciplinary part is but I do know they get racked up to their cells by 9-9:30, IF they didn't clean something or somewhere, good enough in order for them to earn a movie, which means staying up later. Mine is still learning which means, so am I sorry I can't be much help but at least you know your not the only one new to this. I'm hoping to go by the end of this month, if my visitors thing gets approved quick, i just keep praying about it, i miss my husband so much, and these lousy 300 minutes, go so dang fast. It has been difficult having to hang up before being cut off, in order to stretch them out to last till the next time. I HATE IT!!

Believe me I know what your talking about. The whole system in my opinion is designes to seperate loved ones, and break down the inmates. The 15 minute phone calls are the worst. He speed talks just to fit everything in. and I dont understand why we have to get reapproved when I was already on his list. His counselor wants to recheck everyone. Smh, just more of a waste of time. Trust and believe I feel your pain. I hope you get approved, and the visit goes well. Im counting the days, I havent seen my husband in almost 5months.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:11 AM
♥ Por Vida ♥

Ok my Big Sandy friends, 1Bird2 and Shae, who do i need to get in contact with to find out if i have been approved yet on my husbands list? He cannot find out anything over there. He told me his counselor but i just wanted to check with yall first. Is that also who can tell me what email address he gave them to see it's correct or not, I have not yet received the email i'm supposed to get to get it going, it's been a couple of weeks, is that the normal time frame? I've read on the email posts that its within a few days that the email gets up and going for the inmate so i'm CONFUSED (scratching my head)

Old 02-15-2012, 06:25 PM

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

bluesmnm,

Sometimes the counselor holds things up, like actually approving CorrLinks access. He should receive a copy of his visiting list also and that will show who has been approved. My opinion is someone on that side is holding the process up.

MM
Old 02-16-2012, 06:40 AM
♥ Por Vida ♥

MiniMoose~
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind when I, IF I can get a hold of the counselor. I'm the only one for his visitors list and he has been asking his counselor if he got my application yet, he said no, yet I mailed it right back to him the VERY NEXT day (to the counselor), that was over two weeks ago already. Hopefully i can reach the counselor today and get some answers, maybe since it's only me, it's not like he has a lot of people getting approved, or at least if they would get the email set up... WHO sends me the initial email, is it Corrlinks or the Counselor? Once they do that, will it give me his email automatically? He's already deposited money for email activity, I just need that authorization code to enter into Corrlinks, i've already established an acct with them, but cannot yet provide that code.

Thanks so much for your response, have a really great day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMoose View Post
bluesmnm,

Sometimes the counselor holds things up, like actually approving CorrLinks access. He should receive a copy of his visiting list also and that will show who has been approved. My opinion is someone on that side is holding the process up.

MM

Old 02-16-2012, 10:52 AM
Donation Award 

Hey there Blues! You should get an email sent to you that will contain the code to enter in Corrlinks....then Corrlinks will show that contact pending for a short time...sometimes only an hour. Your husband is the one who sends the request to you. If you are still trying to contact BS, Fri am around 9:00 is the most successful time I have found. Please keep us posted on your visitation approval....they would notify your husband that you have been approved....
I am praying this happens SOON!!! Hang tough....you are almost there!!
Love and Prayers!
XXOO
Old 02-18-2012, 10:14 AM
Yet another waiting heart

Hi!

I am new to this category as my man has just been transferred to BS.

I have been receiving corrlinks' emails from him since he arrived but I get them in complete random order. This morning I got one he sent yesterday morning... So, I would like to ask you if corrlinks' system is particularly slow there? Also, does it work in the weekends too?
Oh!! now that I'm at it, are they very strict with the visit dress code??

Thanks!
Old 02-18-2012, 09:54 PM
♥ Por Vida ♥

Hello, Well I am VERY new to Corrlinks so I won't be much help, but ONE thing that I CAN tell you is I sent AND received emails today (Saturday), so I assume they work on weekends, i'm not sure yet about Sunday, I can let you know tomorrow if you want Hope that helps a LITTLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick's View Post
Hi!

I am new to this category as my man has just been transferred to BS.

I have been receiving corrlinks' emails from him since he arrived but I get them in complete random order. This morning I got one he sent yesterday morning... So, I would like to ask you if corrlinks' system is particularly slow there? Also, does it work in the weekends too?
Oh!! now that I'm at it, are they very strict with the visit dress code??

Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to bluesmnm For This Useful Post:
1bird2 (02-19-2012)
Old 02-19-2012, 06:12 AM
Yet another waiting heart

Thanks BLUESMNM!

Yesterday (Saturday) I received 4 messages all at once. They were written from Friday morning to Saturday morning so something is going on... I can't say if it's a corrlinks issue or a prison issue though... Arrggggg!!!

My biggest concern since he landed at BS is how on earth will I be able to visit him as the facility is right in the middle of nowhere and I don't drive!! (yeah, BIG problem!)... It would be awkward to arrive in a chauffeur driven car... LOL!! C.O. at the gate would think I am some kind of Mafia boss LOL!!!!!!!!!!!