Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Community Corrections Facilities
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Community Corrections Facilities Topics, Discussions and Information relating to CCF & MCCF in the State of California.

Old 03-17-2008, 01:24 AM
Loving My Man

HELLO EVERYONE. MY MAN WAS TRANSFFERED FROM CSATF TO MCCF TWO MONTHS AGO. IS THAT PRISON GOOD? HE SAYS HE LIKES IT THERE. I'VE NEVER BEEN TO VISIT HIM BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE COPS AND IT JUST SPOOKS ME OUT. SO I WAS JSUT WONDERING IF SOMEONE CAN TELL ME HOW IT IS THERE. ALSO WHAT ARE THE COLORS THEY WEAR THERE? THANK YOU
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2008, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil lite
HELLO EVERYONE. MY MAN WAS TRANSFFERED FROM CSATF TO MCCF TWO MONTHS AGO. IS THAT PRISON GOOD? HE SAYS HE LIKES IT THERE. I'VE NEVER BEEN TO VISIT HIM BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE COPS AND IT JUST SPOOKS ME OUT. SO I WAS JSUT WONDERING IF SOMEONE CAN TELL ME HOW IT IS THERE. ALSO WHAT ARE THE COLORS THEY WEAR THERE? THANK YOU

what MCCF is he in? theres alot of different ones.. mccf's are ran by GEO's no cops. they can be cool there.. umm the inmates they wear a blue shirt with CDC prisoner in bright yellow in the back with a white shirt under and wanna be jeans with cdc prisoner down the leg. like hospital scrubs.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:33 PM
HiS MRS.DiZZY FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmercado View Post
My husband is at MCCF, it's like the Holiday Inn there no joke..... the Guards (GO's) are like Target security Guards...lol I HATE THAT PLACE... They used to give me a hard time before, but it's been ok lately, It's not like a real prison there's only 1 staff sargent and the rest are like teenage kids guarding the place. Visiting is ok, it's a dorm setting, three phones and they can talk till 11 pm on the weekdays and 1 am on the weekend. My man says the food sucks but all the guys get along really well. I swear everytime we talk on the phone it sounds like he's at a sportsbar or some shit, I swear...

haha i gotta agree it does sound like a sports bar.. but im guessing it's better then at a regular prison.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:44 AM

Default Help

My husband will be going to Golden State Modified Community correctional Facility from CSATF in a few months.....he was told by others that he had get rid of his T.V. and his fans.....he was told this because something about this new place having limited electrical outlets is this true,?......with this heat it does not make sense..will he be able to buy some from venders?....i will appreciate all the information from this place that you have..... like the visitng status, guards attitude, dress guidelines.........
Thanks,
Vienna
Old 08-21-2008, 08:51 AM
Busy Mom
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,991 Times in 1,085 Posts

This is all the informatio I was able to find on the internet. I will keep looking. If you have questions about what he can and can't take with him you can try contacting the facuility.

GOLDEN STATE MODIFIED COMMUNITY CORRECTIONAL FACILITY
611 Frontage Road
McFarland, California 93250
United States
Phone: 661-792-2731
Fax: 661-792-6131 Contract With:State of California Department of Corrections & RehabilitationContract Award:Contract Award: 08/20/96 (10 year contract with negotiations every 2 years for contract language and finances). New Contract effective 12/15/07 for 5 years.Type And Design:Medium Security - DormitoryCapacity:550 males (sentenced). Increased to 625 in July 2006

CA Moderator
3 Strikes Discussion, In Bull Session,
LAC, SOL, CTF, MCSP, PVSP
Old 08-22-2008, 02:03 PM
Unity Makes Changes

Default Mccf...

I do beleive our loved ones are lucky. As the GV continues to cut. The private run prisons will not be effected by the cuts as they are run and paid by Private Sectors as prison employees.
MCCF has its ups and downs.. Small, to many, food portions are small.
Not enough classes and programs.
I am thankful my son will be returning home end of Oct. He has spent his time after leaving Wasco at McFarland. I have read and feel for those who are in some of the worst prisons with the worst coming if our Gov doesn't stop the insanity..
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting the different results.. Get a grip Terminator.
One of my sons journey is almost over.. My second has years left.
I find Prayer comforting and God Answered my prayers when he settled my sons in to their temp housing.
Visiting is easy.. I wear the same clothes..
Mail is regular and calls are available without problems.
So far..
I can say Private Run Prisons are better than what the Calif Dept of Corrections offers.
Just my opinion..
Experienced many with older son.
Everything from San Quentin to Corcoran to Tehachapi..
By far visiting and supporting your loved one is not so much of a challenge.
God Bless you all and may your inmate be safe.
desertredhead (08-28-2008)
Old 09-09-2008, 10:12 PM

Default My Husband Is Being Moved To A Ccf

Hello Ladies,

I just got off the phone with my husband and he informed me that he was being moved to a CCF place. I don't know what to do If anyone has any information on this topic please let me know whatever you know because I'm clueless. I'm going to talk with his counselor tomorrow but with my experience with the counselors they tell you anything and it turns out to be the total opposite. At least that is what the counselor in DVI did, she told me that my husband would either stay there or be transfered to New Folsom and he ended up in CMC. So I really don't know what to think I haven't even had a visit since DVI on the 4th of July and now he's being moved again

If anyone has a similar experience or any information please let me know!!!!
Thanks for everything Ladies!!!!!!!!

Jennifer
Old 09-09-2008, 11:08 PM
As promised, Forevermore!
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsanford31 View Post
Hello Ladies,

I just got off the phone with my husband and he informed me that he was being moved to a CCF place. I don't know what to do If anyone has any information on this topic please let me know whatever you know because I'm clueless. I'm going to talk with his counselor tomorrow but with my experience with the counselors they tell you anything and it turns out to be the total opposite. At least that is what the counselor in DVI did, she told me that my husband would either stay there or be transfered to New Folsom and he ended up in CMC. So I really don't know what to think I haven't even had a visit since DVI on the 4th of July and now he's being moved again

If anyone has a similar experience or any information please let me know!!!!
Thanks for everything Ladies!!!!!!!!

Jennifer
I'm sorry to hear you are frustrated and not sure which way this will turn out but chances are you could end up in an even better position with your loved one even closer to home (thats the bright side of things ) You can check the CDCr website and it will show you locations of the CCF facilities:http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/Visitors/Faci...acilities.html

From what I have seen, as I have passed the one in Adelanto, they are just prisons on a smaller scale based in certain communities. You wouldnt even really know its a jail until you are actually right at it. I dont know what kind of programs they offer but Im sure his counselor should be able to answer that for you. Hopefully you can get some answers from his counselor and know that someone here might have some answers for you if you have any further questions. Good luck.

Childhood sweethearts, Always!

Last edited by His Brown Suga; 09-09-2008 at 11:12 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to His Brown Suga For This Useful Post:
jsanford31 (09-10-2008)
Old 09-09-2008, 11:16 PM
Still loving my hubby...

Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,199 Posts

Hey sweetie...I'm moving your thread to the CCF forum so you can get your questions answered and more helpful information. Good luck and god bless!!

The Following User Says Thank You to ALWAYS HERE 4 M For This Useful Post:
jsanford31 (09-10-2008)
Old 09-10-2008, 07:09 PM

Thanked 2,619 Times in 1,199 Posts

From everything I have heard CCF's are pretty nice, I think the inmates program better in them than in a regular prison, I wouldn't be too upset about it, it may be a good thing
Old 10-08-2008, 10:57 PM
The Mrs.

My husband was at a CCF a few years ago. From what he says they are actually alot better than the regular prisons. I am hoping he gets sent back to one this time.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:54 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,931 Times in 1,031 Posts

Here is a link with General Information On CCF's and MCCF's hope this helps.
Old 11-28-2008, 09:28 PM
waiting unpatiently

Default Qualifications for CCF

My fiance really wants to get to any CCF. He will be in wasco reception til he gets mainlined and hopes to get mainlined to a CFF. But are there any restrictions to being able to get into one? Or any tips on how to get in one? Any info will be appreciated!

Old 12-01-2008, 10:02 AM

The main qualifications are low points and no medical. They must be level 1 for a CCF. Sometimes they will send them to an MCCF (Modified CCF) if they are level 2. A friend of mine had asthma and couldn't go to a CCF. My boyfriend had pnemonia and wasn't transfered to the MCCF he's at now until he was medically cleared. I hope this helps. He needs to request it when he sees his counselor.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tamitha For This Useful Post:
LuvandLaughsCA (12-01-2008)
Old 12-03-2008, 12:42 AM
waiting unpatiently

Thanx for the info. He really wants to get into one instead of Wasco. Are they hard to get into? Is there room?

Old 12-18-2008, 05:29 PM
Damion's Soulmate

my husband is trying to get into one right now. My husband should be getting level 1 points and he just got his physical clearance and it came back that he passed it. He got 4 years with half and does anyone know how he can get into a CCF. Would like to know soon, he is also at wasco.

CaN sHiT gEt AnY hArDeR!!!!!
Old 04-30-2009, 02:58 PM
bincita

Default What's the difference between CCF and MCCF?

Does anyone know? Which of these is a Minimum Security Furlough?
Old 07-06-2017, 08:36 AM

Do any of the ccf's offer programming, classes or work opportunities? My brother was told that he was going to be referred to one of the ccf's. I am curious if anyone currently has a loved one in one of the private prisons in California and what your experience has been. Thank you for your input and comments ahead of time!
Old 07-31-2017, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinktoomuch View Post
Do any of the ccf's offer programming, classes or work opportunities? My brother was told that he was going to be referred to one of the ccf's. I am curious if anyone currently has a loved one in one of the private prisons in California and what your experience has been. Thank you for your input and comments ahead of time!
My boyfriend is currently at Shafter MCCF. I know there he is taking classes to get his Associates in business. He usually is able to take on a full amount of units.
Old 02-13-2018, 02:36 AM

Default MCCF in CA Clearfield?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybeoneday2019 View Post
My boyfriend is currently at Shafter MCCF. I know there he is taking classes to get his Associates in business. He usually is able to take on a full amount of units.
This is where my Son says he is being transferred to. I have read about the GEO prisons and there I see very little info on these "private" prisons. He is currently at CTF in Soledad. What should I really expect with this transfer, does anyone know? So, the " Clearfield" part is confusing. I can't seem to find one called this. He did tell me he thought it was near Delano where he was for reception a couple years back. Any info is helpful. Clearly he told me "MCCF" and he thought it was called "Clearfield." He's been endorsed just waiting for the bus......

Please help with info!
Old 02-15-2018, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
This is where my Son says he is being transferred to. I have read about the GEO prisons and there I see very little info on these "private" prisons. He is currently at CTF in Soledad. What should I really expect with this transfer, does anyone know? So, the " Clearfield" part is confusing. I can't seem to find one called this. He did tell me he thought it was near Delano where he was for reception a couple years back. Any info is helpful. Clearly he told me "MCCF" and he thought it was called "Clearfield." He's been endorsed just waiting for the bus......

Please help with info!
Hi! There are six MCCFs (Modified Community Correctional Facility) in California and one is located at Delano. I found that when I use the inmate locator.....Google "California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation" click on inmate locator. This goes to a page with all six facilities. So, I found that by calling 916 464 4001 worked best. I tried to insert the url's but this site doesn't allow unless over 25 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to JoeBack For This Useful Post:
Cardinal (02-18-2018)
Old 05-08-2018, 07:19 AM

Default Taft mccf

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBack View Post
Hi! There are six MCCFs (Modified Community Correctional Facility) in California and one is located at Delano. I found that when I use the inmate locator.....Google "California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation" click on inmate locator. This goes to a page with all six facilities. So, I found that by calling 916 464 4001 worked best. I tried to insert the url's but this site doesn't allow unless over 25 posts.

This is where my Son was transferred to. Thank you for the help everyone. At this time I have nothing bad to say about this facility. Everything seems positive.🙂
Old 05-08-2018, 07:25 AM

Default TAFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
This is where my Son was transferred to. Thank you for the help everyone. At this time I have nothing bad to say about this facility. Everything seems positive.🙂
TAFT......if anyone needs info on TAFT ....please let me know. I can't find much on here for Taft!

❤️
Old 05-09-2018, 06:09 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 29,630 Times in 14,857 Posts

Im sorry there is precious little info on the ccf/mccf's.
but when you know any good info......post about it. Its how we get most of our info is from members posting their experiences.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (05-10-2018)
Old 03-15-2019, 04:35 AM

Default My man is about to get Sent to MCCF

What should the expect is there like a procedure that I have to do to get approved for visitation he is at the Espy now and for me to go see him I had I had to get approval from the warden so I sent in my probation officers letter do I have to get approved again or does it stick with him