Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Michigan that do not fit into any other Michigan sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 05-04-2018, 11:19 PM

Default Wish I lived in Michigan. Can't afford to get up there to visit my man.

Wow, I wish I lived in Michigan. I would drive with any of y'all to Newberry to see my man. I live in SC and can't afford to get up there to see him. And right now we are going through a hard time. But in less someone dies or I win the lottery I don't see me make the trip up to see him anytime soon. It's only me trying to hold thing together.So ladies band together and make it happen to see your guys. Good luck.
Old 05-06-2018, 05:58 AM

Thanked 5,981 Times in 3,113 Posts

I am sorry you can't afford it at one time I used to visit my husband every week. Then I couldn't see him as funds were very tight, and I had to decide what was more important either I gor to talk everyday or go visit? Talking was more important, sending him commissary was more important, writing a lot helped and almost unlimited phone calls did too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
Itshardtowait (03-15-2019), MizzyMuffling (05-06-2018)
Old 05-06-2018, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xolady View Post
I am sorry you can't afford it at one time I used to visit my husband every week. Then I couldn't see him as funds were very tight, and I had to decide what was more important either I gor to talk everyday or go visit? Talking was more important, sending him commissary was more important, writing a lot helped and almost unlimited phone calls did too.
Hi, it hard with me living in the South. The phone calls cost me 3.90 for 15 minute. so we talk 2-3 times a week and thank goodness for jpay. Being able to message is wonderful.
xolady (05-06-2018)
Old 05-06-2018, 02:00 PM

Thanked 2,936 Times in 1,790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by linh5555 View Post
Wow, I wish I lived in Michigan. I would drive with any of y'all to Newberry to see my man. I live in SC and can't afford to get up there to see him. And right now we are going through a hard time. But in less someone dies or I win the lottery I don't see me make the trip up to see him anytime soon. It's only me trying to hold thing together.So ladies band together and make it happen to see your guys. Good luck.
I live two hours from my husband and I can only visit once every two weeks. But we talk every day. I pay 320 for a fifteen minute call but we only talk for about 5-8 mom each call just in case he wants to call me again.
I'm the only one holding things down out here to and I have a daughter who's in college so it's not easy. Stay positive though. Hope he's done soon.
Old 05-06-2018, 02:20 PM

Thanked 5,981 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by linh5555 View Post
Hi, it hard with me living in the South. The phone calls cost me 3.90 for 15 minute. so we talk 2-3 times a week and thank goodness for jpay. Being able to message is wonderful.
For almost a year my phone bill was about $500. a month. Then I was moving and my calls were $12-15 each. We never had J-Pay, so when I see how lucky everyone is with that I'm like damn the money I spent on calls and postageI would do it again in a heartbeat and am so glad I was able to do it back then.
The Following User Says Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
linh5555 (05-06-2018)
Old 05-06-2018, 06:02 PM

Thanked 3,049 Times in 1,426 Posts

Jeez and I complain about $2 For a 30 min call. Time to check myself.

I'm sorry it is tough. Hopefully it will get better in time.

Old 03-15-2019, 02:45 AM

Default Trying to get up to see my fiance in ypsilanti Michigan womens prison

Hello iam new here and I have been trying to get back up to Michigan from phila pa where I live to see my fiance in Huron county womens prison. The last trip I made cost me about 800.00 with car rental and room etc. Plus I drove up alone the 9.5 hrs .,but was well worth it I stayed the week and visited every day all the entire visit hrs . Trying here to keep everything going myself is hard and I do talk to her every day or so on the phone as well as emails too. I gave up on trying to find someone to drive up with me at this point and just have to save until I can go again.