Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Georgia that do not fit into any other Georgia sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 09-17-2019, 10:43 PM

Default What is the process of getting into a TC?

What is the process of getting into a TC? My fiancé got 6 years and he’s done 6 months so far. Currently at Jackson.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2019, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmjgirl97 View Post
What is the process of getting into a TC? My fiancé got 6 years and he’s done 6 months so far. Currently at Jackson.
I am following this post. I was wondering the same thing.
Old 09-18-2019, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmjgirl97 View Post

He should talk to his counselor but I want to say you are eligible 12-14 months before max release date. If I were him, in the interim I’d take as many classes as possible to gain pic points which will shave time off his sentence.

Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to SBJOHNSON For This Useful Post:
GaReform (09-18-2019)
Old 09-18-2019, 02:21 PM

Thanked 1,889 Times in 747 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBJOHNSON View Post
He should talk to his counselor but I want to say you are eligible 12-14 months before max release date. If I were him, in the interim I’d take as many classes as possible to gain pic points which will shave time off his sentence.

Good luck!

You're right about doing everything right. Even if he doesn't get PIC points it'll look good when he applies to go to a TC. Some convictions are not eligible for a TC assignment but his counselor will know that.
There was a previous thread with info about TCs. http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=719495

Also here is a link to the GA DOC info on TCs. http://www.dcor.state.ga.us/Division...s/Transitional
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GaReform For This Useful Post:
GingerM (09-19-2019), Lordbew/us (09-19-2019)