Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in Georgia should be posted here.

Old 11-03-2017, 07:11 AM

Default HELP! How can I get him transferred to a transitional center?

Does ANYONE know how I can start the processes of getting my man into a transitional Center? Numbers to call? Who to call? What to say ? I'm so clues as to what to do and need to get the ball rolling ! Also anything about PED and PIC dates ? Please someone help !
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2017, 12:16 AM

He should be able to talk to his counselor inside. What happens is they do a background check, to make sure he doesn't have pending charges along with his application. However, he has to fall within a certain window. There really isn't anything you can do from the outside. Generally, the window swings from 12-24 months from a TPM, not a PIC or PED. So, if he doesn't have a TPM it would go off his max.
Old 11-07-2017, 12:20 AM

His coinciler is such a dbag. Doesn't wanna help at all . I found a lady on the parole board who is working with me . He has to be at his prison he's at for a year and then he can work on getting his referral . Just gunna keep trying and calling untill hiscounsoler does his job . Such a stressful process
Old 11-07-2017, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyyLizzyy47 View Post
His coinciler is such a dbag. Doesn't wanna help at all . I found a lady on the parole board who is working with me . He has to be at his prison he's at for a year and then he can work on getting his referral . Just gunna keep trying and calling untill hiscounsoler does his job . Such a stressful process
Hmm, I know people that transferred places and immediately went to TC. If his counselor is terrible, he can always go over their head to the chief counselor, or the Warden for Care and Treatment. BUT I applied to TC and was denied by the Parole Board because I had a victim in my crime, and that's not something that they ever tell you about either.

It wasn't a referral for me, just an application. If he fits the guidelines, he should be able to reply regardless of his counselor.
Old 11-11-2017, 11:42 PM

Thanked 1,551 Times in 618 Posts

He has to apply to go to a TC through his counselor. It is a process that goes through several stages of approval but it starts there. Where is your loved one located? If you're able to travel, the DOC is having Family Day on the 17th. That is a great opportunity to ask questions of people with the DOC. Tony Kitchens is the head of all TCs & he is at this event most times. You have to be on your loved ones approved visitation list to attend.

Here is a link to Family Day. https://joinnia.com/event/georgia-de...-family-day-2/ It also has contact info for the Ombudsman's Office. They are good to contact if you have questions & can't get answers.

There are 2 good advocacy groups in GA that can also help. One is located where you are in Carrollton. https://sites.google.com/site/reentrycoalitioninc/home
The other is the National Incarceration Association. http://joinnia.com You can reach out to either of these for advice.

Here is a link to a "facts sheet" with info on transitional centers. Scroll down til you see the sheet for it. http://www.dcor.state.ga.us/sites/de...al_Centers.pdf
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GaReform For This Useful Post:
DizzyyLizzyy47 (11-27-2017), Lordbew/us (11-12-2017)
Old 11-27-2017, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaPaige View Post
Hmm, I know people that transferred places and immediately went to TC. If his counselor is terrible, he can always go over their head to the chief counselor, or the Warden for Care and Treatment. BUT I applied to TC and was denied by the Parole Board because I had a victim in my crime, and that's not something that they ever tell you about either.

It wasn't a referral for me, just an application. If he fits the guidelines, he should be able to reply regardless of his counselor.
I've been calling almost everyday . The county camp he is at is so ridiculous , they don't want to help them do anything , they don't want to see them do any better .. how would I go about starting to do all of this ? Like what would the first steps be ? Sometimes I feel so overwhelmed

Thank you for your input
Old 11-27-2017, 11:05 PM

Thanked 1,551 Times in 618 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyyLizzyy47 View Post
I've been calling almost everyday . The county camp he is at is so ridiculous , they don't want to help them do anything , they don't want to see them do any better .. how would I go about starting to do all of this ? Like what would the first steps be ? Sometimes I feel so overwhelmed

Thank you for your input
He has to be the one who starts the process from inside. If you feel you need more help then try contacting the Ombudsman's office. Here is a link to the site that has their contact info http://www.dcor.state.ga.us/InmateIn...sman/Ombudsman
I know you're frustrated but repeatedly calling every day or so won't do anything but get them annoyed at your loved one. Has he applied for the transfer yet? That's the 1st step. It's a waiting game after that & it took my son 6 months to get moved after he applied.