Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in Georgia should be posted here.

Old 10-08-2017, 09:59 PM

Default Question about TPM

My husband has been in a Georgia State Prison for 20 months. October 17th, 2017 he will have served a third of his sentence and be parole eligible. I checked the Georgia parole website and he has a TPM of December 2017. What does this mean?will he be home in December or is this when the parole board will review his case? His PED is this month, October and his TPM is December 2017. So what should I expect.? Confused about what it all means. Thanks for any information provide!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2017, 09:30 AM

Hey, it basically means if the parole board approves it he should get out around that time, he needs to make sure he doesn’t get any DRs. Close to that time the parole board will review his file again and decide if they will approve it. I hope this helps!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsGaPeach For This Useful Post:
brkhobbs (10-09-2017), K6770 (10-09-2017)
Old 10-09-2017, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brkhobbs View Post
My husband has been in a Georgia State Prison for 20 months. October 17th, 2017 he will have served a third of his sentence and be parole eligible. I checked the Georgia parole website and he has a TPM of December 2017. What does this mean?will he be home in December or is this when the parole board will review his case? His PED is this month, October and his TPM is December 2017. So what should I expect.? Confused about what it all means. Thanks for any information provide!
Having just gone through this same thing with a LO with a September 2017, MsGaPeach is correct. Our release date ended up being set on October 11.

Even if the final review goes smoothly, the paperwork just takes time. You may get a pleasant Christmas surprise, but I don't want to get your hopes up. One thing that will give you a heads up about his release will be when the local DCS office calls after they get his case file from the Parole Board. In our case that happened ~2 1/2 weeks before we found out the release date. We knew the release date a week in advance. In our case just about everyone was calling the Board's office dialy. I don't know if I would advise that, but that's how it happened.
The Following User Says Thank You to K6770 For This Useful Post:
brkhobbs (10-09-2017)
Old 10-18-2017, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsGaPeach View Post
Hey, it basically means if the parole board approves it he should get out around that time, he needs to make sure he doesn’t get any DRs. Close to that time the parole board will review his file again and decide if they will approve it. I hope this helps!
Does getting a Dr ruin the chance of getting parole. My guy received a dr while at the diagnostic prison. I pray he hasnt ruined his chances. I need him home
Old 10-18-2017, 08:25 PM

DRs play into the the parole decision making process, but the impact depends on the type of DR and its severity level (greatest, high, moderate, low). Also a moderate DR in diagnostics may not be as damaging as a moderate DR after a TPM has been set. The GDC inmate handbook online lists the levels for each type of infraction.
Old 11-20-2017, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brkhobbs View Post
Have your husband receive a date to be released and how long did it take for him to get a TPM my fiance has serve 20 months his eligibility for parole was on the 15th of November how long does it mean we take to get a TPM once you're eligible for parole that's what I would like to know thank you so much
Old 11-27-2017, 03:35 PM

Did you ever find out if your loved one will be getting releases next month?