Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in Georgia should be posted here.

Old 08-16-2017, 11:29 AM

Unhappy My address was denied one year ago but we are still together, can I reapply

hi my boyfriend and I have child together , prior to his incarceration 10 years ago then we reconnected again prior to.his release
I gave my address over a year ago here in Ga , but she felt I didn't know his criminal history, even tho we are a couple i was denied , so he was sent to puerto rico , to his mom home
I don't have criminal record, or guns, I traveled to puerto rico several times since his release back in Feb 2017, we were told he could change his address 6 months after , now his PO won't help him to move with me.
yes we where young and had a child but 10 years later we reconnect that's why I diddnt know his past but why they would judge him now?
my question we are still together and want to be together, is any way I can re apply for my address. if she felt I didn't know him while he was in Jail, we still loving each other , soon to be marry. how can I re apply?
please help
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2017, 09:10 PM

Thanked 1,542 Times in 615 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorib77 View Post
hi my boyfriend and I have child together , prior to his incarceration 10 years ago then we reconnected again prior to.his release
I gave my address over a year ago here in Ga , but she felt I didn't know his criminal history, even tho we are a couple i was denied , so he was sent to puerto rico , to his mom home
I don't have criminal record, or guns, I traveled to puerto rico several times since his release back in Feb 2017, we were told he could change his address 6 months after , now his PO won't help him to move with me.
yes we where young and had a child but 10 years later we reconnect that's why I diddnt know his past but why they would judge him now?
my question we are still together and want to be together, is any way I can re apply for my address. if she felt I didn't know him while he was in Jail, we still loving each other , soon to be marry. how can I re apply?
please help
Is he on parole/probation or has he maxed out his sentence? If he's still under supervision you'll probably have to fill out a request for an Interstate Compact transfer. Here is a link to the site that tells about the process http://www.interstatecompact.org/navigating-the-compact
If his PO said no, you might want to ask why & if there's anything you can do to reapply & be successful. Many times they deny it if the person doesn't have family or a job/support system there.
The Following User Says Thank You to GaReform For This Useful Post:
Quackenbooboo (08-16-2017)
Old 08-16-2017, 11:04 PM

Must be immediate family before interstate Compact will be approved. Married or family. Also have a likelihood to succeed. Employment lined up already or you having the finances to support for awhile. good luck.
Old 09-08-2017, 08:48 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,998 Times in 1,339 Posts

I suggest you talk to Linda Sheffield, a post-conviction in GA. She may be able to help you.

Last edited by bellisq; 09-08-2017 at 08:50 PM..