Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Texas that do not fit into any other Texas subforum.

Old 12-05-2003, 12:23 AM

Thumbs up ex employee of TDCJ married to offender

anyone else out there in the same boat?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2003, 10:27 AM

I'm not...but we have several here on the board.......

welcome to PTO!!!

kath
Old 12-05-2003, 10:41 AM
Been here forever

hello and welcome
Old 12-05-2003, 11:01 AM
Closed

We are not yet married, but used to work for TDCJ and he is still there. Our love grows stronger everyday.

Welcome. You have found a great place.

Debi
Old 12-05-2003, 05:36 PM
Account Closed

hi & welcome to pto
Old 12-05-2003, 05:40 PM
FREE TO BE ME

WELCOMES

Lenin
Old 12-05-2003, 06:30 PM
My baby is home!!!!

not yet married, but I am an ex-employee and very much in love. Come on in grab a seat and sit a spell
Old 12-05-2003, 11:58 PM

thanks for all your replys. i'm still trying to find my way around this site- its confusing to me. but i sure could use someone to talk to. they've stuck it to us from day one- been waiting 21 months to see my man. they say we have to wait that 2 year rule. anyone know a way to get around that? we've been trying for all this time. i really miss my man soooo very much.

loveintx
Old 12-06-2003, 12:26 PM
My baby is home!!!!

No there is not way around that rule, All you can do is wait. Believe me it is worth the wait. I just got the chance to see Will for the first time in two years on November 23. We had so much fund, felt like we had never been away from each other. The time will pass so fast you wont even notice. Just keep the letters flowing and put faith in God and everything will be fine.

Willsgirl
Old 12-06-2003, 07:08 PM
JOHNNY'S ANGEL

Yes, I am in the same boat. I married Johnny over 5.5 years ago. Back then, ex-employees could not vist. Myself and others, including the ACLU, fought a long 20 months or more to get the policy changed and all tdcj-cid would offer us was the 24 months of waiting. I hope your wait is not much longer.

As Danna said, there is no way around that rule. But, I will glad to lead you thru the steps once the 24 months are up. The ACLU president of the Dallas Chapter, Joan Covici, is referring all ex-employees seeking visitation to me she told me recently. So, I will help you all I can. Feel free to PM me anytime. Blessings,
Old 12-06-2003, 09:13 PM
Closed

Welcome to PTO
Old 12-08-2003, 03:42 PM

IM EX-TDC AND RECENTLY MARRIED AN OFFENDER ALSO! I MYSELF AM WAITING ON MY 2YRS TO BE UP WHICH WILL BE IN JUNE! WELCOME AND IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO TALK,PLEASE WRITE ME,IM PRETTY NEW ON THIS ALSO,I WAS TOLD THAT EVEN AFTER THE 2YRS ARE UP,THAT ITS NO GUARNTEE I CAN SEE MY HUBSAND ,DEPENDING ON WHAT WAS WROTE ON MY PAPERWORK,ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HIS? WE NEVER HAD ANYTHING GOING ON WHILE I WAS EMPLOYEED BUT AGAIN,WHOSE TO SAY WHAT THEY PUT ON PAPER??
Old 12-08-2003, 05:28 PM

I am an X employee and I am fixin to Marry an INmate!
Old 12-08-2003, 06:06 PM
My baby is home!!!!

Hey all just stick in there, it is well worth the wait when you see them again for the first time.
Old 12-08-2003, 06:51 PM
JOHNNY'S ANGEL

Quote:
Originally posted by jojos girl
,I WAS TOLD THAT EVEN AFTER THE 2YRS ARE UP,THAT ITS NO GUARNTEE I CAN SEE MY HUBSAND ,DEPENDING ON WHAT WAS WROTE ON MY PAPERWORK,ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HIS?
If they have anything against you as far as a known sexual relationship with an inmate or records of you ever bringing in contraband, chances are they will deny visits. I have worked with many and hearing of Danna getting visits is the first that I have known of to be okayed. Thay are denying many. It is long drawn out ordeal but well worth the effort and quiet a blessing.

Here is the link to the visitation rules as of November 2002. This is the most recent I have found. You have to have the Acrobat Reader to get this PDF, I believe. Look on page 21 for rules on ex-employees. Or, it may be 22, it is one of the last pages I know. PM me if you have any questions. Here is a Hug and God Bless Ya'll,

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/publicat...visitation.PDF
Attached Images
File Type: gif bless you1.gif (41.3 KB, 98 views)
Old 12-11-2003, 12:29 PM

lin88jon,no,i was never in trouble or called in for anything,thanks so much for your help!
Old 12-11-2003, 07:51 PM
JOHNNY'S ANGEL

jojos girl,

Great, you'll have a better chance of getting on his list. God Bless,
Old 12-11-2003, 11:29 PM
Closed

Loveintx I am confused, in the pm that you wrote me, you said that you left about 2 weeks behind me, from the same unit, how is it that you have waited 21 months? Did you marry a different inmate? Were you married to him when you worked at the hughes unit, and got caught writing to another one? I am just curious because I would love to see my man sooner if I could but of course I can't and would not take any chances of getting him into trouble by seeing him early. I am also confused because I remember when you worked there you were dating one of the co's at the unit? That would have been just 7 or 8 months ago?
Old 12-12-2003, 12:05 AM
Closed

[quote]
loveintx wrote on 12-09-2003 08:41 PM:
hi there! yes i do know you! i'm sure you may remember me- i was the new white nurse that came in- used to date Allen-red haired field boss. used to hang out in ODR- if i'm not mistaken your man worked there for short time with my man? i may be wrong- but did he have blond hair? nice looking- young? but i do remember your story- then came me- they tried to get me but i knew too many people and was forewarned. my man is Mosier- worked in ODR serving- good-looking, always smiling- i'm sure you knew him- he knew you too! so are we talking about the same men?
either way you and i were examples right in a row- i was gone about two weeks after you! kinda coincidence us meeting on here huh?
are you still in this area? where did your man get moved? mine is in Allred in Wichita Falls.
write soon- would love to chat. we never got to meet.

lynda
Old 12-15-2003, 01:26 AM
Closed

Lynda have we lost you here on pto. been awhile, I am still trying to figure this all out, please clear up the confusion.
Old 12-21-2003, 10:04 PM

hi there Kennys Girl! you haven't lost me- just been too busy to get on computer lately- and it would be so much nicer to chat with certain people then post replies where everyone can read. it gets frustrating reading some of these posts- all i wanted was someone to talk to that was in the same way- waiting to see their man- ways to help each other that are ex-TDC when TDC gives us trouble- its diferent for other people then it is for ex_employees- we get treated like crap- even if we didn't even have any contact and just wrote letters- you'd think they have other things to do like look at the gangs, drugs, contraband, etc. that goes on in there! man- if people just really knew what all went on- i'm sure we all ex's have stories to tell huh? write soon- i'll try to get on more often!
Old 12-21-2003, 10:32 PM

Glad you are back. Still haven't figured out, the timing if you in fact left at the same time as Kenny's girl. Please clarify, see above question. Thank you.
Old 04-22-2004, 02:04 PM

hi there! long time since i've wrote to you, but now i'm back and i need everyones help that can! My man and I have passed the 2 year mark and now the Warden continues to deny us visitation- no concrete reason- just wants us to "show proof of prior relationship" - we did but that was 19 years ago- i cannot find anyone from that long ago- but i still don't think thats fair - what about those that had no prior relationship? do you have any suggestions? what is your story? i need all the input i can get- we are writing to the Directors Review Committee and state Reps and media-= anyone that will listen! but i need help from anyone in our situation that is now being allowed to visit and i need details!
if you can help i'd greatly appreciate any help!
Thanks very much!
Old 04-22-2004, 03:13 PM

Does everyone have to wait 2 years? So, I don't know the rules. Is that in every facility?
Old 04-22-2004, 03:46 PM
My baby is home!!!!

loveintx, I wouldnt advise you to tell them that yall knew each other before hand unless you reported it once you figured out you knew him, they can deny you on the grounds of not reporting the relationship. Were yall writing each other while you worked there? If so that can be another reason they use. I just recently got my visits back after going back and forth with them for 2mths. They gave us the not knowing each other before hand excuse, but we fought it and we won. So the advise I have for you is to keep at them and keep tring. And pray alot, ask God to help you out. Persistants pays off in the end.

mj16140: Only ex-employees have to wait the two years.

Blessings