Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Texas Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 08-31-2005, 06:01 PM

Default Visitation for Former TDCJ prison Employee?

Hello Ladies and Gents,

I know some of you out there worked for TDCJ before. This is the situation, I used to work there, they decided that we were having an inappropriate relationship, so instead of being fired, I resigned my position. That was 26 months ago. We just put in for visitation, it was DENIED. Which is no surprise to me. But it was denied by the Warden.

We were not accused of a sexual relationship, although the rumors flew around after I left. But don't get me started on my thoughts of TDCJ's mindset.

My questions is have any of you faced this situation and if so what can I do if anything? I thought it went before some kind of review committee in Huntsville, but I am not sure how we go about that, and what we do to make that happen. SO HELP PLEASE??????

Thanks so much,

Debra
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2005, 08:35 PM
Busy Dizzy Admin
Donation Award 

Thanked 21,579 Times in 5,569 Posts

Debra,
Sorry I can't give you any help with this, but just wanted to wish you good luck in getting your visitation approved!!
Rach xx
Old 08-31-2005, 08:45 PM
My baby is home!!!!

Yes, it does have to go in front of the DRC also, but most of the time if the warden denies it they will go with him because it is his unit, not always be most of the time. I would call the DRC and ask for Sandy and see if your paperwork has made it to them, you may have to write a letter asking to be added. She was a big help to me when I was tring to get added. When I was going thru the process I had to write a letter and send it to the DRC.
But I am going to tell you this if any where in your file states that yall were having an inappropriate relationship or you quit to avoid being fired then they will keep denying you on that, that is one of the things they put in there to try and keep as many Ex-employees off the lists as they can. Good luck and get ready for a fight cause it's not going to be easy to get on his list, they are going to throw whatever they can at you.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:51 AM
Account Closed

I wish you the best of luck...but I agree with Willsgirl.....but keep fighting and hold your head up.......
Old 09-01-2005, 07:15 PM

Thanks to those who replied. Willsgirl do you have a number for Sandy? I will call her. I bet that warden at the time did put that down. That is the reason they gave, was inappropriate relationship. But I decided not to go for the mediation, and I was still on the books when I went in and put in my resignation. It is a different warden there now and I guess I had hoped that he would read the file, see there was no sexual contact, and no contraband and see I was no threat to security and allow me to visit my husband. Someone also said that we could try every 90 days, do you know anything about that?

I will keep trying, but also want to do it in a professional manner as to not make the situation any worse.

Thanks,
Debra
Old 09-01-2005, 07:33 PM
My baby is home!!!!

Just call the main number and ask for the DRC, then ask to speak to Sandy.

Are you listed as a no-Rehire? TDCJ can pretty much list anything as an inappropriate relationship, if they felt you were to friendly with him or anything outside of offender/Employee relationship. Since yall are now married that might help, but they still my say that yall can only have non-contact visits. You can reapply every 6mths. YOu only have like 14days after denial in order to appeal. But you have to make sure they are sending the RO2 form to the DRC and you have to make sure you have your letter on file. That was the biggest hold up I had with getting my visits, they wouldnt send the paperwork and they deceided that the warden didnt need to see the paperwork and filled it out for him, so we had alot of back-an-forth with them, you have to stay on them to get the paperwork moving.