Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 10-27-2009, 02:38 PM
Love Endures All

Default Correctional Billing Services are not my friends!!

I'm so sick and tired of Correctional Billing Services I don't know what to do. Lately I've been blocked more times than I want to be for going over this 90 day so called spending limit. I promise you I monitor all of our calls and our calls our not rolling off like they're supposed to after they hit the 90 day mark. So who suffers? My love one and myself. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! I'm so angry right about now.

Then when you call customer service at Correctional Billing Services you get these non-english-speaking representative that has no clue at all, and it doesn't help that I can't understand a dang on thing that they're saying so it leaves me with no other choice but to think that they don't understand me either. Uggh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not calling customer service anymore at CBS and I mean that.

Now I'm sure I'm not the only one having these kind of problems with Correctional Billing Services. I would love to hear from my PTO family when it comes to similiar issues when it comes to CBS.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2009, 03:41 PM
~missing ninja HUSBAND!~

I havent had much difficulty with them actually

Right now my guy is at a correctional facility- so IDK what the 90 days thing is about >shrugs<- might be for prisons itself.

Do you have a local number to the jail where he's at or no?- That may be your problem. I have TWO local numbers to the jail where my guys at and i have no problem with the spending limit. I (on average) spend about 300 a month on calls. Do to having a local number my calls are only $1.43 PER CALL.

Hope all works out for you babe. Yes billing places can be a bitch, but you gotta be patient and work through them. They feed off of how angry you get I swear to it :P

12-31-08 until forever.

The Following User Says Thank You to MikesBabydoll09 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2009, 06:41 PM
Love Endures All

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikesBabydoll09 View Post
I havent had much difficulty with them actually Lucky you!!

Right now my guy is at a correctional facility- so IDK what the 90 days thing is about >shrugs<- might be for prisons itself. It's a spending limit amount that they give customer in a 90 day period.

Do you have a local number to the jail where he's at or no?- NO!! That may be your problem. I have TWO local numbers to the jail where my guys at and i have no problem with the spending limit. I (on average) spend about 300 a month on calls. Do to having a local number my calls are only $1.43 PER CALL. I refuse to get a pre-paid account and I have my reasons for this.

Hope all works out for you babe. Thanks. I need all the hope I can get!!Yes billing places can be a bitch, but you gotta be patient and work through them. They feed off of how angry you get I swear to it :P
That is the reason behind me not calling them anymore. My talking calm to CBS days are OVER!!!!!!!!!

On another note........ I'm happy your calling plan that you have set up is working out just fine for you and thanks for responding

Old 10-29-2009, 07:38 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 6,536 Times in 3,575 Posts

I've only had a few issues myself with CBS and if you don't want to switch to prepaid where YOU have absolute control over your calls then there are only a few suggestions I have for you. If you think they aren't dropping your calls off like they should, call and speak to a supervisor. I do recall there were a few times before I decided to do prepaid that I had to do this. You might also ask them to raise your limit.

"To thine own self be true" - William Shakespeare

He's home!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to ben's girl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2009, 07:47 PM
Highly Favored

Yea talking to the non English speaking reps are a pain in the %#&!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sisnik For This Useful Post:
Maya2007 (11-06-2009)
Old 10-29-2009, 08:03 PM
moving forward...

Thanked 1,925 Times in 950 Posts

Been dealing with them for a long time and believe it or not this is an improvement to what it used to be...sorry you are having so many probs i know it can be stressful
The Following User Says Thank You to Snowbaby62 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2009, 08:17 PM
MrsT
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,763 Times in 868 Posts

Sometimes I wonder if the ones, whose English is not primary language pretend to not speak English very well.

I went prepaid just to stop the headache with the "over the limit" crap. I don't know where they came up with that -- if people are paying their phone bills what's the beef? It's all geared towards getting people to go prepaid probably.

No suggestions -- I've just grown so weary of this own shebang and had to chime in.
Just who are the criminals here...ya know? The prisoners are the ones who got caught (or wrongly convicted); the scavengers who feed off society's unwanted and their families are a whole other breed.

I'm going back to my knittin' now. Carry on!
The Following User Says Thank You to OneOfMany For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2009, 08:46 AM

They are a pain i only had to call and speak with them twice, not sure what the limit for the 90 day calls are? But I also do prepaid which the calls are just under 2.00 a call. I find prepay so much easier than paying thru my phone bill. and i control most of it. Best of luck, i know the ones you can understand on there suck

Every minutes like an hour, Every hours like a day Every day lasts forever But what else am i gonna do, Id wait forever and a day for you. ♥

The Following User Says Thank You to imissmybaby08 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2009, 08:50 AM
Starry Eyed

Staff Superstar Winner 

Thanked 4,030 Times in 1,887 Posts

My phone is blocked like every other week lol. We only have an $85 spending limit and since I am long distance, we reach it pretty quickly. I learned early on not to call and try to talk to someone. I set up my online account so I can do stuff myself cuz there's not too much the reps can tell you that you can't see for yourself online (and in english lol).
The Following User Says Thank You to Lorraine For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2009, 09:51 AM
Love Endures All

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben's girl View Post
I've only had a few issues myself with CBS and if you don't want to switch to prepaid where YOU have absolute control over your calls then there are only a few suggestions I have for you. If you think they aren't dropping your calls off like they should, call and speak to a supervisor. I do recall there were a few times before I decided to do prepaid that I had to do this. You might also ask them to raise your limit.
I've talk to a floor supervisor. She wasn't much help either. Uggh!!!!!! Far as raising the limit. They give me problems with that also. They told me I had to go through my local telephone company for that. Did that and my local telephone company told me that I had to go through CBS to have my limit raised. Uggh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the suggestions and thanks for replying to the thread it's greatly appreciated.

Old 11-04-2009, 09:56 AM
Love Endures All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbaby62 View Post
Been dealing with them for a long time and believe it or not this is an improvement to what it used to be...sorry you are having so many probs i know it can be stressful
Improvement from how it used to be!!!! Wow!!! Well I need to be thankful and grateful for what CBS is on today huh?

Thanks for your input.

Old 11-04-2009, 10:00 AM
Love Endures All

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOfMany View Post
Sometimes I wonder if the ones, whose English is not primary language pretend to not speak English very well.

I went prepaid just to stop the headache with the "over the limit" crap. I don't know where they came up with that -- if people are paying their phone bills what's the beef? It's all geared towards getting people to go prepaid probably. I agree with you 100% on this.

No suggestions -- I've just grown so weary of this own shebang and had to chime in.
Just who are the criminals here...ya know? The prisoners are the ones who got caught (or wrongly convicted); the scavengers who feed off society's unwanted and their families are a whole other breed.

I'm going back to my knittin' now. Carry on!
Funny

Thanks for the laugh and thanks for reponding.

The Following User Says Thank You to URSUNSHINE For This Useful Post:
OneOfMany (11-06-2009)
Old 11-04-2009, 10:07 AM
Love Endures All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori1817 View Post
My phone is blocked like every other week lol. Wow!! I thought we were bad. You're the baddest. LOL. We only have an $85 spending limit and since I am long distance, we reach it pretty quickly. I learned early on not to call and try to talk to someone. Our spending limit is much higher than $85.00 can you say $360 for the 90 day period. I set up my online account I did this also. so I can do stuff myself cuz there's not too much the reps can tell you that you can't see for yourself online (and in english lol).
The reps I've been dealing with can't even tell me what I see online myself. So figure that one out for me. It's like I'm training them to do their jobs. Uggh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's just so frustrating to say the least.

Thanks for your input though. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one going through when it comes to dealing with CBS. I thought for a minute there I was the one and only one going through this crap.

Old 11-06-2009, 12:37 AM
MRS BG ❤ Thee Original

best thing u can do is prepaid so u dont got the limit - well i dunno how it works newhere else but in fla u do prepaid u dont get a limit --- about getting someone that doesnt help u wen u call hang up n call back is best bet. I cant count how many times ive clicked in their face and called back and got some1 else who fixed what the last person said the couldnt i used to always say GIVE ME A SUPERVISER n it always works too. I wanted a credit back for a call under a minute las week, so i emailed them they wrote back said i had 2 do a complaint,, pshh i been doin this 2 long for them 2 tell me that so i wrote the SAME email again and wha do u know? got a email back saying they gave me a credit for it. just gotta get the right person
Old 11-06-2009, 02:23 AM
Waiting for my heart!

Default cbs sucks a-s-s

I quickly learned how bad of a company cbs was. Google "correctional billing services" and all you see are complaints filed with the better business bureau. I took it as far as contacting Evercom directly in Dallas to search for a missing payment that never posted to my account. What a HEADACHE! And to add fuel to the fire.... those darn reps don't know shit. I learned their call center is based out of mexico city! No wonder they don't speak english.

grrrrrrr.

Easiest thing to do is create a pre-pay account and pay your bill through the AUTOMATED service on their toll free number. If you notice, the CBS website is NOT secure.. so processing payments through there can either cause you to lose your payment (like me) or someone can gain access to your cc info.

~~~~~~~~~Loving my inmate~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twinklie81 For This Useful Post:
1and1makes2 (11-17-2009)
Old 11-06-2009, 09:56 AM
Love Endures All

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGsWIFEY View Post
best thing u can do is prepaid so u dont got the limit - well i dunno how it works newhere else but in fla u do prepaid u dont get a limit --- about getting someone that doesnt help u wen u call hang up n call back is best bet. I cant count how many times ive clicked in their face and called back and got some1 else who fixed what the last person said the couldnt i used to always say GIVE ME A SUPERVISER n it always works too. I wanted a credit back for a call under a minute las week, so i emailed them they wrote back said i had 2 do a complaint,, pshh i been doin this 2 long for them 2 tell me that so i wrote the SAME email again and wha do u know? got a email back saying they gave me a credit for it. just gotta get the right person
I have my reasons for not doing prepaid. I've done the hang up thing and called right back thing too many times to count. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Although I love it when it does work. I'm not even going to touch on the so called "SUPERVISORS" that they have that work for CBS. I agree with you when you say you just gotta get the right person. Lately I haven't been getting the "right" person.

Thanks for replying to the thread. It's greatly appreciated.

Old 11-06-2009, 10:01 AM
Love Endures All

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinklie81 View Post
I quickly learned how bad of a company cbs was. Google "correctional billing services" and all you see are complaints filed with the better business bureau. I took it as far as contacting Evercom directly in Dallas to search for a missing payment that never posted to my account. What a HEADACHE! And to add fuel to the fire.... those darn reps don't know shit. I learned their call center is based out of mexico city! No wonder they don't speak english.

grrrrrrr.

Easiest thing to do is create a pre-pay account and pay your bill through the AUTOMATED service on their toll free number. If you notice, the CBS website is NOT secure.. so processing payments through there can either cause you to lose your payment (like me) or someone can gain access to your cc info.

~~~~~~~~~Loving my inmate~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yeah, I noticed that CBS website is not secure and I don't process payments through them online. I'm going to have to google CBS and read some of the complaints they have with the BBB. Maybe I'll add my complaint(s) to the list.

Thanks for responding to the thread. It's appreciated.

Old 11-06-2009, 11:50 AM
ZACK'Z FIANCE

wow datz crazy i went through the same s***t with them, but i talk to a supervisor about the calls, always save the time and date on your house phone and lock in on your cell. Is the best to give them informtion such as time and date to proof to them for the calls you may drop or ended. Hope you handle asap!
Old 11-09-2009, 10:39 AM
Love Endures All

Default Update: The collect block has finally been removed by CBS.

A great big "THANK YOU" to all of you who responded to this thread. It was greatly appreciated. You guys really and truly helped me get through those long thirteen days of not being able to talk to my love one.

Update
The block was finally removed on Friday, November 6 at 9:06p.m. Thank You Jesus. However I didn't get an opportunity to talk to him until the next day. Boy ole Boy do I love that man. Our conversation was awesome and everything I had gone through in the past thirteen days was worth it. I love that man that I love to call my "Stinky Pot" so much.

Again thanks much PTO family for your support during this hard time.

Old 11-09-2009, 10:48 AM
Starry Eyed

Staff Superstar Winner 

Thanked 4,030 Times in 1,887 Posts

Great! Thanks for updating, glad you finally go to have a call! It's torture not to be able to hear their voices.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lorraine For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2009, 01:55 PM
gj07

Quote:
Originally Posted by URSUNSHINE View Post
I'm so sick and tired of Correctional Billing Services I don't know what to do. Lately I've been blocked more times than I want to be for going over this 90 day so called spending limit. I promise you I monitor all of our calls and our calls our not rolling off like they're supposed to after they hit the 90 day mark. So who suffers? My love one and myself. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! I'm so angry right about now.

Then when you call customer service at Correctional Billing Services you get these non-english-speaking representative that has no clue at all, and it doesn't help that I can't understand a dang on thing that they're saying so it leaves me with no other choice but to think that they don't understand me either. Uggh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not calling customer service anymore at CBS and I mean that.

Now I'm sure I'm not the only one having these kind of problems with Correctional Billing Services. I would love to hear from my PTO family when it comes to similiar issues when it comes to CBS.
Hey, do you think there is any chance you could get your telephone company to call the billing services with you on the line and make it a 3-way call when they tell you that it is Billing Services' problem. I know I read on one site about someone doing that with their cell phone when they were going back and forth that way.