Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison Legislation & Laws
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison Legislation & Laws Discuss and learn about pending legislation or changes in laws that affect various prisons and institutions

Old 08-05-2011, 03:44 AM

I mentioned on my reply that it's mainly about keeping families together some families fall apart when a loved one go away for a very long time.. It's just sometimes hard to deal everybody isn't as strong as others I know mAny men that go to prison and every body leave in there path. And I know many successful happy family stories when they have conjugal visits my dad went away for 16 years and I don't know how I would have done it without conjugal visits. Me & my kids enjoy the time spent with my dad & I speak from experience not what I assume.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2011, 09:54 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,014 Times in 7,141 Posts

Please stay on topic. The subject of this thread is whether or not a bill has been passed or is pending that would affect Family Visits (Also known as "trailer" or "conjugal" visits).
The subject is NOT whether or not such visits are a good thing.
There are several threads on PTO discussing the merits of that issue, this thread is not one of them.
Thank you.

In memory of Mrs. Dragoness

Speak your mind-
Even if your voice shakes

Specializing in pest control- Site Exterminator.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LeBeau For This Useful Post:
HisSoul (08-08-2011), sidewalker (08-06-2011)
Old 08-07-2011, 12:27 PM
Account Closed

Thanked 4,535 Times in 2,021 Posts

Here is a link to info about the bill which has passed the state Senate.

http://auburnpub.com/news/local/arti...cc4c03286.html
Old 08-08-2011, 03:16 PM

The family reunion is still going on in New York prisons. I have one in a few weeks. To cancel them a bill must first pass the senate then be picked up by the assembly. The bill in New York was not picked up. It is a dead bill. The legislature is over it ended June 30th 2011. Now they can pick it up next year but it is doubtful !
Old 08-08-2011, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy View Post
Here is a link to info about the bill which has passed the state Senate.

http://auburnpub.com/news/local/arti...cc4c03286.html

To pass into law it must be picked up by the assembly. Then go to the governor. This bill was not. The legislative session is over as of June 30th. This is a dead bill !
Old 08-08-2011, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoLove View Post
My man will be home in 11-15 months and we were going to get married before he comes home, and have a wedding but although we may not be able to get them(not at his facility), we may get married anyway so he can parole to here with me.
My husband has been in a New York prison for 19 years. This issue always come up. It will not pass through the legislature. They may pick it up next year but it's doubtful the governor will sign it.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:34 PM

Thanked 1,450 Times in 903 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by linzi View Post
hi, which part of Cali? my fiance is in soledad in california and theyve not had conjugal visits for a very long time
I'm in Northern CA and they allowed FV here, but not for all married couples and lifers..
Old 08-27-2011, 01:54 PM

Default Educate yourself on how a bill becames a law !

Again that is old news. YES it did pass the Senate. For a bill to become law it must go to the assembly and pass then must be signed by the governor. This bill has no sponser in the assembly and now the session is closed. Meaning it's a dead bill. It can be brought up again next year but it is doubtful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnysWmn View Post
To pass into law it must be picked up by the assembly. Then go to the governor. This bill was not. The legislative session is over as of June 30th. This is a dead bill !
Old 08-27-2011, 01:59 PM

Default There is a group on Facebook called Return family visits to California

There is a movement on Facebook that is trying to get this reinstated. Restore California visits to lifers. This was taken away in the 1990's because of Tex Watson. He was one of the Manson family and went on to do interviews and talk about how he fathered 4 children during family visits. The mother of Sharon Tate hired lobbyists to pressure the legislature to ban them for violent offenders, and life sentance or anyone convicted of a hate crime. The movement is focusing on charging a fee to the families to go into a victims fund to help get it to pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4cali73 View Post
I'm n northern CA..husband is in Wasco, CA..they get FV's there..I am trying to find out if there is an organization or bill or news on re-instating fv's for lifers?????
Old 09-01-2011, 10:50 AM

Family visits are not about sex Robyn it's about the family bond. A father playing with his child. Reading them a bedtime story. The public likes to spin this into it's all about sex when it's much more than that !
Most of the families of incarcerated loved ones who live in a state that have family visits has long-since known how this important tool bonds the prisoner to their family and community. It is an important part of the rehabilitation of offenders. As research has shown, a strong community support system is a vital element in the successful transition of offenders from incarceration back into the community. Arguably, the most important correctional tool to assist offenders in maintaining stable family relations is a visitation program that allows for meaningful interaction with the significant persons in their lives. Visitation privileges have been linked to increased positive behavioral adjustment while incarcerated and lower recidivism rates upon release.
Before you engage your brain before your mouth and get some critical thinking skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinbanks View Post
Then why do they need sex? Does sex perpetuate a marriage? Is a marriage based upon sex? Are the inmates in prison to be punished or to have sex?

Last edited by DonnysWmn; 09-01-2011 at 10:52 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to DonnysWmn For This Useful Post:
NYHASMYHEART (09-12-2011)
Old 09-01-2011, 10:55 AM
Not active-find *********

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,365 Times in 3,005 Posts

the revocation of FRP bill in NYS did not make it to a vote.

When I was lost--I found PTO. Thank you everyone.

"Pay it forward."
Old 09-01-2011, 10:57 AM

They were never terminated I just went on one. This bill happens every year and it never goes father than passing the senate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramira34 View Post
just a thought also,but me and my man were talking on the phone and he believes that the conjugal visits might come back due to the passing of gay couples being allowed to marry in NY,with that being said,his theory is with there being so many gay men in prisons,they will put up more of a fight for conjugal visits,and in order for gay couples not to have conjugal visits, due to small mindedness or what not from the state,they might bring them back for traditional family visits so that gay couples dont get a chance.
which were both not judgemental and have no room to be,he may have a point?then again maybe not!!
Old 09-03-2011, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnysWmn
Family visits are not about sex Robyn it's about the family bond. A father playing with his child. Reading them a bedtime story. The public likes to spin this into it's all about sex when it's much more than that !
Most of the families of incarcerated loved ones who live in a state that have family visits has long-since known how this important tool bonds the prisoner to their family and community. It is an important part of the rehabilitation of offenders. As research has shown, a strong community support system is a vital element in the successful transition of offenders from incarceration back into the community. Arguably, the most important correctional tool to assist offenders in maintaining stable family relations is a visitation program that allows for meaningful interaction with the significant persons in their lives. Visitation privileges have been linked to increased positive behavioral adjustment while incarcerated and lower recidivism rates upon release.
Before you engage your brain before your mouth and get some critical thinking skills.
Well said..
Old 09-16-2011, 10:45 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,014 Times in 7,141 Posts

Once again- With feeling-

Please stay on topic.
The subject of this thread is whether or not a bill has been passed or is pending that would affect Family Visits (Also known as "trailer" or "conjugal" visits).

The subject is NOT whether or not such visits are a good thing or what the purpose of such visits is and is not... It is also not the place to lobby for groups trying to reinstate family visits in places where they've been rescinded.

There are several threads on PTO discussing the merits of family visits, this thread is not one of them.
Thank you.

In memory of Mrs. Dragoness

Speak your mind-
Even if your voice shakes

Specializing in pest control- Site Exterminator.