Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Drug & Alcohol Treatment & Rehabilitation > Drug & Alcohol Testimonies and Success Stories
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Drug & Alcohol Testimonies and Success Stories Information, inspiration, and resources for addiction.

View Poll Results: How long have you or had you used meth?
0-3months 84 7.93%
6mo-1year 75 7.08%
1year and then some 299 28.23%
why would I do that(never) 601 56.75%
Voters: 1059. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-11-2006, 11:54 AM
waiting for him

Abslady, welcome to PTO. I have seen the direct effects of this drug on people I care about also, and I have had to remove myself from them... it is definitely NOT a drug you want to start or even try. I am so glad to hear that you have been successful in being a recovering meth user. I know it is a tough road, but I have faith in you!! Heaven forbid, there is anything worse than meth when your children grow up!!! Hugs!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2006, 10:15 PM
Someday we'll be together

Angry This sh!t is evil....

I don't want to get off on a tangent, so I'll try to keep it short and sweet. I am a recovering addict, and know other addicts, both ones that are in recovery and ones that are still using. I have to say that in my opinion, this is one of the worst drugs to recover from. I've used a lot of different drugs in my past, and this is the ONLY one I've ever had a problem with, as in trying NOT to do it. I used for about 5 years, and during that time, there were about 2 1/2 years where my usage was almost constant. In the midst of all this, I honestly saw no problem with it, and thought for sure that I was totally in control and could stop whenever I wanted. That didn't turn out to be the case at all. I neglected my bills, lost my apartment, and almost got my children taken away. Obviously there was a problem, I just couldn't, or wouldn't, see and accept it. I quit my regular using almost 3 years ago, the day I got pregnant with my twins. I did really good, was clean for almost 2 years, and relapsed 2 or 3 times, but thankfully I kicked myself in the ass for it and things are okay for me now.
I can NOT stress enough how bad this drug is. Everyone I know, if they're talking about doing it, I try like hell to keep them from making that mistake. I went from a loving parent with my shit together to someone who spent all my bill money just to get high. I've lost good friends because of stupid stuff you do when you're messed up....accusations, bad judgement, and bad decisions. I have friends who are in prison because of it. I have friends who have been in rehab multiple times. I have friends who've lost their children and the rest of their families, because it becomes all consuming, and you don't even realize it's happening.
My best friend and I did it together almost all the time in the few years I used heavily and she changed in to a completely different person than the one I first met. She's now a convicted felon and on probation and corrections because of stuff she did while she was using and stuff she did to obtain money in order to KEEP using. We couldn't even be friends for literally years because of the things she did and the fact that she took advantage of everyone in her path, myself included. We are back on talking terms now, and we spend time together, but when she relapses, we can't be around each other because everything goes right back to the way it was before.
There is absolutely NOTHING in this world that is worth losing in order to be high like that. It may seem like it at the time, but in a sober light, your perception is totally different.
All I can say is that it's one of the hardest things I've ever had to try and conquer, and I STILL struggle with it a lot. I wake up sometimes and can't stop thinking about it, sometimes I can taste it out of nowhere, and there are times when it affects me physically....I've gone thru the nightmares, I've gotten a bloody nose more than once after smelling acetone or something like that, and sometimes just the thought of it makes my arms cramp up and I get shakey and feel like I can't catch my breath. I can't think like I used to, and sometimes I forget things that are everyday knowledge for me.
So that's my story in an abreviated version, and I understand what a hard road it is to recover from it. All I can say is that if you haven't ever done it, PLEASE PLEASE don't, because it can and will ruin your life and the lives of those who love you. If you are currently using, all I can do is urge you to stop and think about what you're doing and what the long-term effect is going to be. If you are in recovery, no matter whether it's 2 weeks or 20 years, all I can say to you is I admire your strength and courage and I hope you realize how much your life is worth. It's always hard, but it DOES get easier, especially when you let the good things in your life (children, school, work, family, friends, etc...) take the place of all that you're fighting against. Message me if you want to talk or know more! Have a great day!

Old 06-20-2006, 10:54 PM
waiting for him

MuhBabyJesse,
Thank you for posting your story and the truth about Meth. You are so right!!! I am glad you have stayed clean for this time, and I praise you for kicking the evil monster meth is!!! Stay strong, love your kids, keep on shining!!! It is one of the hardest, if not THE hardest drug to 'kick'...and you give all who are trying to quit the inspiration to do so!! Again, I praise you and thank you!!! Hugs! Bless you!
Old 06-23-2006, 02:29 AM
Boss

<hides in the back and barely rasies hand>. started at parties when i was 15 years old. first boyfriend (i was 16, he was older) was a major dealer. my daughter saved me, i quit when i became pregnant at 19. walked away from that lifestyle and never looked back, thank god, because i would not be here today if i would have kept that lifestyle. i've seen a few people i knew from back then that i can tell they are still doing it and they look 20 years older than i do.
Old 06-25-2006, 01:25 AM
Yes I'm back! :)
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,176 Times in 493 Posts

I used to and I have to tell you now after not touching it in a good 8-10 years and all I have seen it do to my ex the thought of that nasty wired feelin and the lifestyle that often comes with it makes me ill,I couldn't stand to feel like that again!

Get well soon David! You are in our thoughts
Old 06-26-2006, 07:02 PM
waiting for him

((((((Cali)))))))) glad you have stayed off of it now!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!
Old 06-26-2006, 07:08 PM

Hi,
I am glad that you started this thread, I WAS a big meth user and I went through all of the withdrawls. I used for more then ten years off and on and during those ten years my life was a living hell! I didn't like myself at all and I was VERY unhealthy, weight, emotional, and mentally. Not to mention my physical health.
I have now been clean for 8 years and it is very important to me to stay clean! Even through all the nightmares and through the wanting still to this day it is important for my kids and me to be clean.
My husband when I got clean thought that I left him behind and thought that I was a trader. He has just gotten clean again and thinks that he was the one that was so wrong now.
Using put my problems to the side for a little while and when I would come down they would still be there. It was so hard just to face life day to day.
To this day I still have things come up from my past life of being a drug user, but I now take care of them and try to be the best person I can be.
Really, you can do it and you can really get into life!
Good job being clean! Stay away from it, your life just goes the wrong way on it. You are the one that can change your future no one else can do it for you.
Old 07-10-2006, 05:04 PM
Everyone Fave GoofBall

I think I posted before but yes I used Meth one, crank, back before it became a huge epidimic like it is now.

Old 07-10-2006, 07:10 PM
waiting for him

Well Monkey, glad you are off it now!!!! It is a mess now, meth is a nightmare!!
Old 07-12-2006, 11:20 PM
Everyone Fave GoofBall

yes it is, I sat here one night and was reading these over and I thought omggggg I did Meth and was like wow that was when noone really knew what it was and before it was a big deal!

Old 08-09-2006, 05:54 PM

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 1,161 Times in 731 Posts
Smile

Ya'll please forgive me for being short - BUT I hate friggin meth! As much as my son AND my family went through meth is what did him in. I could deal with smoking pot. I personally don't do drugs but I know so many that would be better off smoking a joint than drinking a beer. But when someone introduced my son -- not just some kid --- my son --- to meth ---it changed our lives.

I've read that it is the most addictive drug!!! More than heroin, cocaine, crack. I don't know if that's true, What I do know is living in our poor Aldine side of Houston it's everywhere. And not just with the kids. I hear about women who don't know any better and do it for weight loss and energy and get hooked! And it pisses me off that these poor young people don't know what they're getting themselves into.

Monkey - You deserve so much credit for getting off that crap and being clean for so many years! God Bless You!

Sorry ya'll - just a parents pain still surfacing!

Janice

"Though I am surrounded by troubles, You will bring me safely through. Your fist is clenched against my enemies. Your power will save me."

Old 08-09-2006, 10:48 PM
child of god

wow...i havent had a chance to catch up with all the threads ,but i hope the one who started this is doing better.....all i can say is through all my drug addictions (and there were many ) i never saw the light and was suicidal...until i hit bottom and cried out for GOD. i have detoxed off many things plenty of times..was mainly a heroin addict/ speed balls...anything i could cook in a spoon (pills ect..) and then wehn i would come off all that on my inbetween NON ADDICT RUNS I SLAMMED SPEED INTO MY HANDS..MY POINT being..alot of never thought /or think we have a problem w/one drug as long as we can stop/but we usually substitute...and beyond any sense of reality.. LIKE I SAID I HAD BEEN LIVING IN A HELL...but nothing like the one i got a glimpse of or ever want to see again..i thank the lord for my recovery thru him everyday...nothing else has ever worked for me personally until i decided to be set free by his blood. its an effort in the beginning..a warfare,,but it is possible...and im here to prove it..after many o.d/s and suicide attmpts.. i hope u all find the peace in your life you can have and deserve to have , no matter what you have ever believed about yourself........YOUR WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!

''let he who is without sin cast the first stone''

The Following User Says Thank You to bondservant For This Useful Post:
hakimshoney1st (03-28-2012)
Old 09-25-2006, 02:00 AM
Brian's soulmate

I have never acually been addicted to meth but i once had an experience with it a few years ago. At that time i wasnt even sure excally what it was. I just happened to be with some ppl who were doing it and decided to try it, totally nieve to what it acually does to a person. I ended up staying on it for 5 days straight. Even tho i consider it 8 days bc it took me 3 more days to come off of it and acually be able to eat, sleep and fuction like a normal human being again. It was horrifying. There were times during those 8 days that i acually thought i was going to die and times that i thought i would never be quite 'right' again bc of the side effects. Not the mention my neglecting all the responsibilities in my life without even really noticing it. Needless to say, I will NEVER make that mistake again.
Congratulations to all of u who are beating the addiction although my experience was one that made me never want to touch it again, i do understand how many can become addicted and how hard it must be to become clean so congrats and good luck to all of u.

Last edited by Missinmysweety; 09-25-2006 at 02:03 AM..
Old 10-11-2006, 11:18 AM

My husband is an IV meth addict currently incarcerated.

I have used meth with him....not for the high - but for him (then enabler I was)

I can let you know of a good meth support site if anyone ever needs it. It has a lot of loved ones, addicts, and recovering addicts.

All of you who have used and beat the demon could help a lot of struggling individuals there.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:30 PM
waitn' 4 luv of my life

I was an IV meth user also I did this for about 7 years luckily I was able to keep my life together and to hide it from my kids. It isnt something that I am proud of but like I always say all of my mistakes and the road I've traveled makes me who I am today. Right now my sister is still using and looking at a 10 year prison sentence for 52 grams that did not even belong to her she is only 27. It is a very destructive drug and takes over fast. I cant say that I don't still have cravings today its been about 5 months since I have done it, I guess it will always be that monkey on my back.

MISSING MY SOULMATE CLUB #16
STRONG ENOUGH CLUB #90
Old 11-29-2006, 12:45 PM

Hello, and congradulations on quiting. I too had a meth problem, i did it for 9 years and got mixed up with a lot of the wrong people and started doing crimes. I got so sick and tired of all the people places and things and was so desprit to quit i sent myself to prison ( I had a warrent out for my arrest, turned myself in and when the judge said probation and drug court i told him i do to many drugs for drug court, so i went to prison for 2 years. It was drastic but i knew if i didn't seperate myself totally from it all i wouldnt be able to quit. I was clean for 3 years and last week i fell off the wagon and got high, but let me tell you it was totally diffrent! It wasnt "fun" like it used to be and made me sick, but it did make it possible for me to be able to say without a shadow of a doubt that i will NEVER touch the stuff again!! It isnt worth it. Keep your head up!! YOU CAN DO IT!
Old 11-29-2006, 08:38 PM
waitn' 4 luv of my life

Wow I hope that is the way I feel if I ever do go back to it. I am so scared for my sister right now she is facing prison time (10years) in AZ for driving a car with a passenger who had 52 grams of meth. I hope this opens her eyes. thanks for your story it gives me hope,cuz if I could I'd probably do it. You are a very strong person I admire your strong will and determination.Pam

STRONG ENOUGH CLUB #90
Old 12-11-2006, 04:45 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

Never, ick, eww. All drugs lead to a destructive path, but some are particularly evil and meth is one of them. I can't stand the smell, the way people act on it, what it does to people once it hooks them....and it doesn't seem like it takes very many uses at all to hook a person, which is scary.

I have a friend who used to have a wife and a kid and a business and now he lives under a bridge and meth is to thank for that.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:56 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBoi77
yes it is, I sat here one night and was reading these over and I thought omggggg I did Meth and was like wow that was when noone really knew what it was and before it was a big deal!
I didn't realize for a long time that meth is crank with a new name. I remember that stuff being around when I was a teenager, but hardly anyone messed with it. Not like now, where it's a damn epidemic.

I lived in the Phoenix area for a while, where it is EVERYWHERE. I saw a woman leave her baby at a bus stop to go around the corner and get high. She just kept on walking after that until the police took her.

I hate the stuff. It took two people I cared about a lot and hasn't given them back.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:56 PM

Hello, I'm knew to this, and I just got done reading what you wrote. I wanted to tell you that your not alone, and thank you for sharing your story. I'm a recovery addict for 12 yrs on meth, I've been clean going on December 23 for 2 years. I didn't think I could ever quit, as deep and funtional I was. I went from middle class, to homeless within months. Each day is still a challenge, but I went into recovery program for 6 months and then went to Transitional housing now I have my own place, my kids back, and have a really great paying job. But like I said there's hope, you just have to be able to fight those demons, and I know from experiment it's the toughest thing to do, You have to have the right sources to continue with your sobriety and let go of the people who you hung around with, I had to do it, and it was hard but now if I run into them, they look up to me, which makes me continue to be strong. Also not only did my kids make a differnce but my husband who's been locked up for 4 yrs now, has also been my inspiration to continue to be strong. Keep trying it will eventually get better for you. Just know that your not alone, and it can be done. Good Luck!
Old 12-11-2006, 10:26 PM
waitn' 4 luv of my life

Quote:
Originally Posted by mia_101
I lived in the Phoenix area for a while, where it is EVERYWHERE. I saw a woman leave her baby at a bus stop to go around the corner and get high. She just kept on walking after that until the police took her.

I hate the stuff. It took two people I cared about a lot and hasn't given them back.
I just moved from phoenix in Feb and you are so right it is bad there my sister and ex are there and are addicts. My sister is supposed to be going to Terros tomorrow I pray she does.

STRONG ENOUGH CLUB #90
Old 12-11-2006, 11:07 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugitiveofNY
I just moved from phoenix in Feb and you are so right it is bad there my sister and ex are there and are addicts. My sister is supposed to be going to Terros tomorrow I pray she does.
I hope she does too. I'm sure there is plenty of it in the Dallas area where I live, but there you can SEE it everywhere - it's awful.

She might need to move to somewhere where it's not in her face all the time.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:40 PM
waitn' 4 luv of my life

That is what I had to do I moved to Ohio and I feel really bad because I was the only person she could go to and now she is all alone. I just had to get away from AZ after my b/f was arrested not only because of the drugs but also my ex husband he is an addict and still thinks I belong to him. Things get crazy and out of control when you get addicted to that stuff.

STRONG ENOUGH CLUB #90
Old 12-12-2006, 09:50 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

I think that area is crazy and out of control in general. In 6 months I encountered drugs (to a much higher degree than where I grew up), gangs, etc. I have no idea why so many people are moving there (except the weather - it's pretty fantastic).

I'm glad you moved and your sister could move with you if she wanted, couldn't she?

I understand the guilt of leaving someone behind.
Old 12-16-2006, 05:47 PM

I know what you are going trough. Its hard to quit. I know i was clean for a year and 3 months. Until i got around the wrong people. And now im babys daddy is doing time for and drity UA and he just out 2 months and i strungly with it and he is more than likly going to have to do SAFP or 2 years.