Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Drug & Alcohol Treatment & Rehabilitation > Drug & Alcohol Testimonies and Success Stories
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Drug & Alcohol Testimonies and Success Stories Information, inspiration, and resources for addiction.

View Poll Results: How long have you or had you used meth?
0-3months 82 7.79%
6mo-1year 74 7.03%
1year and then some 298 28.33%
why would I do that(never) 598 56.84%
Voters: 1052. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-13-2009, 09:32 PM

Thumbs up

Tana, keep up the good work. I used Meth for 16 years and couldn't go a day without it. I've been clean and sober since April 14, 1995 7:28pm. It can be done, and as time passes it will get easier.

Tom
babydoll7x7 (05-26-2009), Josie and Sam (02-12-2009), SugarGirl (03-01-2009)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2009, 08:41 PM

my man got me into meth... and we started slamming it. i was never into hard drugs before i met him.. and now im sitting here alone dealing with the addiction and staying clean with out professional help..but he is in a program in prison. god its so hard.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:04 AM
carole54frogs

But, you can do it sweetie....it's a hard drug to break free from, it destroyed my sons life...he lost 2 sons, when they were 7and9...they are now 19 and 21 He rarely gets to see or speak to them

So stay strong...pray alot...and know that life has more to offer you

Old 03-27-2009, 10:04 AM
Lemon's #1

Sorry,but that kinda stuff was never my thing.

Our little bundle of joy!!!
Old 03-29-2009, 10:19 PM
Right down the line.

I have never used meth and wouldn't know what it was if I saw it.
I'm not even sure how it is ingested or what kind of high it is supposed to produce.
But a nicely packed Philly peach blunt will do me right any day of the week.....
The Following User Says Thank You to mrschetner For This Useful Post:
tialooey (05-31-2014)
Old 03-30-2009, 12:00 PM
ghostsbabygirl

my husband is an IV meth user! he stayed clean for 9 1/2 years and then about a yr and 1/2 ago started using it again. currently sitting in jail and that's one of the reasons. It has torn our family apart but we are strong. I told him "you kicked the habit once and you can do it again but not alone this time". He always had the cravings and could taste it. finally gave in when he got back around that crowd.

we also have a friend who's whole family was either crack, meth or alcohol addicts. Her mother kept her strung out since she was a teen. Mom is currently in prison and daughter was pregnant but finally got busted and now has drug court and routine tests. This is the best I have ever seen her look. Her boyfriend was still using but is currently been in jail for the past 3 mos for several drug charges and they are expecting a baby boy soon and is missing his daughter grow up.

I have never used drugs but did have an drug addict for a father but thankfully my mother left him so I did not grow up in that environment. I saw my father as a teen with all the syringes laying everywhere. not fun! Last I saw him, was when he had gone to VA hospital and was clean. I told him about time! I did congratulate him on being clean but he was on so many other pills to keep him clean, I hope he thinks it is worth it. He lost everything due to drugs and can never get it back.

Hang in there and stay strong! With determination and a good support system it is possible to overcome this addiction!
Old 04-06-2009, 12:20 AM

it is the devils drug. i smoked it for almost 10 years. this april i have 2 years sobriety. i went from living in newport beach in a beautiful home to living in my truck. between the dope, gambleing, hotel rooms, women, i lost about half a million dollars. i could go on and on. i thank god everyday that i was able to kick that habit. it all came down to start living or keep dieing, and thank god i chose the first one....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ivecnub4 For This Useful Post:
babydoll7x7 (05-26-2009), mrschetner (04-21-2009)
Old 04-21-2009, 10:05 PM
lisharon

I smoked Meth for 2 years, and gradually turned to other drugs. My last drug was crack and that was in 2005 I have been clean for 4 years.

WAR EAGLE
The Following User Says Thank You to lisharon For This Useful Post:
babydoll7x7 (05-26-2009)
Old 04-22-2009, 01:46 AM
Staying strong!

I use to do meth from age 15-20 I went to two rehabs before getting clean and ditching all my old friends, take it one day at a time try to surround yourself with positive people. As far as withdraws i had the shakes still do and probably always will i remember before i went into rehab i try to kick it cold turkey i remember my body hurting all over and shaking but i've been clean for about 7 months, I know it's hard to get sober but it can be done. Good luck. Remember to just take it one day at a time!
Old 04-24-2009, 01:06 PM
I Love My Freak Daddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschetner View Post
I have never used meth and wouldn't know what it was if I saw it.
I'm not even sure how it is ingested or what kind of high it is supposed to produce.
But a nicely packed Philly peach blunt will do me right any day of the week.....
I could sure use me one of those. LOL. But I'm breastfeeding my Lil angel and I would NEVER do that. Maybe when I stop.

Old 04-24-2009, 01:08 PM
I Love My Freak Daddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisharon View Post
I smoked Meth for 2 years, and gradually turned to other drugs. My last drug was crack and that was in 2005 I have been clean for 4 years.
I like to hear that. Good for you.

Old 04-24-2009, 01:14 PM
I Love My Freak Daddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivecnub4 View Post
it is the devils drug. i smoked it for almost 10 years. this april i have 2 years sobriety. i went from living in newport beach in a beautiful home to living in my truck. between the dope, gambleing, hotel rooms, women, i lost about half a million dollars. i could go on and on. i thank god everyday that i was able to kick that habit. it all came down to start living or keep dieing, and thank god i chose the first one....
My husband told me they call it Devil's Dandruff. BTW Congrats on your sobriety.

Last edited by Casper's Lady; 04-24-2009 at 01:16 PM..
Old 05-26-2009, 04:54 PM
Love Yourself First!

My man lied to me! I didn't know,but he was using cocaine & Meth!!!
Yes!!! I didn't come here for awhile because of a deep sadness I felt
& the hurt & betrayal was too hard for me. He says he didn't tell me
because he feared he'd lose me.He would have!!!
He used drugs many years ago but swore he didn't use them anymore!

* men are smart enough to know which girls will put up with cheating & which girls won't!
Old 05-26-2009, 04:56 PM
Love Yourself First!

I'm just now able to be here & open up with everyone!
I found out weeks ago,& it's been a nightmare.I thought
Benny & I were soooo close!!! He relapsed into drug use
when I went back to Texas while he stayed in New Mexico
so he was able to hide his drug use from me.

* men are smart enough to know which girls will put up with cheating & which girls won't!
Old 05-26-2009, 04:58 PM
Love Yourself First!

He's suppose to go to rehab after he does 2 1/2 months at the
Licoln County Detention Center in Carrizozo,New Mexico.
I've chosen to try & stand by him,at least as his friend!!!

Old 05-26-2009, 04:58 PM
Love Yourself First!

oooop's I meant Lincoln County

Old 05-26-2009, 10:41 PM

I was using meth off and on for 5 years and the withdrawls lasted a long time I had a hard time sleeping driving watching tv everything even breathing was a task I never thought I would ever feel at home was the most difficult my advise is get some melotonine for sleep go to your local natural food store they will hook you up get all natural stuff get some counceling and find a good support group any kind of self help group helps I am now learning how to cope with life Ive been clean 3 years and finally Im in college I get A's I have all my kids back Im focused more on me and getting to know me Im blessed hang in there its all worth it there is help out there own up and ask for it everywhere dont be ashamed you'll be surprised how it turns out its a long process be patient you will get there.
The Following User Says Thank You to kristie smith For This Useful Post:
retired-37 (07-11-2009)
Old 07-08-2009, 11:58 AM

Default addicted for 25 years to meth

Hi everyone.
I'm 44 years old and have been a hardcore meth addict for 25 years. Smoked everyday for a good 23 years never missed a day. Had to sell it to keep up with my addiction and managed to not get caught all that time -24 years until last year. So now I am going to federal prison for 46 months for a posession charge because I took a plea agreement and they dropped the conspiracy charge of 10-12 years and I plead to the possesion charge of 3-5 years. Kicking my habit was the hardest thing I had to do - after being arrested they made me go to an intense out patient drug program - I relapsed twice and theywas going to send me to jail because I was out on bail. So I went in front of the judge to explain my situation. I told him that relapsing is part of the recovery process and for someone who has been addicted for 20 plus years - its a huge challenge. Its been 8 months that I've been clean so far and will be going to dublin fpc for women next week. I went thru the meanest withdrawals and my god the relapse nightmares I've been having has been so crazy. I get ua'ed about twice a week and I've managed to stay clean because if I get one more dirty I'll be going straight to jail. I shot the dope one time but have been smoking it for all those years. I sometimes can't believe I am actually sober - the drug took over every being of my life and I basically dedicated my life to dope and that's why I don't have any kids today. I did get pregnant on a few occasions but I remember telling myself I couldn't keep it because I was still using. My boyfriend and I got indicted in a huge drug case that involved 42 people but I am at the very bottom of the list because I wasn't involved in what he was doing. He's doing 24 years in california right now but the couple who was at the top of the case got 32 years in federal prison and get this - it was their first offense. I guess it was because they fought their case and lost. So I'm off to prison to do 46 months and in actuality I can accept that because of all my years of doingt crazy things - it was about time I got caught and I am okay with having to go thru this journey that I'm going to start next week. I have a lot to be grateful for today and I just worry about all the damage I did to my body for the past 25 years!! I'm getting old already - so I'm sure I'll be feeling it soon. I am truly grateful that I still have all my teeth!! Lol. I thank god for that daily. Well thanks everyone for all your posts on pto - it has helped me tremendously and eased my mind a lot since I'm self surrendering next week.have a good one everyone!!
The Following User Says Thank You to ibjonzin For This Useful Post:
RoddasMaMa (12-23-2009)
Old 07-10-2009, 10:11 PM

Meth was never my drug of choice but coke was. It is not easy
Old 07-11-2009, 08:37 PM

Thanked 1,425 Times in 886 Posts

I used from 2003-2004. Havent touched it since. I never will again.

hes been home since 12/29/09
&
off probation since 5/28/13
Old 07-11-2009, 10:26 PM
Irrelevant, ignorant & ill-informed
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,113 Times in 521 Posts
Post God bless you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babylove View Post
I am a recovering meth user. I have been clean from meth for almost 3 months. The withdrawl symptoms are getting worse now then in the begining. My drug nightmares are worse. MY mental health has gotten 10 times worse than it used to be. There is no joy in this world anymore for me. Will I ever get that feeling back? I hope so. I had only been doing meth since March this year. If the after effects are so bad from just doing it that amount of time, what are the after effects after a year or more of using? These are all retorhical questions but everyones knows the answers. I was 3 months pregnant already by the time I became unselfish and realized my baby was more important then getting high. Meth is one of the worse drugs in this world. My opinion anyways. I watched my friends do it and the way they acted and treated me while I wasnt using and also realized What the hell was Wrong with me??? How could I let myself be invoved with such an addicting and deadly drug. I will tell you my experience wasnt the greatest, I watched my fiancee turn from a sweet angel to a psychotic demon just from being on it. Hearing voices that told him to do bad things, not thinking he was good enough for me. Suspicious and jealous all the time, accusing that went to far. No one is ever their self afterwards. I dont know if I will ever recover from the drug, but I do know I will NEVER touch it again and thats a promise.
Tana
I am soooooooooo sorry that you have to go through this. I used it once 10 years ago and I stayed up for 3 days straight without eating cause it made me lose my appetite. By the end of the 2nd sleepless day, I was hallucinating and paranoid that people were "out to get me".........who I didn't know....but, I just knew "they" were out there!! On the third day, my body just passed out from sheer exhaustion. I never did meth again cause I remember that fear of the "people who were trying to get me." Nobody was trying to hurt me; it was just drug- induced paranoia. However, the fear was so real that it scared me straight......andy
Old 07-18-2009, 08:09 AM

Hello,
I read your story on meth. I am so glad to hear u were abot to break the addiction. My son is incaracted now for doing meth. He is in St. Joseph Treatment Center now. Do u know anything about this place? He is sentence for 7 years. Sallie
Old 07-18-2009, 08:31 AM

Never have and never will.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:28 PM

not I. From what I have learned from my current bf I am glad that I took my now passed friends advice and never touched it. I couldn't even tell you what it looks like. Very sad today because my current bf is set for release in less than a month and I am afraid that he is not clean and/or will now stay straight. The things I have learned over the past two years makes me seriously question my current relationship. I love him but I am not going to give up my life for him. If he isn't clean he won't be with us for long.

done with this game

Old 09-03-2009, 12:43 PM

Default You can do it just hung in there

Quote:
Originally Posted by babylove View Post
I am a recovering meth user. I have been clean from meth for almost 3 months. The withdrawl symptoms are getting worse now then in the begining. My drug nightmares are worse. MY mental health has gotten 10 times worse than it used to be. There is no joy in this world anymore for me. Will I ever get that feeling back? I hope so. I had only been doing meth since March this year. If the after effects are so bad from just doing it that amount of time, what are the after effects after a year or more of using? These are all retorhical questions but everyones knows the answers. I was 3 months pregnant already by the time I became unselfish and realized my baby was more important then getting high. Meth is one of the worse drugs in this world. My opinion anyways. I watched my friends do it and the way they acted and treated me while I wasnt using and also realized What the hell was Wrong with me??? How could I let myself be invoved with such an addicting and deadly drug. I will tell you my experience wasnt the greatest, I watched my fiancee turn from a sweet angel to a psychotic demon just from being on it. Hearing voices that told him to do bad things, not thinking he was good enough for me. Suspicious and jealous all the time, accusing that went to far. No one is ever their self afterwards. I dont know if I will ever recover from the drug, but I do know I will NEVER touch it again and thats a promise.
Tana
Tana
I have never done drug but I have three kids and two of them were on Meth. One is in prison the other is getting ready to gradutate from college and trying to get in to law school. also I know other kid that have been sucessful getting off meth. So please give a chance to yourself you deserved. My son the one is in prison when he was in meth was horrible when he was high in Meth. and of my three kids he is the one with the most loving heart and a good person that will do anything for anybody. Oh God how I wish that drug to dissapear for ever.
Love
Lorena