Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:52 PM
Patiently waiting...kinda

Default Lead Voter Called Today and He was Denied Today

I was so excited this morning when I got the phone call for the interview. I had been waiting and kept notes by all my phones and in my purse. I thought it went well; the lead voter and I talked for a while. He just didn't listen but also talked back. Then four hours later my husband's parents call and they told me they called to check his status and was told he got a two year set-off. My heart dropped and I felt like crying right at my desk.

I want to appeal the decision but I doubt he will; he'd rather not "rock" any boats. His offense is a 3g from something that happened when he was 16 and he wasn't even the one that committed the crime but was there and is guilty by association. By the time he comes up for parole he will have 18 down on a 25 sentence. His whole life has disappeared and our life together seems to be disappearing.

I have known him 22 years and have been doing this for over a decade. I can't leave him cause I'm committed by doing time with him is so hard and difficult.

Just really depressed right now - sorry ya'll.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:35 PM

Superstar of the Year 

Thanked 4,949 Times in 3,184 Posts

Oh quincysgirl, I am so very sorry to hear this for you. Please try to be strong for him. He will need your support now. And we are always here at PTO to support you. I know this is not easy, but everything happens for a reason. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

[/color][/size][/center]

The Following User Says Thank You to Renee For This Useful Post:
quincysgirl (01-27-2011)
Old 01-27-2011, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee View Post
Oh quincysgirl, I am so very sorry to hear this for you. Please try to be strong for him. He will need your support now. And we are always here at PTO to support you. I know this is not easy, but everything happens for a reason. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
I know it was difficult today because despite how I was feeling about the decision I had to send him words of encouragement. I have learned in life that things do happen for a reason and am trying to keep this close to heart.

Sadly, his mom is in very bad health and has just had a series of small strokes. The concern is that he will not get out in time to spend quality time with her while she still has time left.

His parents are going this weekend to comfort and console him and then I am going the first weekend in February. Now we will work on getting him transferred to Hughes so he can continue his academic studies and work on his third degree. Lori Redmond said she'd take his case this time around so I guess we will hire her and keep our fingers and toes crossed for the next one.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:05 PM

I'm so so so sorry that this happened. Sometimes it seems like it will never, ever ever be over, and it's just a horrible feeling. But every day is 24 closer to the door, and he will be home someday. Keep taking it one day at a time, and keep praying on it, and keep hanging out at PTO. We do know how you feel - when my Hubs was up he was denied superfast too, so fast I was shocked. They sure can't move that fast when it's time to print those certificates for them to get out, though.

We have Lori as our atty too, and I really, really like those folks in her office. They are so kind, and they listen, and they remember who you are and they treat you like you are a human being, which is a rarity when it comes to dealing with anything having to do with the TDCJ experience.

Hold on, keep praying, you will make it.

We are walking down the hall together, babe, one step at a time. I can see the door, and I can feel your hand in mine. I love you. You will always be my Firework.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hallwaywalker For This Useful Post:
Renee (01-27-2011)
Old 01-28-2011, 11:41 AM

Quincysgirl, it seems like our mans situations are very similar! I am sorry that you got a 2 year setoff as well. I sort of know how you are feeling. Except I cant imagine waiting for as long as you have!! You are very strong! If you have waited this long then you certainly are in it til the end. Dont give up. I am considering hiring lori redmond as well. Although with him being a confirmed gang member I doubt it will help. My man needs to do GRAD to even have a chance.

Good Luck next time and stay strong. I am trying- its easier said than done i know
Old 01-28-2011, 09:32 PM

So sorry to hear of this. I haven't heard that you can appeal the vote, but I don't know that much about it.

Keep on doing what you have been doing- you will get through- I can only imagine how disappointing this is for you and him. Be strong- he really needs you.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:08 PM

Thanks everyone for your input! I know each day I have to keep reminding myself that at least he doesn't have a life sentence and I know at the very worse he has nine years left and he WILL come home.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincysgirl View Post
Thanks everyone for your input! I know each day I have to keep reminding myself that at least he doesn't have a life sentence and I know at the very worse he has nine years left and he WILL come home.
I am suppposed to talk with the lead voter from my sons parole board on this thursday. I to am so excited and nervous. I thought this is a good thing but after hearing your story try I am discouraged. How did it go can you pm me a play by play. Is there someting I should not say looking back. I just pray he gets paroled. if not he has 13 months left to have served this whole sentence. His son wants his daddy home so bad it will just break his little heart.
The Following User Says Thank You to missingmyboys For This Useful Post:
keith74mom (02-01-2011)
Old 02-01-2011, 11:10 PM

Superstar of the Year 

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingmyboys View Post
I am suppposed to talk with the lead voter from my sons parole board on this thursday. I to am so excited and nervous. I thought this is a good thing but after hearing your story try I am discouraged. How did it go can you pm me a play by play. Is there someting I should not say looking back. I just pray he gets paroled. if not he has 13 months left to have served this whole sentence. His son wants his daddy home so bad it will just break his little heart.
If you haven't seen it yet, this thread is where we discussed what to say in a phone interview. Good luck!

[/color][/size][/center]

Old 02-02-2011, 07:43 AM

What board is your son under? I haven't heard before that they give you a date that they will call you- so I am wondering.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith74mom View Post
What board is your son under? I haven't heard before that they give you a date that they will call you- so I am wondering.
My son is under the San antonio Board. He is in the Briscoe Unit. I have been praying so hard for things to go good. when I did his parole package and sent it in I sent in a letter requesting to speak with the lead voter befor they voted. I really was surprised when they called and wanted to set up a interview for a certain day and time. I called on Thursday and he said I could call back on the next wed to get the answer and I asked do I call back this same number and he said yes and we will have a answer. well I called on friday but they were closed on friday due to weather. I called the austin parole line today and they said they decided on feb 3 (thur) YES... F1-1... I am so happy
keith74mom (02-08-2011)
Old 02-07-2011, 09:16 PM

Superstar of the Year 

Congratulations missingmyboys!

[/color][/size][/center]

Old 02-08-2011, 05:51 AM

[That's great! What kind of questions did they ask you? Did you have it all written down ?
Old 02-09-2011, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith74mom View Post
[That's great! What kind of questions did they ask you? Did you have it all written down ?
Yes I had it all written it out. When I called and got the voter on the phone I told him listen I am nervous, do you ask me questions or do I just begain to talk, what do you need to know? He said that 3 people were going to vote and he was one of them and the majaroty rules. He said he wanted to know If and he said If i decide to let him out what will he be doing when he gets home? First I had to say well before I forget to tell you, today is his last day of the changes class. and he finished his cognative intervention class and got his G.E.D. Then i started tellling him (this is the short version) he had a home to go to. A car to drive for work and school. A 7 year old son waiting on him and would have joint custody after going back to court. And he would be involved with karate with his son. That we had a part time job in mind. and could go to full time when he has his liscense back and all that entails is a reinstatement fee. That he is looking into going back to school to be able to find a better job. That he has a church family and the associate pastor will be his accountability partner in the mens fellowship they have. This ministry helps men to be men of God and Character. He asked me what church and then said well any church is great. I just kept is positive and said good things about my son and then he cut me off and said well you can call back next wed at this office to get the decision. All I could do is thank him and let him go. I found out later he voted yes and another one voted yes too because thay gave him a a FI-1 YES vote
Y25 (02-11-2011)
Old 02-09-2011, 09:51 PM

Thank you , that was really helpful.