Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Drug & Alcohol Treatment & Rehabilitation > Drug & Alcohol Testimonies and Success Stories
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Drug & Alcohol Testimonies and Success Stories Information, inspiration, and resources for addiction.

View Poll Results: How long have you or had you used meth?
0-3months 84 7.93%
6mo-1year 75 7.08%
1year and then some 299 28.23%
why would I do that(never) 601 56.75%
Voters: 1059. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-13-2015, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriC View Post
I celebrated 10 years off of meth, heroin and crack on April 12, 2014. Here is a little bit of my story. I dropped out of the eighth grade after I got involved with a man who was 21 years old. I had my first child a day before my 16 birthday. My husband was both physically and mentally abusive towards me -we did a lot of drugs together. My drug use combined with the abuse led me to a life that was filled with darkness. I had no self-esteem, I was completely empty. I lived on the streets: in bushes, in tents and in a field that was shared with rats, who would scratch at my tent looking for food. I was in and out of jail-and one day I was given a five year conditionally suspended sentence. I did two long-term drug programs. Upon completion of these programs, I went back to school at a community college ( starting at the very bottom classes) and then advancing to higher classes. I graduated with an AA degree. I furthered my education by getting admitted to a university, where I acquired my Bachelors of Arts in Sociology and a minor in Criminal Justice. I recently applied to law school Please, if you or a family member struggle with addiction there are places to get help-so don't every give up!
that's a nice story very inspiring. i hope lot's of people who have addiction can read this. i remember my friend who have an addiction problem also hes life was a totally miserable but after his family admit him to Drug Rehabilitation Treatment. and now he get his life back and do things that he loves to do. by the way he is a teacher right now.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2015, 06:05 AM

I used meth in high school but I didn't know it was meth. Sounds silly huh? It was "crank" then and it was powder, I never snorted it because I can't stand anything up my nose (nasal spray for allergies are OUT)... I used to put it in an empty Benadryl capsule and take it when I needed to clean my room or stay up to study.

Foolish, but I was 16, only did it a handful of times. I did lots of drugs in my teen years though. I stopped anything/everything when I ended up pregnant at 19, while in my second semester of community college. I was drunk and tripping on acid the night I got pregnant. I used to take acid at least 2x a month. As soon as I missed a period I stopped my partying. My son saved me! He's 23 now, and has never done drugs, drinks only rarely, and never pulled the teenaged crap I did. He's awesome and the best thing that ever happened to me.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:35 AM

Thanked 1,810 Times in 913 Posts

Yes. The world will come back with color, and excitement...it just takes time. This may be a hard read but it helps you to gain and understand the damage done to your brain waves/patterns, and synapses.

http://www.drugabuse.gov/publication...hetamine-abuse

I am so glad to hear you will NEVER do it again. No one can ever understand a craving unless they have been an addict. I was a heroin addict for years. It took me weeks to get clean, after hallucination, not being able to eat, or sleep (not to mention the months it took to feel somewhat normal). I felt like I was going to die, but never did. These drugs have an ever lasting effect and we have to now realize the damage that was done. However, that doesn't mean you cannot lead a successful life without this substance. In those moments of weakness, find a healthy coping mechanism. Write, exercise, go for a hike, draw, find a hobby. Use your support system. Find individuals that are not on drugs and when you really feel like you want to use call one, hang out with one, go to coffee, do something else. It will pass. I still get dreams and cravings but it's been over 10 years. They are certainly not as frequent now and not as overpowering. It just takes time. I wish you the best of luck and anyone else on here who is struggling with addiction or staying clean. The road to getting clean is incredibly hard however it is so worth it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cutepixie For This Useful Post:
bunnybrazell (04-25-2015), Lordbew/us (01-02-2016), Mrs.LadyHandz (12-30-2015), WeepingWillow (04-20-2015)
Old 12-15-2015, 01:07 AM
Donation Award 

Default I didn't know meth was a problem until...

I've used meth for over 30 years now. I never considered it to be real drug, as it was always some we used to "straighten" up. It was only recently when my significant other was incarcerated and in order to visit him, I had to submit to an ion drug scan. The first time I was tested, the red light went "beep, beep, beep" and so I re-tested and still it went "beep, beep, beep." I really love my significant other, so if I wanted to keep visiting him, it meant meth was no longer on the menu. So I stopped taking it. I simply stopped taking it because it was much more important to me to see my partner than fulfill some foolish desire to be high. It's been over two months now, I haven't really noticed anything except, much to my amusement, I seem to be a whole lot calmer and nowhere near as emotionally rambunctious.

I can say I am an unqualified exception to the rule when it comes to drugs. I hold down an important job and function very well at it, am highly respected and considered a model employee. I don't miss work, I look quite sharp, but I am quite pleased to have given up meth, not because it wasn't ruining my life, but it showed my partner how I am willing to do whatever it takes to keep our spark alive. What surprised everyone who is aware of my habits is that after years of trying to get me to kick, I would so readily and easily give it up for love. Who knew?
The Following User Says Thank You to Vorlon007 For This Useful Post:
Mrs.LadyHandz (12-30-2015)
Old 12-29-2015, 02:43 PM

Hello everyone, I want to start by saying that the METH - More Evil Than Hell.
The Following User Says Thank You to goodjamana For This Useful Post:
Lordbew/us (01-02-2016)
Old 12-29-2015, 02:43 PM

I started using meth when I was a student. Methamphetamine has become such a problem for me that I had to quit studies at first semester. I looked like I had chickenpox.I took a look in the mirror and can't recognize myself. I lost weigt. i'm feeling scared all the time
The Following User Says Thank You to goodjamana For This Useful Post:
Lordbew/us (01-02-2016)
Old 12-29-2015, 02:44 PM

Help me please to give it up
Old 12-29-2015, 04:17 PM
Donation Award 

Default You have to want to give it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodjamana View Post
Before anything can happen, you yourself must have a desire to no longer participate in being part of the detritus in meth's wake.

There are no physical side effects from stopping meth. Maybe you'll be sleepy for a couple of days, but anything more than that is pure ideation. Believe me, you have the power to simply say "I don't want to do it anymore" and stop doing it. If you could take hold of your life in this way, imagine how much further you could take yourself. You could embark on an entirely new journey in life, maybe even find what you have always been looking for.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vorlon007 For This Useful Post:
AnarchyHeart (01-03-2016), Mrs.LadyHandz (12-30-2015)
Old 01-03-2016, 09:48 PM

Thanked 1,711 Times in 905 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodjamana View Post
I hope you come back and read these posts. I agree with Vorlon above. You really do have to set your mind to it. Sometimes you need to move or be strong enough to stay away from places you won't be able to say no. I also gave it up years back. I had decided to move away for awhile cuz everyone I knew and everywhere I went. There it was. And in my case it was free for lots of reasons. I did have a hard time saying no at first especially. Then I'd give in sometimes. But finally I realized everyone who was trying to 'help' me til my husband came home had drugs but no food and shitty ass dirty places to hang out in. Are you a woman? Cuz that helped me also....I was still looking good but way to skinny. Let's face it. We like to look good. I'm not even one to care about looking gorgeous or being perfect. Take a good look around at women who use meth to long. They don't look so good after awhile. Much less 20 years. And if you can't keep it together to stay in school or work, do you wanna be one of the ones relying on men or floors to sleep on or whatever else it might take to survive? All those things in my mind helped me get it together. I don't like giving my control away. And I don't trust others enough to provide me with my health and safety.
After 5 years of constant heavy use, when I stopped cold turkey, the only side affects I had were catching up on sleep - a lot plus some, and gaining my healthy weight back. First 2 weeks I slept and ate. Of course my patterns had been completely whacked. Then I was up and running back to work and school.
So I do hope you come back and read these. It is doable. It's not painful. And you will get yourself back. In addition to new strength and knowing if you beat that you can do what's next.
Old 01-04-2016, 04:37 PM

Thanks Vorlon007 and AnarchyHeart for your support! I really appreciate it )
My parents sent me to the rehab center in SALT LAKE CITY. I am here now findingtreatmentnow.com/rehab/local/utah/city/salt-lake-city (Center For Human Potential).
I'm sure I'll stop using drugs and start a new life. Thank you again.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to goodjamana For This Useful Post:
AnarchyHeart (01-05-2016), dime10 (01-04-2016), Zanna (08-07-2016)
Old 09-16-2016, 08:07 PM

Hey Tana, Sorry about what you have to go thru. I wish you nothing but the best! <3

I'm only 20 & I've thought about trying Meth just once but I have never done it & After reading what you wrote \ others - I will never try it.

CheerS!
Old 09-17-2016, 02:56 AM

Congratulations on clean time. I will have 10 years sober this month because of the work I did on ME in prison. There is life after prison.
Old 03-12-2017, 07:03 PM

Thanked 1,451 Times in 952 Posts

Nope never ever ever ever ever!!!!!!

Old 03-22-2017, 05:36 PM
Donation Award 

I was doing it for about a year or so. I had spoke to a friend one night and told her I was having a hard time staying awake for work at night. I could drink 2 Monster ultras and still be tired. So, I had a small line. It was great. I was awake and confident. Little aggro but that subsided. From then on it was just a little bit to full on smoking about all day everyday. Looking back I only spent around 100/week. *Only* Seems small when you can stay awake and work a bunch of hours. Seemed like a nice trade off.

Never got meth face or meth mouth but I did lose a ton of weight. Everyone was complimenting me not knowing I was using. My friend and I had a whole system to stay somewhat healthy while using. Fast forward my bf now husband knew something was off about me but never confronted me about it. So I kept doing it until he actually did confront me. He said me or meth. I chose him. I don't regret it because no one would have recognized I was using to call me out for it. I really only quit because I could start to see the weight loss effect my face giving me wrinkles and for him because I loved him.

Slipped up once after 8 months of sobriety now I have been clean for 2.5yrs since my one time slip up. For the first few months I had cravings and dreams about using. Every now and then I get cravings but have cut off all contact with any of the dealers I used to go to.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:16 AM
Coopers disciple

Never, simply because I know what it does to people and that no one is immune to it.
Old 07-30-2017, 08:35 AM

I've only done it a handful of times. It was fun, while it lasted, but not the sort of thing I would ever do with any sort of regularity.