Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Straight Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Straight Talk The general Ex-Offender discussion forum. If you have done time, this forum is for you.

Old 06-23-2014, 11:55 AM
Kevin - Free Since 1989!

Smile My Time Away from Freedom

I've been in prison for a little over ten (10) years with my last stretch ending in 1989. The following is a re-cap on my time being a guest of the state:

• State of Illinois (Sentence 5-10 years)
    • Joliet Correction Center
    • Sheridan Correctional Center
  • State of Missouri (Sentence 3-3-2-2-2 years)
    • Jefferson City
    • Missouri Training Center for Men (Moberly)
    • Churchfarm
    • Missouri Eastern Correctional Center
  • State of Nevada (Sentence 5 years)
    • Southern Desert Correctional Center
My crimes ranged from Armed Robbery to Resisting Arrest.

Since 1989 I have been free and clear. I have worked consistently since I was released, in fact starting a new job a couple weeks of being released. I have never hid my past from employers who appreciated my honesty and drive.

My "wake up" moment occured when I was getting high one evening in a Nevada cell and came to the realization that I did not want to continue living life this way anymore. From that night forward I have never done drugs or drank to excess again. I made up my mind that I was going to live a free life and all of the old stuff I was into was not going to accompany me into the future.

Once released I made it a point to associate with people that had there life on track. One of the groups that I got involved with was a local bicyling club where I met people that were good people and a good influence to me, not to mention helping me to stay fit!

So to those that have loved ones in prison, be it a man or a woman. It is possible to leave prison and live a life free of it. All it takes is a commitment on the inmates part to make the changes necessary to be a productive citizen in society. To those of you that are taking time to write a man or a woman in prison, I commend you and thank you for your reaching out. Heaven has a special place for you! Thank you so much!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to knorton2016 For This Useful Post:
cornered (07-19-2015), OffenderNoMore (06-24-2014)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2014, 12:02 AM

Cool Ex offender

I was incarcerated at CCWF from 2003-2006, did not like it and learned my lesson.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Imhis#1 For This Useful Post:
OffenderNoMore (06-24-2014), Roscoe1969 (11-15-2015)
Old 06-24-2014, 05:47 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,638 Times in 673 Posts

Wow, I've been on this forum over 2 1/2 years now and never even knew there was a sign in sticky. I suppose it is better late than never.

My prison experience is with TDCJ (Texas), and most of what I know about Texas prison is no longer relevant since I got out in 2000.
The Following User Says Thank You to Real Checker For This Useful Post:
OffenderNoMore (06-24-2014)
Old 08-24-2014, 07:02 AM

I was locked up in TX after probation violation. Since i moved over to NY i had the full treatment if spending my first week in custody on wheels being transported.
Now i'm out and enjoying my life. Will get married soon. yea *excited*
Maxima
The Following User Says Thank You to maxxi For This Useful Post:
cornered (07-19-2015)
Old 04-16-2015, 01:35 PM

Default 33 mos and no more

I just completed 33 months in the feds. FCI Texarkana and FCI Camp El Reno OK.
Saw a lot of stupidity, and to my surprise a great deal of balanced, sane people.

I was fortunate to have a supportive wife, parents and siblings. Didn't see my children for the time bc my ex thought it would be traumatic for them. Tried to understand that, but still can't see how not seeing me wasn't traumatic.

I am contemplating writing a survival guide, who hasn't? Don't know if it would be valued thoughts.

If you had someone in Texarkana or El Reno, I might be able to give you a heads up on them. Made some good friends.

One note - never saw any violence. A silly fist fight or two, but racial tensions were basically non-existent. There were some boundaries but overall, no drama.

For those who are supporting someone on the inside, don't stop. Love them, write, email and a few $$ every once in a while brings more lift than you can imagine.

The mp3 players have been huge. Music heals in it's own way. Funny thing is I saw two guys get more time for having mp3 players right before the BOP issue ones came out!
Old 05-30-2015, 10:30 AM
tethered to reality

Default 6mos at WHV, Mi

I did just over six months in Women's Huron Valley, the only women's prison in Michigan, in Ypsilanti. I was released from their boot camp program on May 19th, 2015.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:59 AM

Elkton- Extortion and Computer Intrusion. Off paper
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Urbanmeer1975 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-29-2015), USPkittie (06-29-2015)
Old 07-11-2015, 06:22 PM

Fci Taft 2013-2014
Old 10-18-2015, 04:10 AM

Fpc Danbury
2013-2015
Old 10-26-2015, 08:18 AM

Served 6 months at Mississippi State prison 2 months at central Mississippi correction facility my charge was possession of a controlled substance I was sentenced to drug court I violated and was gave 6 months a@d at parchman I have been out two months almost
The Following User Says Thank You to Parchman199438 For This Useful Post:
yourself (10-31-2015)
Old 11-07-2015, 05:37 PM

I have served:
1 month in placer county camp.
1 year in Cybulski in enfield CT
and headed to a minimum security federal prison in january for a 3 year sentence.
(judge recomended Sheridan, OR)
The Following User Says Thank You to tpain123 For This Useful Post:
cornered (06-14-2017)
Old 11-10-2015, 09:52 AM
Parolee, ex-drug offender

Default NY ex inmate checking in

I have done 5 years in prisons and jails in NY state. I have been a member of pto for a while now. I am having problems going back into society and I'm missing prison life where everything was decided for me...
Old 03-22-2016, 04:22 PM

I served 4 months for fraud.Going from a shirt and tie to a prison uniform was kind of tough but I was single and didn't have kids. I didn't wa t my family to see me in prison. This was years ago and I've been in no trouble since We all make mistakes so don't feelbad if you are an ex con!
Old 05-20-2016, 06:40 AM

Default On parole

Not sure if this is how I reply but I did 5 years at Lee Arrendale in Georgia. Finishing the last 10 years of sentence on parole, after which I have 15 years of probation. I joined here because my son's father is now incarcerated in GA. I am finding it is as hard to get answers on the outside as it is on the inside.[
QUOTE=David;161159]If you have been incarcerated any time in the past, please sign in here. If you would like, please also tell us when and where and anything else you feel is relevant.

Please ONLY use this thread to "sign in" and not for general conversation. My goal for this thread is to let PTO members know who we are in the event they have questions for us, and for future ex-cons/offenders/prisoners to see there are others of us here.

Thanks,
David (Fed-X)

[You are welcome to be as detailed as you want.. Just your name & where you did time, or as long winded as you like][/quote]
The Following User Says Thank You to Fyfel225 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-20-2016)
Old 07-18-2016, 10:08 AM

Default Hey NE from FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
If you have been incarcerated any time in the past, please sign in here. If you would like, please also tell us when and where and anything else you feel is relevant.

Please ONLY use this thread to "sign in" and not for general conversation. My goal for this thread is to let PTO members know who we are in the event they have questions for us, and for future ex-cons/offenders/prisoners to see there are others of us here.

Thanks,
David (Fed-X)

[You are welcome to be as detailed as you want.. Just your name & where you did time, or as long winded as you like]
Jessica Hamlin York Women Correctional in York NE 09/05- 06/06 and Jason Williamson Tecumseh 2004-2010 and went back to D&E on Parole violation 2013-2015 total
Old 11-26-2016, 10:31 PM

Washington State...Pine Lodge...Growing Marijuana. 1 year 1 day

Conspiraccy/cocaine 97 months FCI El Reno/ FCI Seagoville...
I was old/new law...squashed paper in 7 months..FCI Oakdale

20 year Sentence in TDC-J for poss w/ intent to distribute.

Funny how some folks learn quick...and some of us, like me...are dummies...lol. It took me 3 trips before I actually accepted that it isn't a failure to do well at selling dope...or even slipping up and being caught. Shoot, it wasn't brilliant police work that put me away....it was snitches...lol No matter where you go, how discreet you act...there is always someone willing to tell on you to get out of trouble. Since the day I realized this, I haven't been back, nor even had the inclination to do so... I know how all of ya'll feel..and for me...I just do the next right thing, and do my best to prove the folks that made regulations something to lose your freedom for...WRONG. But, with 16 years of Parole to live down...I thought it would be hard. Actually, it is not...UNLESS, your counselor hits on you, you tell them no...and they seek revenge for the hurt feelings...by making it impossible to finish a program...lol. Oh well, justice shall win the day.
Old 12-02-2016, 08:24 AM

Hi I did 12yrs it in MI and release 2004
Old 05-16-2017, 09:50 AM

FWRC- 2 months
Lowell Correctional- 3 months
Lowell Annex- 3 weeks
Lowell Work Camp- 9 months

I have been out for right at 2 years.
Old 05-20-2017, 01:49 AM

Default texas

i did 2 yrs at the time was fmc fort worth federal, then 3 at coffied unit in tdc. tdc is horrible its unbelievable. two people died one day of heat stroke.
The Following User Says Thank You to thelrenfro For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-20-2017)
Old 06-05-2017, 07:24 PM

I have one felony conviction in New Mexico and was sentenced to 37 months fed time. Spent time in Dona Ana County Detention Center NM, Otero County Prison NM, and Oklahoma City while awaiting transfer to Butner Low in North Carolina. Leaving Dona Ana County was one of the best feelings ever. The guards there were some of the most miserable human beings I had ever encountered.

I thought I was in the movie Con-Air when we were all waiting for the plane to Oklahoma City to arrive. Unmarked 747 lands, and we were lined up in the middle of a ring of US Marshalls holding shotguns. Pretty crazy when you think about the amount tax dollars that are used to fly inmates all over the USA. Better than diesel therapy though.

Oklahoma City was like a Hilton compared to the county jails I had been in. I never saw a guard unless it was count time, mail call or to get soap and razors. I will say that dudes yelling in the toilets to talk to the female prisoners upstairs was amusing. Butner was decent as far as prison goes. Not a lot of action there as it was a medical facility. That was fine by me because I wanted to get through my time without any trouble. I never got in to gambling, drugs or alcohol so my time was pretty easy.

Last edited by jsheets1; 06-05-2017 at 07:28 PM..
Old 06-25-2017, 03:03 PM

Default Heading out

Hello everyone, will serve 5 years at AUSP Thomson. Not too much information I can find. Hopefully once I share my experience it helps others.
Old 06-25-2017, 03:16 PM

Hi I have served my time in the Boyle county detention center only done jail time no prison time yet
Old 07-13-2017, 12:36 AM

Default Federal Prison - Dublin FCI (female)

64 month sentence.

For the first year, I was in the federal jails in Florence AZ, FCC and then transferred to CCA. Spent just a day at the federal hub in Pahrump, NV and then flown to Dublin, CA. Stayed there for 3 years, then got a year HH in Florence, AZ

I've also been in Maricopa County Jail quite a few times.
The Following User Says Thank You to TTTy For This Useful Post:
cornered (07-13-2017)