Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: if you had the chance to get pregnant would you?
yes 888 38.28%
no 1,031 44.44%
maybe 307 13.23%
can't decide 94 4.05%
Voters: 2320. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-31-2014, 01:21 PM

For me personally, I wouldnt do it. We have had the conversation & agreed that we would start a family when hes out & settled. I would prefer going through the pregnancy with him by me, only so I can take it out on him when im hormonal Each to their own at the end of the day I can only speak for myself

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2015, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randys_girl4eva View Post
i was just wondering if you had a chance to get prenant while he was still in would you take the oppurtunity or would you wait until he gets out. but if your boyfriend was in there for life and you don't have that option to wait would you just go ahead and get pregnant?
My response was no. For me getting pregnant, having a child and raising a child is something that we should both be there for. I wouldn't want to go through the pregnancy or the experience of having our child alone. I feel as though those are things that he would want to be there for. So even if we had the opportunity I'd wait until he gets out so that we could share those precious moments together as a family.

Luckily my man does have a release date so the part about life doesn't pertain to us.

Old 01-06-2015, 09:34 AM

Thanked 1,818 Times in 914 Posts

I love this man and he is in there for practically a life sentence. I have two daughters from a previous relationship and he has one from a previous relationship. We have none together. I have thought about what it would be like to have a child with him, as I love him dearly, but knowing he is in there without possibly ever getting out makes me say NO! And that's just me. He loves his daughter and is so active in her life, and he is getting to know my daughters more and starting to play a role in their life. I don't think I could take on a baby right now. I would love to have a child with him, I would just want him to be here to see all the precious moments and create special moments as a family. Actually I made a joke once in reference to sex...but said it as "lets make a baby" and the way he responded was incredible. He had actually responded as if he had thought it over. He feels the same way I do. He said he would never want to do to another child what he has done to his daughter...which is not be able to be present in her life. I finally mustered up the guts to tell him I was joking, but I told him I loved how much thought he put into the answer
Old 01-06-2015, 07:41 PM
Southern Fried Site Moderator on Leave

PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 3,234 Times in 1,154 Posts

No way. Who would rub my feet, run out for ice cream in the middle of the night, and rush me to the hospital????

Seriously though, we both already have kids and he won't be serving a long sentence. If we decide to have one of our own, I want it to be a magical time for both of us. I want him there every second, or I'll pass on having another one.
Old 11-23-2015, 10:08 PM

I voted yes because I love my man and he and I have planned on having as many babies as possible and jokes about getting me pregnant was possible on visits (which I know it's not since he's in a federal prison) but if I did I know I would have his families support through out the pregnancy and with rasing the child so I wouldn't mind.
Old 11-29-2015, 02:02 AM
Wandering

I would, no hesitation. He's the love of my life. I desperately want a child to be the result of that love. I imagine that being a "single" mom comes with a unique set of difficulties, but financially it would be fine. The child would not lack love or strong male influences. There is certainly an emotional aspect that we would all have to deal with, but as humans we adapt. It's just what we do.

He wants to have another child. Since we are dealing with the tdcj, if he doesn't get out there is no way for him to father my children. In that case we will be using a sperm donor and he will be adopting the child(ren). Only time will tell. Next year we will have a more concrete idea of how we will proceed.
Old 11-29-2015, 02:16 PM

No, definitely not, but then again we have a daughter together and I have two kids from previous relationships and he has a daughter from a previous relationship, so we have already decided against another baby. But even if we hadn't decided against it, I still would say no
Old 12-31-2015, 06:26 PM
dehwife1716

Thumbs up i would & i am!!

hello fellow wives,
I would have a baby with my husband regardless of what, you don't know what goes on in jail. God forbid something happens to him & yall have NO kids like think ahead(depending on how long he got). My husband works while he's in there & he send money home. If he wants a child I am going to have one for him. I know its hard being a "single mom" but NOT for all b'cause I was a single mom until I met my husband. I haven't had NO problems taking care of my two girls. I paid for day care & I worked & made sure my kids had be4 I had so it was easy on my part b'cause I don't depend on a man for nothing I gets my very own.
The Following User Says Thank You to dehwife1716 For This Useful Post:
ggandtt01 (01-04-2016)
Old 01-01-2016, 01:31 PM

Default Agree

I agree..... Women are on a biological time clock as to when they can have children.... And many women become single parents willingly and unwillingly everyday.... I don't see an issue with having a baby who has two loving parents whether they are both in the same home or not.... If you are financially able to to make that happen,it could be a blessing for both of you.... Children need to be loved and with all of the other "odd" situations there are in the world as it regards to parentingI don't think this would be a horrible decision...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenslove View Post
yes, I am 41 no kids and Raven maybe out this year if not in the next couple. My clock is ticking.
The Following User Says Thank You to team_bossier For This Useful Post:
Peppermoose (01-31-2016)
Old 01-30-2016, 06:06 AM
Female-xtraordinare

Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 

My fiancée was with me up until my last month of pregnancy. I had our baby in January and he's locked up right now. I'm doing perfectly fine but that's because he had a short bid. If he was a lifer, then no.

Old 01-30-2016, 06:34 AM

Many prison do not allow the "special visits" and even if they did, I would not allow myself to get pregnant while my man is in there.

We spoke of making a family before prison and we agreed that we would wait until he comes home, because he would miss out on the entire pregnancy and the birth and a few of the baby's firsts. He was like he has to be around for everything, and how he would feel like he was not even apart of creating the baby if he was away while I was pregnant.

I so cannot wait until that sexy man comes home!! I cannot wait to start our family!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Janinyc For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (06-09-2018)
Old 03-12-2016, 05:10 AM
Married May 27, 2017!

No way.

We don't want children anyway.
The Following User Says Thank You to Revenwyn For This Useful Post:
choochamy (03-12-2016)
Old 03-12-2016, 08:50 AM

Absolutely not.
I'm a single mom now and there is no way I would do it again intentionally.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TandE For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (08-09-2018), Heismyman (03-30-2016), xolady (07-24-2018)
Old 05-22-2016, 04:16 PM

Thanked 2,790 Times in 1,743 Posts

Well we don't have family visits here in Michigan so there is no way this could even happen but if we did I would say NO. I would want my husband to be home to help me and be here to support me and his child. We were gonna try when he comes home but I think I talked him out of it. Our daughter graduates next year and this will be our opportunity to finally have the house to our selves and having a baby is not my idea of nice quiet nights together.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nygirl17 For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (06-09-2018), xolady (07-24-2018)
Old 05-18-2018, 11:51 PM
Trying to breathe

In a heartbeat
Old 05-19-2018, 04:36 AM
Coopers disciple

No, I wouldn't want any other guys kid.
Old 06-09-2018, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janinyc View Post
Many prison do not allow the "special visits" and even if they did,

I would not allow myself to get pregnant while my man is in there.

We spoke of making a family before prison and we agreed that we would wait until he comes home,

because he would miss out on the entire pregnancy

and the birth and a few of the baby's firsts.

He was like he has to be around for everything, and how he would feel like he was not even apart of creating the baby if he was away while I was pregnant.

I so cannot wait until that sexy man comes home!! I cannot wait to start our family!!

I'm liking this post and i've read many... I think a year old/and or a lil longer.
aw. chica. i hope all is well with you and may god bless you and your loved one. Love this.
Hugs and Blessings.
Adios.
Lead with your MIND + not your heart.
CONSISTENCY..."is key.
loyalty,maturity + respect to his el reina,(his queen)
Without "action" applied to his words, it's not real.#DON'T SETTLE.
Old 06-20-2018, 03:25 PM

I would. It isn’t really single parenting. Sure they’re not physically there but they can parent and teach the kids lessons that you aren’t capable of teaching. There’s a lot that goes into parenting and if you guys have a solid relationship I dont See why not.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ladykrook For This Useful Post:
Alexiel (07-27-2018), Najeli (07-27-2018)