Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Florida that do not fit into any other Florida subforum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 10-22-2018, 07:10 AM
Donation Award 

Default Being bullied by gang members

anyone having issues with gang members bulling for families to pay them or taking convasary away from other inmate ?
What in the world can the inmates do ? , these gangs all need to be put in the same prisons let them fight with each other !
any input ?

Last edited by 51littlemama; 10-22-2018 at 07:12 AM.. Reason: spelling
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2018, 09:44 AM

Yes they do I agree unfortunately it happens every where all over in every facility it's sad they have to fight them or maybe try to talk to someone even if they lose they will earn respect by doing that there testing them to see what they will do and once you start doing and giving things it's not gonna stop I'm in no way condoning fighting
The Following User Says Thank You to ambermarshall11 For This Useful Post:
51littlemama (10-22-2018)
Old 10-22-2018, 09:47 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51littlemama View Post
anyone having issues with gang members bulling for families to pay them or taking convasary away from other inmate ?
What in the world can the inmates do ? , these gangs all need to be put in the same prisons let them fight with each other !
any input ?
my boyfriend doesn't have issues with gang members but he has seen many get their commissary stolen and taken as a "rent". he stays out of everything and minds his business because hes short time and we don't want him losing gain time. he doesn't like seeing it happen but he doesn't want to get involved. if you guys are dealing with this im so sorry.

one day closer

The Following User Says Thank You to MPsQueen For This Useful Post:
51littlemama (10-22-2018)
Old 10-22-2018, 07:56 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 32,968 Times in 15,122 Posts

Prison Code: Hear nothing, see nothing, say nothing.

...and I do hate to say it, but 51littlemama, he's got to stand up for himself. If an inmate lets another inmate take his commissary, or anything else for that matter, it just gets worse. Its a scary thought, I understand that, but things really could get a whole lot worse. I hate this for both you & your son

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
51littlemama (10-25-2018), icj357 (10-23-2018), Sarianna (10-23-2018), xolady (10-23-2018)
Old 10-23-2018, 06:12 AM

Thanked 5,948 Times in 3,103 Posts

Prison is a hardcore version of high school, either you stick up and fight for your self or you will be bullied. It sucks but he has to either stand up for himself or this will continue.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
51littlemama (10-25-2018), icj357 (10-23-2018)
Old 10-25-2018, 09:01 AM
Donation Award 

unfortuntly he has done that and got in many fights , it just seems to get worse and the guards they cant do anything its scary

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post

...and I do hate to say it, but 51littlemama, he's got to stand up for himself. If an inmate lets another inmate take his commissary, or anything else for that matter, it just gets worse. Its a scary thought, I understand that, but things really could get a whole lot worse. I hate this for both you & your son
Old 10-25-2018, 09:02 AM
Donation Award 

he is afraid of getting more time if he really hurts someone or worse

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post

Old 10-25-2018, 04:17 PM
Southern Fried Site Moderator on Leave

PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 3,320 Times in 1,173 Posts

I wish I had some great advice on how to make it stop, but unforunately I don’t. People like to simply things by telling new inmates to just lay low and keep to themselves, but that doesn’t always work depending on the unit and the gang presence there.

My husband rode solo on his last bid, and keeping out of trouble just wasn’t an option. There were plenty of times when he wanted to walk away and let things go to stay out of trouble but he just couldn’t or the crap would continue. I remember one time a guy stole his radio out of his cell. He was literally praying as he walked to the guys room that he wouldn’t find it there so he wouldn’t have to fight - but Lo and behold, the radio was there and he’s been around the block enough time to know he had to make an example out of the guy or he would be extorted and stolen from the entire bid. As he puts it “you’re either the hunter or the prey.”

Your LO is going to have to keep standing up for himself. He can’t stop. He’s going to have to become someone he may not already be to survive. He might have to really hurt someone.

The tiny bright spot is that if he does hurt someone, odds are a gang member isn’t going to turn around and report him. That goes against the code. If you get beat up, you take it and keep your mouth shut.

I know it’s a no-win situation, and it’s so hard to be stuck on the outside watching. Just remember that there’s a light at the end of the tunnel. This won’t last forever. He just has to do what needs to be done until the gangs move on to someone else because he’s proven himself or he’s released.