Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > SOUTH CAROLINA > South Carolina Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

South Carolina Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of South Carolina.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-15-2018, 01:50 PM
Denny91 Denny91 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ct
Posts: 18
Thanks: 15
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Smile South Carolina Broad River Correctional Institution

Hi I want to know if anybody knows any info on Broad River Correctional Institution ? My loved one was recently moved to Broad River in Colombia South Carolina from Kershaw Correctional Instituon which idk exactly why. All iknow is that prison and the dorm listed in “GRN” would anyone know any info inthat specof dirk and what exactly type of inmates are housed there ? My loved one was supposed to be serving 30 days in disciplinary detention in Kershaw Corrections. But were we’re moved here after 5 days . Their Case worker said it has something to do with my loved one wanting and would be seeking medical attention for mental health which I didn’t know and well it was requested . Is Broad River is this somewhere inmates are sent to when they need to seek mental health attention ? Can I wrote them while they are in this prison and seeking mental health medical attention ? Can they revive mail when they are in that specific dorm in this prison ? If anyone could please help me with any info in the prison itself and maybe and idea of what might be going on please reply back to me it is greatly appreciated ! Thanks I’m advance .

Last edited by Denny91; 11-15-2018 at 01:53 PM.. Reason: Added some extra question
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 11-15-2018, 08:01 PM
sass4221's Avatar
sass4221 sass4221 is offline
Super Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

 

Join Date: May 2008
Location: KY
Posts: 5,132
Thanks: 3,426
Thanked 5,703 Times in 2,865 Posts
Default

I moved your thread to the South Carolina forum where you will get more answers specific to your questions.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-15-2018, 08:21 PM
Denny91 Denny91 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ct
Posts: 18
Thanks: 15
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sass4221 View Post
I moved your thread to the South Carolina forum where you will get more answers specific to your questions.
Omg thank you so much I donít know how to set it up to specific forum or threads lol Iím new to posting just states few days ago hsventvlogged insinceci made it back in2010 but thank you hopefully I get some answers
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-16-2018, 04:01 PM
choclgs's Avatar
choclgs choclgs is offline
Carolina traveler
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Carolinas
Posts: 7,277
Thanks: 5,649
Thanked 3,384 Times in 2,369 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny91 View Post
Hi I want to know if anybody knows any info on Broad River Correctional Institution ? My loved one was recently moved to Broad River in Colombia South Carolina from Kershaw Correctional Instituon which idk exactly why. All iknow is that prison and the dorm listed in ďGRNĒ would anyone know any info inthat specof dirk and what exactly type of inmates are housed there ? My loved one was supposed to be serving 30 days in disciplinary detention in Kershaw Corrections. But were weíre moved here after 5 days . Their Case worker said it has something to do with my loved one wanting and would be seeking medical attention for mental health which I didnít know and well it was requested . Is Broad River is this somewhere inmates are sent to when they need to seek mental health attention ? Can I wrote them while they are in this prison and seeking mental health medical attention ? Can they revive mail when they are in that specific dorm in this prison ? If anyone could please help me with any info in the prison itself and maybe and idea of what might be going on please reply back to me it is greatly appreciated ! Thanks Iím advance .

The staff at Kershaw may not have been able to address his mental health needs and he was transferred to Broad River for that reason. You also mentioned he received a disciplinary during the same time period, which could have also been taken into consideration when he was transferred.

You may continue to write him using the updated information. I'm not sure if he's on restriction because of the disciplinary so you should hold off on sending photographs, anything printed from the internet, and so forth until that 30 day period has passed.
__________________
"Waiting is negative; hoping is positive. so try to wait with hope. This will help you remember that you're on your way to something worth waiting for."
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to choclgs For This Useful Post:
Denny91 (11-16-2018)
  #5  
Old 11-16-2018, 05:39 PM
Denny91 Denny91 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ct
Posts: 18
Thanks: 15
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by choclgs View Post
The staff at Kershaw may not have been able to address his mental health needs and he was transferred to Broad River for that reason. You also mentioned he received a disciplinary during the same time period, which could have also been taken into consideration when he was transferred.

You may continue to write him using the updated information. I'm not sure if he's on restriction because of the disciplinary so you should hold off on sending photographs, anything printed from the internet, and so forth until that 30 day period has passed.
Thank you so much for ur info you provided I actually found out my loved one cant receive any mail either due to some type of restrictions heís on for the metal health smh Iím so heartbroken itís got me so stressed that i havenít spoken or seen or know of anything in over a month and half 😔 would you or anyone else reading this know if I would be able to speak to someone that maybe could help in this situation like the prison chaplain ? Would anyone know if family can request a chaplain to be sent to pay them a visit even if they are on 24 hour watch due to self harm ? Please any info would be truly appreciated thanks in advance !
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-17-2018, 11:44 AM
choclgs's Avatar
choclgs choclgs is offline
Carolina traveler
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Carolinas
Posts: 7,277
Thanks: 5,649
Thanked 3,384 Times in 2,369 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny91 View Post
Thank you so much for ur info you provided I actually found out my loved one cant receive any mail either due to some type of restrictions heís on for the metal health smh Iím so heartbroken itís got me so stressed that i havenít spoken or seen or know of anything in over a month and half 😔 would you or anyone else reading this know if I would be able to speak to someone that maybe could help in this situation like the prison chaplain ? Would anyone know if family can request a chaplain to be sent to pay them a visit even if they are on 24 hour watch due to self harm ? Please any info would be truly appreciated thanks in advance !
You can have the prison chaplain let him know that you are thinking of him and you'll write when they allow him to receive mail.

You can find the name of the chaplain here:
http://www.doc.sc.gov/programs/volunteers.html

It's best to call between 8:30 and 4:00 as they may not have voicemail for their offices.

Because he's under such restrictive circumstances and he committed a policy violation, you will have to wait until the matters have been resolved.

This has to be something very serious because mail is usually allowed, even when someone is on lockup or in the infirmary. I know it's hard, yet that's about all you can do in this circumstance.
__________________
"Waiting is negative; hoping is positive. so try to wait with hope. This will help you remember that you're on your way to something worth waiting for."
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to choclgs For This Useful Post:
Denny91 (11-17-2018), safran (11-17-2018)
  #7  
Old 11-17-2018, 03:11 PM
Denny91 Denny91 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ct
Posts: 18
Thanks: 15
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by choclgs View Post
You can have the prison chaplain let him know that you are thinking of him and you'll write when they allow him to receive mail.

You can find the name of the chaplain here:

It's best to call between 8:30 and 4:00 as they may not have voicemail for their offices.

Because he's under such restrictive circumstances and he committed a policy violation, you will have to wait until the matters have been resolved.

This has to be something very serious because mail is usually allowed, even when someone is on lockup or in the infirmary. I know it's hard, yet that's about all you can do in this circumstance.

Yes it is very hard on me I was so used to talking with him very single day and now itís been almost 2 months I donít hear or see him 😢now when I contact the prison for he chaplain do I contact the chaplain directly and the chaplain from the Broad River or the one from kershaw where he was previously ? Iím so stressed due to all of this I just want him to get btter soon . I ha don clue any of this was going in with him I feel like Iíve failed him in so many ways I should of seen the signs 😢
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-18-2018, 06:11 PM
choclgs's Avatar
choclgs choclgs is offline
Carolina traveler
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Carolinas
Posts: 7,277
Thanks: 5,649
Thanked 3,384 Times in 2,369 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny91 View Post
Yes it is very hard on me I was so used to talking with him very single day and now itís been almost 2 months I donít hear or see him 😢now when I contact the prison for he chaplain do I contact the chaplain directly and the chaplain from the Broad River or the one from kershaw where he was previously ? Iím so stressed due to all of this I just want him to get btter soon . I ha don clue any of this was going in with him I feel like Iíve failed him in so many ways I should of seen the signs 😢
You call the number for the chaplain at Broad River. Most are in their offices during the day but you may have to try calling back if you don't get an answer.
__________________
"Waiting is negative; hoping is positive. so try to wait with hope. This will help you remember that you're on your way to something worth waiting for."
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to choclgs For This Useful Post:
Denny91 (11-18-2018)
  #9  
Old 11-18-2018, 09:02 PM
Denny91 Denny91 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ct
Posts: 18
Thanks: 15
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by choclgs View Post
You call the number for the chaplain at Broad River. Most are in their offices during the day but you may have to try calling back if you don't get an answer.
Thank you so much I will do hopefully it eithks Iíll keep the forum updated with the outcome whether good or bad maybe my story nd you guys answer could help another ❤️😊
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
broad river, level 3 care, medical attention, mental health, scdc

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Broad River Correctional Institution (Level 3) Kahlan South Carolina Prison and Jail Specific Discussions 75 05-10-2011 10:21 PM
What is visitation like at Broad River Correctional Institution? Itsallworthit South Carolina Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail 5 07-11-2008 02:57 AM
Broad River Correctional Institution LOCKDOWN zellie South Carolina Prison and Jail Specific Discussions 8 07-24-2006 05:46 AM
Broad River Correctional Institution Brookie South Carolina News & Events 0 01-16-2004 01:12 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:26 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics