Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Wives & Girlfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wives & Girlfriends in Prison For everyone who has a wife, girlfriend, or female partner incarcerated.

Old 04-04-2008, 07:47 PM
Banned

Default Introductions

Welcome to the Wives & Girlfriends Forum

This is one of the fastest growing forums on PTO, thanks to a lot of great guys and gals. We have our serious moments but also keep it light with humor and a little nonsense. Please take this moment to introduce yourself to our little corner. Tell us something about yourself, what brought you to PTO, and anything you would like to share. Welcome one and all and come back to see us.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2008, 07:50 PM
Banned

Hi, I am known as Krummy. My wife is in Bryan Federal Prison Camp in Bryan Texas.(Imagine that Bryan FPC in Bryan). That is what prompted us to PTO before she had to SS. We found PTO quite by accident just searching the web for any information on Bryan. She has been there 15 months now and we have 21 more. I love this place. It is a great site.
I welcome anyone and everyone who comes to our little corner here.

Last edited by krummy; 04-06-2008 at 08:03 PM..
Old 04-04-2008, 08:32 PM

Hi my name is Metro, I'm a Pisces and I never wear white shoes after Labor Day. In my spare time I like to put out oil well fires and rescue abandoned Peeps and Marmots. I make a killer Tofu Turkey for Thanksgiving. I think that people that do not like Popcorn are Pod People.

I stumbled upon PTO and glad I did. My wife has a rather long sentnece and I have learned a lot from here and the wonderful people that inhabit it.
The Following User Says Thank You to metro3480 For This Useful Post:
Guilty (07-13-2016)
Old 04-04-2008, 09:25 PM
---------------
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,489 Times in 3,829 Posts

My fiance is incarcerated in a medium facility in NY. I am one of the odd women who frequent this forum because of the perfect mix of support, concern, humor, controlled insanity, intelligence and genuine camaradarie. This lil corner of PTO (which grows ever more popular by the day) is one of my favorite havens...a breath of fresh air. I love all of PTO, but I have developed an unforseen addiction to the W&G forum.
Hi. My name is goldenglove, and I am a poster in W&G.
(As long as I'm never the posterchild...I'm cool)
Old 04-04-2008, 09:41 PM

My girlfriend is stuck in Lowell CI in Florida. She is my girlfriend, my best friend, my soulmate, my heart, and all of the above! She got sent to the hole, and I found PTO while searching for information about that kind of situation. The people in this forum are truly genuine and have been a godsend to me and my sanity during this ordeal. In 4 years of incarceration, I've never known anyone that was sharing the same experience that I am. Thank you all!
Old 04-04-2008, 09:49 PM
---------------
Donation Award 

Welcome Nick! I'm sorry to hear that she is in the hole. That makes things so much harder for both of you. I don't know if you had shared that yet...if so, I missed it and I apologize.
You have come to the best place for support (PTO) and the craziest place to keep your sanity (W&G). You're in good company, for sure. I guarantee.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:03 PM

Default My wife of 14 years is Kay

that, I assume, would make me "Kay's man 4ever".

At least, that is what my driver's license says.

Kay is awaiting sentencing and is facing 0 to 10 years more in Fed time.

We just finished up her California time, so it is time to give the Feds a chance to enjoy her company.

When she is not in the hole, AD Seg, or just disciplinary seg, she is behind bullet proof glass. During visits, that protects at least one of us.

She is in her seventh (7th) facility (county, State, Fed/BOP, county/under contract to Fed/BOP, etc) in about 2 years.

You can say she has not finished Dale Carnegie's classic book "How to win friends and influence people".

As for me, I writing a book about my experiences entitled, "How to see Southern California on $1 a day, the Bureau of Prisons way!".

So much for me.

Jack
(I assume I get custody of Kay after the DOC does.)

Last edited by Kay's man 4ever; 04-07-2008 at 10:05 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Kay's man 4ever For This Useful Post:
ilovemygf1978 (05-31-2011)
Old 04-08-2008, 03:01 PM

Thanked 4,963 Times in 2,974 Posts

I haven't posted here much but I like to drop by so I guess I'll do an intro. My wife will soon complete the second of a five year hitch in a Texas prison. PTO was really a life saver for me when I had no clue what to do or where to go. Now, there is no small crowd of folks that might claim that nothing has changed in that respect but don't y'all pay no never mind to them. PTO has been a great help and these days I do what I can to return the favor.

Last edited by RobinsMan; 04-08-2008 at 03:02 PM..
Old 04-08-2008, 08:33 PM
Banned

Glad you stopped my Robinsman. It was good to see you here again.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:29 PM
Banned

name is jsnake......short for jake the snake, from the years in the military(one bad ass lean mean fighting machine, but now a tubby mean fighting machine).Born in the year 1958...cancer on the cusp of leo.
normal military childhood. Graduated with Honors in High School.
Enlisted in Army while in high school, the day after graduation, on a bus to Basic Camp. Honors at Basic.
Advanced Training..Airborne, Rangers....year later, transferred to Presidential Honor Guard In D.C.....performed funerals for Joe Louis, General Omar Bradley and was a Tomb Guard for 8 months.
Left the Military after 4 years, a E6.
Regular mundane jobs for years with a marriage or two in between...all diasters with them having affairs.
I got involved helping the SO out of doing the right thing to do and nothing else but of course it turned or appeared to me into more....feelings get hurt, trust is broken yet still supporting the SO, cus its the right thing to do.She is about to get out soon, so the probation folks say, she says she will move to me, yhet i know from my soureces this is not likely due to her other contacts which she doenst know i know of. I been doing this for 11 + years and until she is outfrom those walls, i continue but then i will be free also...finally

Last edited by jsnake; 04-21-2008 at 07:32 PM..
Old 05-23-2008, 01:15 PM
AZ Husband of a TX inmate

Well, I been her a little while now, most of you know the story, doing the second round of a battle that started a year ago.

Name is Rob a.k. WifejailedinAZ, but actually I am in AZ and she is jailed in TX. Mid 40's, a Cancer. former USAF, but that's been 20 some odd years now. In the I.T. industry for 23 years now. Benn through Health Care and Legal industries for years. Currently back in health care, wish I was in Legal right now though.

Husband, father, step father, step grand dad now too.... She is my life, my light and my reason for living each and every day. We just started (03-20-08) a 2.5 year minimum stint of a possible 10. We'll fight the good fights now to make that as short as possible. PTO and all of you guys have been my rope that anchors me to my sanity, and I will do my best to be the same for all of you if there is ever anything you need.
"Husbands, take good care of your wives. They are weaker than you. So treat them with respect. Honor them as those who will share with you the gracious gift of life. Then nothing will stand in the way of your prayers."

Old 05-31-2008, 12:58 AM
LOVE U DADDY ALWAY!

So this is where the guys hang out.... These women are lucky to have you all.... PEACE

Hold fast to dreams,

for if dreams die,

life is a broken winged
bird that cannot fly.
-Langston Hughes
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LADYCEE For This Useful Post:
krummy (08-23-2008), mikeq (09-14-2012), WifejailedinAZ (05-31-2008)
Old 05-31-2008, 01:46 AM

Talking Welcome

thank you and welome to WGIP, we love having you ladies come by and chime in giving us the female perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LADYCEE View Post
So this is where the guys hang out.... These women are lucky to have you all.... PEACE
"Husbands, take good care of your wives. They are weaker than you. So treat them with respect. Honor them as those who will share with you the gracious gift of life. Then nothing will stand in the way of your prayers."

Old 05-31-2008, 05:43 PM
BIGBURT

I'll throw my name into the middle of this. My name is Curtis, everybody calls me BigBurt, an old nickname from years of playing basketball. Spent years in the Navy as a crew chief in a jet most called a "Whale" (others called "All 3 Dead"). Then it was the Airline industry, took a buyout in 92. Started my own landscape business, went from "high tech to low tech", you don't get any lower than dirt! My girlfriend has been in and out of jail the last two years, it all finally caught up with her. She has been in prison in California since early March of this year. She will get out of CIW in November of this year and I hope we will never pass this way again. PTO has been the greatest and all of you have been the best. I always say "If you work it, you can turn a negative into a positive", that is exactly what I intend to do! The best to all. BigBurtChino
Old 06-01-2008, 02:48 PM

Hey BigBurt,

Thanks for sharing that. Small world, I was also a crew chief, USAF f-15's. After leaving the USAF the Airline industry back home (south Florida) was a mess. Frank Lorenzo had bought Eastern Airlines and the unemployment in the industry had sky rocketed. Considered a contract with McDonald Douglas in Saudi, then decided I had been gone from home long enough. Finished up my degree, and ended up in I.T. Been doing that since, 23 years coming up.

Spent most of my time at a Major Hospital/University system, then left to start my own Company, that was short lived as I was basically swallowed up by the Competition, worked for them a few more years in the Legal Industry. Met Debbie (my wife) and after a few years she really was needing to move back home for family reasons, that took me out to TX. Landed with the Firm I am with now, a cpl years later they send me out to AZ. Then all this mess started. Depending on how this whole thing pans out over the next few months, I may end up back in Texas. 1240 miles is a bit rough to visit. But once she is out, that will be the final chapter of me dealing with Texas.

Old 06-16-2008, 08:00 AM

Default First Timer

Hi everyone this will be my first time on the forum. I'm from florida and i two little girls. The love of my life is incarcerated in florida as well. It's about an 6 hour drive between us. Im glad i found this sight because it is hard times and some very unsure moments that i would like to know what you guys think. In the beginning i stated that i have two little girls the love of my life is not the father of either, they never met him and we plan to move together when he comes home i guess my question is am i going about this the right way i talk to my oldest about him and my youngerone is too small i love this man i always have we grew together and we want to be to gether someone please steer me right!
Old 06-16-2008, 08:07 PM
---------------
Donation Award 

Hi SPERRY, and welcome to PTO.
You're sure to find much information and support here on this site. It's a big place and takes some getting used to.
I'd like to bring to your attention that this forum is directed toward men that have wives and girlfriends who are incarcerated. That's not to say that we aren't welcome here...I post here all the time. But for you to recieve the most support from another woman in your shoes, I'd suggest that you post in the Husbands & Boyfriends Forum. That said, these gentlemen in this forum are a real treasure, and I love and respect each one of them, so don't hesitate to come on back in here. They love us! (Go on guys, I double dog dare ya to tell me ya don't...LOL ***ummmmm...no wisecracks from you, jsnake! I'm still fumin' that your hounds got all the ribs! LOL***)
I know you'll find your way around all the niches soon. So, once again, welcome to PTO!
Old 06-17-2008, 10:04 AM
Banned

now Golden, if you wouldve double ' catted " me( and only YOU know what i mean and maybe chicken legg Johnson), i would wizecrack ya.....but to double dog me is only a complient to me and i just loooovvvves your complients, even if i mispell it...
Old 06-17-2008, 10:32 AM

Hi Sperry,

Welcome to W&G, how's my home State? Yeah Florida is home for me, I do miss it. To address your question, talk to your Church or even School counselors, they can give you great insight on talking to your children about issues like this. Of course, there are plenty of folks on PTO support forums who probably have been through very similar situations and will be able to give you good advice. Be well, and again, Welcome.

Old 06-17-2008, 11:05 AM

Hi again Sperry, after posting I went online and found the following news story. This may help, not sure but I hope it's something you can look into.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/16619904/detail.html

The Following User Says Thank You to WifejailedinAZ For This Useful Post:
PTO-92958 (06-17-2008)
Old 06-17-2008, 09:19 PM

Hi, sperry, I hope you find the support you need on pto. I know I have! My only advice is to do what's best for you and your two precious girls!

As for this particular forum, please continue to visit us here! What every man knows (and is sometimes afraid to admit) is that their home always benefits by a woman's touch. The same is true here. We appreciate and welcome all you ladies that choose to join us here!!!

Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you are right!
The Following User Says Thank You to nick3369 For This Useful Post:
PTO-92958 (06-17-2008)
Old 06-17-2008, 09:20 PM

Default Ain't that the truth!

Nough said.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick3369 View Post
Hi, sperry, I hope you find the support you need on pto. I know I have! My only advice is to do what's best for you and your two precious girls!

As for this particular forum, please continue to visit us here! What every man knows (and is sometimes afraid to admit) is that their home always benefits by a woman's touch. The same is true here. We appreciate and welcome all you ladies that choose to join us here!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to WifejailedinAZ For This Useful Post:
PTO-92958 (06-17-2008)
Old 06-21-2008, 02:48 AM
Donation Award 

Hello!

My name is Vicki and I've been a member on PTO since shortly after I paroled in 2003 after a four year stay with the state of WV. In 2004, I was lucky enough to become a moderator. Shortly after my discharge, D and I realized that we were meant to be together and that we had wasted enough time being apart. Then out of nowhere, an incident that occurred 10+ earlier reared its ugly head, and we found ourselves separated once again. He is now serving a 10-20 year indeterminate sentence in WV and has a little over seven to go before discharge.

I've been "lurking" around the W&G forum for a while and on many occasions have been encouraged and renewed by some of the posts that I've read here. Thank you!

Last edited by justvicki; 06-21-2008 at 02:50 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to justvicki For This Useful Post:
jsnake (06-21-2008)
Old 06-21-2008, 08:29 AM
His Soul mate. ..

Thanked 8,162 Times in 6,851 Posts

Just want to welcome all of new people, always great to see new faces and posts!
Old 06-26-2008, 06:56 PM

** Standing up **

Hello, my name is Mike...and my lady Jenn, is unhappy in Hobby Unit somewhere in the bowels of Texas called Marlin. I am a Gemini, but I have played a Scorpio on TV. I found PTO when I was on the internet doing research on Jim Bakker's PTL club. I made a typo and found PTO. It's not a true story, but it sounds great so I am sticking to it!

I have a wicked sense of humor and often use Cyndi Lauper as the butt of my jokes. I do this because I can and because the only other thing I really remember from the 1980's is Dana Plato from Diff'rent Strokes.

I live in the Pacific Northwest. It's often called God's country, but my heart is there locked away in Marlin, Texas, that is often called Hell. It looks like I'll be on this site for a while, so I am pulling up an extra cot if anyone needs someone to talk to or looking for a good laugh..I'm usually good for both. I'm not very smart or not very good looking but I am funny. It's taken me 47 years to realize that girls are big fat liars (or crossing their fingers behind their backs) when they say they prefer a sense of humor over looks or brains. I know that is true, other wise I would be be married, happily or otherwise. But I am not. Sorry, I was hoping my bitterness wouldn't show. I do get to unleash that during my posts on another site called wives & girl friends lied to me.com

When I am not here or in the Texas forum on PTO i a can be found at any McDonalds, first booth right near the door. the guy with the old ball cap. Yeah that's me.

Again, my name is Mike and I am glad to be here.

**sitting down**

Last edited by Unhappy n Hobby; 06-26-2008 at 07:16 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Unhappy n Hobby For This Useful Post:
JaycieDnTejas (10-02-2008)