Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > SHARING EXPERIENCES > It's Not All Bad Behind the Walls
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

It's Not All Bad Behind the Walls Let's talk about the good things that happen in prison. The correctional officers that have helped us, etc.

Old 06-01-2013, 10:24 AM

Default Commending Local County Jail COs

I do have to say that the COs in the local jail where my daughter is currently confined has in many cases have gone above and beyond in my visitation time. When possible they have let me spend a extra 20 to 30 minutes with my daughter. The CO`s have been extra respectful toward me. I have to share this story. I am not sure if I have posted this story before, but when my daughter was ill and in the infirmary, I set up a visit time. I got a reply that all of the time slots was filled for visitation. That evening I just happened to be checking my email and I found a email from the jail with a time and confirmation number set for the next morning. When I checked in, I was told by the desk monitor that I was not scheduled, but that my confirmation number was legitimate. I got to spend a hour and a half with my daughter. They brought her in assisted by a CO and the infirmary nurse. To this day I do not know who sent the email whether it was a compassionate CO, the chaplain or it was a miracle of God. Needless to say, it was one of the best visits and it was very uplifting for my daughter.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Endstatism For This Useful Post:
PlasticInsanity (06-09-2015), sidewalker (06-11-2013), SusanWayward (06-01-2013)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2013, 08:32 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 25,400 Times in 13,070 Posts

Some of the staff at our county jail are decent people.
Some not so much, but the ones that show a bit of compassion to the loved ones visiting are special. I know they deal with alot.
So when you have one who's decent to you it makes a big difference.

I know when my husband was finally moved from county to state prison, I had to take a min. I went into the bathroom, had a short cry and then I came out.
I asked a few questions and then I thanked those I saw each time I visited who were nice to me. I had one female jailer in tears. She does not get thanked enough.

That's my dog's nose art

Old 12-07-2013, 01:28 AM

I have to take a moment to thank the CO at the local jail my mom is at also. My mom is allowed one fifteen minute video visitation on Sunday to be shared by five people. I had plans to meet my only sister at 4 PM (I was driving 3 hrs for the visit and did not leave until after church service, she was aware of this). At about 3PM I called and she said she forgot that I was coming and that she had just finished visiting with my mom, she lives locally. I was so upset, I called the jail, spoke to CO, who then allowed me to have a second visit with my mom considering the commute I had made just to see her. It's not like I can just go see her every week. Very compassionate CO, but I also must praise and thank God also, I know he had his part.

Sentenced: 9/18/2013, 1926 Days until Mama comes home. Counting the Days...