Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > SHARING EXPERIENCES > It's Not All Bad Behind the Walls
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

It's Not All Bad Behind the Walls Let's talk about the good things that happen in prison. The correctional officers that have helped us, etc.

Old 05-04-2011, 07:00 PM

I got out of N.W.C.X.in Feb.No the CO aren't bad.But the old wardon was.But he is know longer there.Bless his Hart.lol
Someone did a good job getting him out of N.W.C.X.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:05 AM
PRAYING MOM

Thanked 3,152 Times in 1,444 Posts

There are good and bad in any work field.My son has bend in prison.And there is 1 femail that realy help our family.And she was realy good.She will be well blessed.I hope one day to meet her.

Do not ask the Lord to
guide your footsteps.
if you are not willing
to move your feet.
Big Show 2
At Home
Old 06-01-2011, 02:34 PM

I am so happy to read some of these post. I am surrendering in a few weeks to a camp in Florida (Coleman) and I have been very nervous about how I might be treated by the COs. I have never been in trouble in my life and have no problem following rules. I know I will be nothing but respectful and hope that the COs and everyone there will see that I just want to do my time and return home safe to my husband and children. Thank you all for sharing.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:31 PM

As some others have mentioned, I think there are good and bad COs. My husband has had problems with very few of them; many take the time to treat the guys like humans, which I am quite thankful for. In visits, I have encountered both the good and the bad. To those who will allow us to visit a little longer when others aren't coming to visit - THANK YOU! :-)
Old 06-14-2011, 09:17 AM
heartfriend

Not all COs are bad, just as all humans are not bad. Unfortunately, in texes prison experience, the majority, eventually, become hardened to human fallibility. Mostly, I suppose due to the excessive exposure to offenders trying to "play" them. I cannot count the times I saw this happen. Yes, some are power hungry to compensate for the powerlessness so many of us humans feel in our lives, but, there are those who have influenced me, as an ex-offender, and many others with their compassion. They don't make the news or make a name for themselves, but they made and make my and countless other offenders' lives liveable and hopeful and worth not giving up on. Thank you to all of those that retain compassion and open minds.
The Following User Says Thank You to heartfriend For This Useful Post:
MiniMoose (06-26-2011)
Old 01-03-2012, 03:29 PM
belyewluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itamedthelion View Post
we are all human and need to be treated as such, i used to be a co and i was an awesome co, i was even told to not smile by my bosses. Can you believe that???

for some one who was so sexually harrassed while i worked there (i could be living off of the state pretty fatly)
they sure did treat me nastiliy
miss lady where did you get that dragon and pheonix saying from???!!! I LOVE IT??!! being that my husband put a pheonix on me and i had a dragon on me previously, those two are us. TOGETHER FOREVER!!!! even though his p.o.'s a punk!
Old 12-29-2012, 05:23 PM
Better Together!

I really can't say that any of the COs at RCC are bad, when I first started visiting I thought that they all acted cocky, but since then they are all nice and friendly. I think since I had never been to a prison I just wasnt sure of what to expect! The COs as I drive in are extremely nice, makes you feel welcome!
Old 12-31-2012, 09:09 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,944 Times in 2,166 Posts

When my loved one had a major medical issue recently,the co's responded quickly and got him the help he needed to save his life.He comes home in three years and that is because they did their jobs.I'm very thankful to them and the medical staff too.
When he need something to read,they have on accassion even given him a book to read.That is a big thing if your locked in shu 24-7/365.
My love says they treat him decently and he has no complaints.That is nice to hear and eases my stress level so much!
A huge thank you to all the co's who treat our loved ones as people who have family and friends who love them.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:42 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,773 Times in 635 Posts

We had quite a few bad CO's where I was at and then there were a few good ones. One in particular was a Lt. who would go out of his way to ask about you. You were still an offender, but he treated you with respect, and you gave it back. A few years after my release and I am honored to be able to call him a brother in Christ and we are in a ministry group together, he was a blessing then and he is a blessing now when I need a phone call that helps me to redirect to where I should go.

Waiting, I have been in perpetual waiting. At the end of the waiting, my family will be reunited and complete. Until then, I will keep waiting, praying, and loving each one with patience and strength. I love you all, I miss you all....until that day comes.