Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > SHARING EXPERIENCES > It's Not All Bad Behind the Walls
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

It's Not All Bad Behind the Walls Let's talk about the good things that happen in prison. The correctional officers that have helped us, etc.

Old 02-20-2013, 03:34 PM

Smile His health is a million percent better!

When I married my hubby in October 2011, he was about 300lbs. He was addicted to methadone, which he took for pain, having no kneecaps following chemo, and wore braces on his legs to avoid swelling but nonetheless suffered frequent leg infections (all this had been caused by elephantiasis).

His first few months in jail, starting in January 2012, were really rough. He suffered immediate withdrawal from methadone and came close to death in that process. Without pain meds he was confined to a wheelchair. He could not eat the prison food (it made him vomit) and he lost weight very fast. he had several very nasty leg infections, which kept recurring because the antibiotics need to be given for a few weeks intravenously and he was given a short course of pills. We both feared for his life. Nevertheless he began to work out, like the other guys, starting with just 3 push-ups a day.

After 4 months he had a short period on home confinement. When he was released by the marshalls he had no money and no wheelchair and he started walking. He walked for 2 hours before he met someone prepared to let him use a phone. That was the first time he had walked without pain in 10 years!

Since he went back things have only got better. He now weighs 175lbs and has a muscle mass of a man 15 years younger than him (he's 49). He does 1000 burpies a day and an hour of power walking. When he was admitted to jail he wore a 3XL. Last week he was issued an L. He no longer wears leg braces but just flight socks (sometimes!). His doctor says that these things dont just heal themselves and this is something he has only seen a couple of times in his entire career. It has truly been a miracle.

He collects the left over veggies from the other inmates trays and makes himself soups and salads. He still can't eat most of the prison food. He no longer eats candy or fried food. He eats as healthy a diet as he can under the circumstances!

None of this would have happened if he hadn't gone to jail. It has been a total blessing to him. He has also become much more humble.

At this moment he is being transferred to a prison camp where he will have access to weights to complete his physical transformation. By Christmas he will hopefully be in a halfway house.

The amazing thing is that I married him because I knew it was what God wanted me to do. It was an act of faith. I didn't find him physically attractive but I trusted in the Lord. I think that is quite fixed now We are both amazed at what an astounding blessing this whole thing has been for both of us and look forward to a long and happy future together now that he has such good health!

Last edited by Debbra; 02-20-2013 at 03:42 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Debbra For This Useful Post:
jadah (07-09-2015), Mrs Harris (08-17-2015)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2013, 03:12 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,944 Times in 2,166 Posts

I'm so gald that you trusted God and he rewarded that trust.
It truly is amazing how he can use even the most trying of experiences to bless us.
Thank you for sharing