Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Parole, Probation, Halfway Houses, Employment, etc.
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan Parole, Probation, Halfway Houses, Employment, etc. All information & questions relating to parole, probation, community service, half-way houses, and ex-offender employment in Michigan should be posted here.

Old 09-27-2007, 12:00 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,728 Times in 1,649 Posts
Default Possible callbacks on 18 month flops!

I was just informed that there are a few guys that received eighteen month flops are getting callbacks, so there is some hope if you end up getting an 18 month flop.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2007, 10:54 PM
Waiting...

Yeah, I have been hearing the same thing on 12-month flops.... My boyfriend also said that there were a LOT of guys who just rode out yesterday (from his facility) that got called back and parolled.... So I guess there is hope.

Old 09-28-2007, 01:55 PM
miles to go b4 I sleep
Donation Award 

That's what has happened to my fiance, he got a 12 month flop in June (to go to May 08) and he just got a call back for October 18th.

Old 09-28-2007, 02:45 PM
we are FREE xoxox
Donation Award 

YAY that is so exciting!!!!
Old 09-29-2007, 01:47 PM
Only time will tell....

What exactly does "called back" mean? They get to go home?
Old 09-29-2007, 02:01 PM

"Call back" means they are seeing the parole board early - ahead of the normal schedule.

If someone receives a 12 month flop, then they should not see the parole board for another 9 months - usually 3 months before the 12 months is up.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:01 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,728 Times in 1,649 Posts

Called back means they can go before the parole board again and usually end up getting a parole and go home.

Old 09-29-2007, 02:07 PM
Only time will tell....

ok, thanks!
Old 10-04-2007, 10:42 PM

My son had his hearing on May 3rd. he didn't get an answer till about the end of July,he got a 18 month flop, which would not even start till this december. Well he is now in AOP (which is why he was flopped) and he is seeing the board again in november, BEFORE the flop even starts. Can anyone tell me just why they would do this if they weren't planning to parole him? He says he will finish AOP on november 20th. Also do you think it is POSIBLE he could be home by Xmas?
Old 10-05-2007, 05:37 AM
Home since April 2009!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prisoners mom
My son had his hearing on May 3rd. he didn't get an answer till about the end of July,he got a 18 month flop, which would not even start till this december. Well he is now in AOP (which is why he was flopped) and he is seeing the board again in november, BEFORE the flop even starts. Can anyone tell me just why they would do this if they weren't planning to parole him? He says he will finish AOP on november 20th. Also do you think it is POSIBLE he could be home by Xmas?
They wont parole him until his AOP is complete and the papers are turned in.
Good luck anyway.

Loving the freedom......
Old 10-05-2007, 05:55 AM

If he finishes AOP November 20 I don't see how he could be home before Christmas. The psych has to finish the termination report and get it to the parole board, that can take anywhere from a week to months from what we've seen with other people. The parole board then has their 30-45 days to read it and make a decision, then if they give a parole the prison has 30 more days to do what they need to do on their end to let him out.

My guy finished AOP the end of May, was out the beginning of August.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:33 AM

ok.. then xmas is 'out' for this year... But it sure looks to me like they are planning to parole him. I'm thinking early spring.. I can't see why they'd be seeing him again so soon if they weren't really considering paroling him. Sounds like alot of them are getting paroled though.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:35 AM

I know he wouldn't be paroled till after he completes the AOP though.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:49 PM
Home since April 2009!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prisoners mom
ok.. then xmas is 'out' for this year... But it sure looks to me like they are planning to parole him. I'm thinking early spring.. I can't see why they'd be seeing him again so soon if they weren't really considering paroling him. Sounds like alot of them are getting paroled though.
The thing to think about is - we wondered why they pulled my husband the first time - 8 months before this erd. Well - we figured just to get him out of the way - lol - since he was an easy answer. - lol

Easy answer because he still is in AOP and has a few months yet to go.

Loving the freedom......
Old 10-05-2007, 01:00 PM

mrssunnyb, did they give him a deferral though or just flopped him because it wasn't done?

I'm thinking if they are seeing this guy in October and he'll finish group in November it would make sense to give him a deferral but then again it would make more sense to wait and see him when they get the termination report because then they will have more info on which to base their decision.

Why am I trying to figure this out? We all know nothing they do makes sense.

prisoners mom, here's a thought for you - and something we did - if he is getting monthly progress reports from AOP, have him take them with him.

In fact, if they are exceptionally good, I'd have him ask someone to make copies for him so he can mail them to you and you can mail them to the parole board beforehand!
Old 10-06-2007, 07:15 AM

at his hearing in may he brought the replies he got from sending kites to get back into AOP to show the guy he HAD been trying to get back in.. I don't know the name of this board member but Josh says it looks like an "M" then more or less just a straight line ,for his signature. Does anyone know which one signs their name like that? Anyway he came right out and told him " You complete the AOP with a good report and I'll show you the door" quote unquote. He seemed to kinda change his attitude towards us after I told him his son is 3 yrs old and Josh has never met him, like he almost had some sympathy for him.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:59 AM
Home since April 2009!!

[quote=MomTo5]mrssunnyb, did they give him a deferral though or just flopped him because it wasn't done? He got a deferral.

I'm thinking if they are seeing this guy in October and he'll finish group in November it would make sense to give him a deferral but then again it would make more sense to wait and see him when they get the termination report because then they will have more info on which to base their decision. He will most likely get a deferral, but like you said - you just never know.

Loving the freedom......
Old 10-08-2007, 03:07 PM

I just called the parole board and found out it was John Schlinker that did my son's hearing in May. I am hoping he has him again.